Paul Lambert

limpid

Agreed.  As I said before.  The squad is good.  His management of it - poor.

That's an easy thing to say, and many have said it. It may or may not be true, but saying it doesn't make it so.

I think the challenges have been monumental, and a different manager achieving the same results would probably have lost the plot, and the dressing room, completely by now.

Instead, the squad morale seems fine, the people he works for are happy with the job he's doing, and he's still picking up good deals in the transfer market.

If he is indeed tactically clueless and a poor coach I guess we'll see the proof in comparison with his successor, but we aren't going to like the circumstances in which we get to find out, barring a takeover.

• Like 2

Agreed. As I said before. The squad is good. His management of it - poor.

That's an easy thing to say, and many have said it. It may or may not be true, but saying it doesn't make it so.

I think the challenges have been monumental, and a different manager achieving the same results would probably have lost the plot, and the dressing room, completely by now.

Instead, the squad morale seems fine, the people he works for are happy with the job he's doing, and he's still picking up good deals in the transfer market.

If he is indeed tactically clueless and a poor coach I guess we'll see the proof in comparison with his successor, but we aren't going to like the circumstances in which we get to find out, barring a takeover.

So once again it's down to making something up to defend Lambert. Edited by DK82

Agreed. As I said before. The squad is good. His management of it - poor.

So once again it's down to making something up to defend Lambert.

I didn't make anything up at all. That really is what I think. Pinky promise.

I hope that with a bit of thought you can see how silly your post is. You're accusing me of making stuff up by comparing him to an imaginary alternative. By wanting him sacked that is exactly what you are doing. I mean fill your boots, but at least recognise that that's what you're doing.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 2

TBF I think that stasis around the club would make it hard for any manager to really motivate the players. I mean it's not like we're actually trying to achieve anything at all. What's the dream they're buying into? 

The manager should have no problems motivating himself to try to achieve the highest possible league finish and push on from that the next season.If he can't even do that, there's really no point

• Like 1

TBF I think that stasis around the club would make it hard for any manager to really motivate the players. I mean it's not like we're actually trying to achieve anything at all. What's the dream they're buying into? 

Careful now. An understanding of human psychology is beyond most armchair football analysts.

The manager should have no problems motivating himself to try to achieve the highest possible league finish and push on from that the next season.If he can't even do that, there's really no point

He just needs to sit the players down and give a rousing, spine-tingling speech about jolly-well-finishing-as high-as-possible-up-the-table. Driven by this mouth-watering prospect, the players will be infused with an animal-like fervour, and play each game frothing at the mouth.

Is that what you mean?

• Like 3

Well Paul Lambert is not the best manager or coach in the world.  I think we can all agree with that.  Therefore the reality of it is that we could probably get someone better in. Whether they would be willing to work in the circumstances is another question.  However, IMO I think we could definitely find a better coach willing to join us. 

• Like 1

He just needs to sit the players down and give a rousing, spine-tingling speech about jolly-well-finishing-as high-as-possible-up-the-table. Driven by this mouth-watering prospect, the players will be infused with an animal-like fervour, and play each game frothing at the mouth.

Is that what you mean?

They would need a translator of course.  :D

Well Paul Lambert is not the best manager or coach in the world.  I think we can all agree with that.  Therefore the reality of it is that we could probably get someone better in. 

Because he's not the best manager, therefore we could get someone better, who at the moment we have wittled down to 'the best manager in the world'.

So therefore, if I may use your word again, I would probably disagree that we could get the best manager in the world to join us. 

All good boys go to school. The best boy goes to school. Our son is not the best boy. Our son does not go to school. 

• Like 3

Well Paul Lambert is not the best manager or coach in the world.  I think we can all agree with that.  Therefore the reality of it is that we could probably get someone better in.

Because he's not the best manager, therefore we could get someone better, who at the moment we have wittled down to 'the best manager in the world'.

So therefore, if I may use your word again, I would probably disagree that we could get the best manager in the world to join us. 

All good boys go to school. The best boy goes to school. Our son is not the best boy. Our son does not go to school.

I think he means there are obviously better managers out there, but it is not really our job to scout them or have knowledge who's out there, which is why were not sure who it could be.

Is that what you mean?

They're professionals. They're there to do a job. It's his job to make sure they do that job.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, a squad which includea Guzan, Cissokho, Hutton, Okore, Vlaar, Delph, Westwood, Sanchez, Cleverley, N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor and Benteke should not be struggling. Whether he has spent 100m, 50m or 10m, the squad we have is not one which should be worrying about relegation!

Really?, I mean honestly?

What is more probable?

A: that all those individual players are all individually and collectively underperforming for various reasons week after week because of external influences (including the management)?

Or

B: that one persons opinion on the relative ability of all these players is a little overrated?

I personally think that that list of players looks like a recipe for a relegation battle. With the exception of Hutton Cissoko and Cleverley who played for better clubs before us and Gabby who finished 5/6 a couple of times all these players have ever done in the Premier League is basically fight off relegation. Add the rest of the squad to the list and it doesnt improve any Richardson, Weimann, Lowton, Herd, Clarke, Baker, Bacuna, Thats a list of players whose Premier league careers have been spent fighting off relegation. 

Who do we have in our squad that you cant really say that of? Given usually played for teams that finished higher than this and he's 38 and Joe Cole. And he's 33. And crocked.

Its all an opinion of course and I dont want to come across all ranty but seriously why do people think we're better than we constantly show we are?

• Like 1

Agreed.  As I said before.  The squad is good.  His management of it - poor.

Instead, the squad morale seems fine

I would say the opposite is true, from what I see on the pitch im not entirely sure he has all the players with him at the moment. I think there are quite a few that would be pleased to see the back of Lambert. Thats just my opinion of course

At the end of the day, a squad which includea Guzan, Cissokho, Hutton, Okore, Vlaar, Delph, Westwood, Sanchez, Cleverley, N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor and Benteke should not be struggling. Whether he has spent 100m, 50m or 10m, the squad we have is not one which should be worrying about relegation!

Really?, I mean honestly?

What is more probable?

A: that all those individual players are all individually and collectively underperforming for various reasons week after week because of external influences (including the management)?

Or

B: that one persons opinion on the relative ability of all these players is a little overrated?

I personally think that that list of players looks like a recipe for a relegation battle. With the exception of Hutton Cissoko and Cleverley who played for better clubs before us and Gabby who finished 5/6 a couple of times all these players have ever done in the Premier League is basically fight off relegation. Add the rest of the squad to the list and it doesnt improve any Richardson, Weimann, Lowton, Herd, Clarke, Baker, Bacuna, Thats a list of players whose Premier league careers have been spent fighting off relegation. 

Who do we have in our squad that you cant really say that of? Given usually played for teams that finished higher than this and he's 38 and Joe Cole. And he's 33. And crocked.

Its all an opinion of course and I dont want to come across all ranty but seriously why do people think we're better than we constantly show we are?

A is more probable

Stepping-stones.jpg

As everybody rightly points out though, it's his complete lack of coaching ability that is the main reason he should be sacked.

"Everybody" does not point this out, and if they did there is no proof that they're right

Lambert is here until at least the end of the season so the teams interests are probably best served bygetting behind him

• Like 2

As everybody rightly points out though, it's his complete lack of coaching ability that is the main reason he should be sacked.

"Everybody" does not point this out, and if they did there is no proof that they're right

Lambert is here until at least the end of the season so the teams interests are probably best served bygetting behind him

Well if you want to bring pedantry and lack of proof into it, you've no evidence that he'll be here until the end of the season, or that getting behind him will have a discernible effect on results.

• Like 1

You could say that about 14 Premier League teams though.... 

Money is what they're buying into. Getting paid to do a job. Like all other footballers in all other teams. If they play well they will play for a better team if they're good enough. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I dont think he will go unless he quits. As others have said Lerner will not pull the trigger, the only way he will leave is if the level of abuse he gets from the fans becomes too much for him to handle.

Â