Paul Lambert

limpid

It is so boring reading the same stuff day in day out and people trying to shoehorn in any way possible into any opinion one of the following:

We are crap

We dont score

We are boring

We dont create anything

We only have two good players

(not saying I agree with any of those)

basically to me it is like trying to post anything they can that has a dig at the club / manager / players .  And before anyone has a go at me I know I may have done it the odd time or two,  but really come on people isnt anyone else bored shitless of that?

Until something changes at the club (the manager would be a start) then of course the same old things are going to be said.  The team plays in the same shit way with the same shit results, week after week,  It's kind of funny though, that you're attacking posters on here for repeating the same lines, yet support a manager who serves up dross, week after week, then parrots the same nonsense almost word for word in the most-match interviews. 

• Like 4

While Lambert continues to make a pig's ear of his job of being Aston Villa manager his decisions will quite rightly be questioned.

As will all of the things contributing to him making a "pig's ear" of his job. Apart from net spend of course.  :P

While Lambert continues to make a pig's ear of his job of being Aston Villa manager his decisions will quite rightly be questioned.

As will all of the things contributing to him making a "pig's ear" of his job. Apart from net spend of course.  :P

Interesting you mention that....... ;)

• Like 4

Until something changes at the club (the manager would be a start) then of course the same old things are going to be said.  The team plays in the same shit way with the same shit results, week after week,  It's kind of funny though, that you're attacking posters on here for repeating the same lines, yet support a manager who serves up dross, week after week, then parrots the same nonsense almost word for word in the most-match interviews. 

You're not a complete idiot, so why is it that you seem to imagine that every kick of the ball has the manager's signature on it?

The TEAM have been serving up dross. Some think the reason is all down to the manager, some don't.

It's a tiny (but important) bit of extra thinking to realise that some things can actually happen despite the manager and not because of him.

• Like 1

Just seen an interesting stat.On average it takes us 14.3 shots in the opponents box to score a goal. The next worst to that is Burnley with 7.4 shots average in the opponents box to score a goal. We have been let down by our forwards over the past couple of months. Also over the last 6 games we stand 11th for shots, ahead of Man Utd and Southampton. Normally if we lose its by 1 goal so I think it's fair to say that our forward players are letting us down more than the manager.

• Like 4

Just seen an interesting stat.On average it takes us 14.3 shots in the opponents box to score a goal. The next worst to that is Burnley with 7.4 shots average in the opponents box to score a goal. We have been let down by our forwards over the past couple of months. Also over the last 6 games we stand 11th for shots, ahead of Man Utd and Southampton. Normally if we lose its by 1 goal so I think it's fair to say that our forward players are letting us down more than the manager.

What are our net shots though? I suppose that would be our shots minus the shots of the opposition.

• Like 2

Bacuna showed more in his few appearances run in the team than Cleverly has all season.   Unbelievable from PL not to play him more when we have been struggling.

Bacuna seems to have turned into Zidane sitting on that bench. I'll give you that he's capable of offering more attacking threat than Tomcles, but he's also comparatively a loose cannon and just as capable of going missing.

Lambert has turned into Guardiola, not a bad bunch we have.

It would be interesting to see how many shots we actually have inside an opponents penalty area per game. Whilst our finishing has been poor, I think the route of the problem has been actually creating clear cut chances. If we had more flair in the side with either Benteke or Weimann as a striker (and not playing wide!!) I think the above stats would look a lot better. But it all points back to Lambert and his poor tactics

• Like 2

Using any set of money to prove a point is just daft IMO. Guzan being signed on a free doesn't make him bad, Gill being signed for cheap doesn't mean he will have less impact on games that a more expensive player.

I don't need to look at fees and wages to know the players we have could and should be playing better as individuals and a team. The reason they're not is not because of the amount they're paid each week.

Yeah, it's daft to use money to prove a point. It's not like the better players in World football cost more money or anything. :detect:

Soldado cost £30 million and benteke cost £7 million. Which player is better?

TBF I think that stasis around the club would make it hard for any manager to really motivate the players. I mean it's not like we're actually trying to achieve anything at all. What's the dream they're buying into?

Careful now. An understanding of human psychology is beyond most armchair football analysts.

I do love the fact you seem to genuinely think your knowledge of the game is above others, all while you defend such a poor performing manager.

Using any set of money to prove a point is just daft IMO. Guzan being signed on a free doesn't make him bad, Gill being signed for cheap doesn't mean he will have less impact on games that a more expensive player.

I don't need to look at fees and wages to know the players we have could and should be playing better as individuals and a team. The reason they're not is not because of the amount they're paid each week.

Yeah, it's daft to use money to prove a point. It's not like the better players in World football cost more money or anything. :detect:

I get your point but I think Soldado has actually proved over the course of his career so far that he is a better forward than Benteke, England or Spurs just doesn't seem to suit his playing style. Benteke will without question surpass him though.

I digress though....

On average it takes us 14.3 shots in the opponents box to score a goal

And how many games does it take us to average 14.3 shots in the opponents box?

Also over the last 6 games we stand 11th for shots, ahead of Man Utd and Southampton. Normally if we lose its by 1 goal so I think it's fair to say that our forward players are letting us down more than the manager.

You've just picked a shot stat. Are they good chances they're missing or are they shots from distance of difficult angles? And even if they were missing easy chances, that might explain the last handful of games. What about the other 95 games where we've managed to average around 1 point per game?

I get your point but I think Soldado has actually proved over the course of his career so far that he is a better forward than Benteke, England or Spurs just doesn't seem to suit his playing style. Benteke will without question surpass him though.

I digress though....

That kind of backs up what I'm saying. His price is no guarantee that he was the better signing.

• Like 2

A loss to Bournemouth and this guy surely couldn't be justified in staying.

He's here until the end of the season I think people need to get used to that

Unfortunately, I think he will be here until the end of his contract or we are sold, whichever happens first.

Keep guessing. People said it was nailed on that he'd be gone at the end of last season regardless of whether we got taken over or not, that didn't happen.

On average it takes us 14.3 shots in the opponents box to score a goal

And how many games does it take us to average 14.3 shots in the opponents box?

Also over the last 6 games we stand 11th for shots, ahead of Man Utd and Southampton. Normally if we lose its by 1 goal so I think it's fair to say that our forward players are letting us down more than the manager.

You've just picked a shot stat. Are they good chances they're missing or are they shots from distance of difficult angles? And even if they were missing easy chances, that might explain the last handful of games. What about the other 95 games where we've managed to average around 1 point per game?

l3m370R.gif

• Like 2

I digress though....

That kind of backs up what I'm saying. His price is no guarantee that he was the better signing.

I wasn't even discussing the price = potential argument. I was just saying that for that argument it was probably a bad example.

Edited by sexbelowsound

TBF I think that stasis around the club would make it hard for any manager to really motivate the players. I mean it's not like we're actually trying to achieve anything at all. What's the dream they're buying into?

Careful now. An understanding of human psychology is beyond most armchair football analysts.

I do love the fact you seem to genuinely think your knowledge of the game is above others, all while you defend such a poor performing manager.

My knowledge of football is nothing special at all at all at all. It doesn't need to be. It's enough for me to know that the manager's knowledge of football is greater than that of anyone on VT.

That doesn't mean he's doing a perfect job, but it does mean that he's likely to be better at seeing where he's gone wrong than you or I.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 4

Â