Paul Lambert

limpid

I suppose when his 2 major attacking signings suffer major injuries that would have an effect on our scoring stats.? I'm referring to the last batch of games in which we have missed plenty of decent chances and the players have to take responsibility. If we weren't creating anything and were being turned over easily by teams then I'd fully blame the manager.

For the people saying Lambert isn't getting the best out of the players, what's the reason for the defence playing so good? Nothing is black and white and the blame lies with both the manager and the players just like the credit should go to the players and manager when we are playing well.

By the last batch of games, you basically mean a 10 minute period against Liverpool and a couple of chances against Palace? Not good enough. Also, interesting that the strikers (namely Benteke) are being blamed for our recent goal drought while his injury is being used as an excuse for the overall goal tally in the first sentence of your post.

As for the defence, it means little when it is totally offset by the worst strike rate this league has ever seen. My theory is that Lambert is incapable of striking a balance in a team. His Norwich side were fuelled by a real gung-ho, outscore the opposition approach. He tried to implement similar here during his first season and almost got us relegated with the neglectful standard of defending. He then made an effort to improve it the next season but it came at the expense of McLeish football.

No, by the last batch of games I mean ' the last batch of games ' not a 10 minute spell in a game. Benteke has been playing shit and missed some great chances over the past month or so and that's a big factor in why things are the way they are atm. Try be a little less condescending in your future posts, good lad. ;)

So why was Benteke's injury simultaneously being used as an excuse then?

As he showed in the past that he is capable of scoring alot of goals, unfortunately he has been in bad form over the past month or so which is costing us. Is that so hard for you to accept?

As he showed in the past that he is capable of scoring alot of goals, unfortunately he has been in bad form over the past month or so which is costing us. Is that so hard for you to accept?

We shouldn't be reliant on one player to score all of our goals. You can't blame Benteke for not being able to single-handedly carry us but then use his absence as a reason for the lack of goals earlier in the season which thereby assumes that he would've been in form during that period.

We shouldn't be reliant on one player to score all of our goals. You can't blame Benteke for not being able to single-handedly carry us but then use his absence as a reason for the lack of goals earlier in the season which thereby assumes that he would've been in form during that period.
Of course we are reliant on Benteke to score goals, He is our main striker. It's pretty simple really, I honestly dont know why you want to argue against it. Anyway, I'm done in this thread for a bit as discussions like this just end up going round in circles and are boring.

Of course we are reliant on Benteke to score goals, He is our main striker. It's pretty simple really, I honestly dont know why you want to argue against it. Anyway, I'm done in this thread for a bit as discussions like this just end up going round in circles and are boring.

Evidently so.

Hull have 8 more goals than us from 8 less shots on target, Why their players are taking the chances our are not. Lambert wont score the goals the players will

Once again: the side is set up in a manner that allows for greater ball retention to prevent us shipping goals. This set up means that our main attacking threat comes from overlapping defenders - namely Hutton and Cissokho - putting crosses into the box, something neither of them can do with much accuracy. Our four midfielders concentrate on ball retention, but do so to the detriment of attacking play, with very few forward passes, no through-balls and the occasional ball over the top courtesy of Westwood. This has meant that our strikers have been struggling for chances, not aided by their lack of movement.

Now, who has set up the formation this way? The manager. Who has dictated the change in style? The manager. Who has responsibility for bollocking the strikers off they don't show enough movement? The manager. Who, while not out there actively kicking the ball, bears ultimate responsibility for the actions of the team because that's what their job is? The manager.

• Like 2

Evidently so.
Lol is that some kind of childish dig at me or what are you trying to say?

Hull have 8 more goals than us from 8 less shots on target, Why their players are taking the chances our are not. Lambert wont score the goals the players will

Are their chances the exact same ones as ours then?

And if we were a high scoring team Lambert would get no credit?

Evidently so.

No but I'll leave you to figure it out.

Evidently so.

No but I'll leave you to figure it out.

You could just say exactly what you mean as the way I'm taking it is that you are contradicting yourself then.   Not easy to decipher such a vague statement. 

Well unfortuantley when your back up striker is inured you do become reliant on your first choice striker to do the business. Anyway I'm sure when Lambert was trying to sign another striker he was getting slated saying we didn't need one, and now we do. People saying that Lambert hanst tried to address the scoring issue are wrong! Bringing in gill is trying to address it. He's made it very clear the last few transfer windows that he wanted to get a "number 10".

• Like 2

Â