Paul Lambert

limpid

15 Wins in 63 matches at home. Fifteen.

Better than 14.

Progress.

15 Wins in 63 matches at home. Fifteen.

Better than 14.

Progress.

Just heard his post match interview on WM.

Still trying to claim that we have 5 attacking players in our team with Sanchez the only defensive midfielder. Unbelievable.

Really wish he'd stop saying "I couldn't fault the lads for their effort" isn't that the minimum requirement? It's like turning up for work, you just do it

Another sub 30k attendance says it all. Really think we'll see our lowest attendance in a long long time v Blackpool

Edited by benireduk
  • Like 1

Trying to be objective and looking at todays match stats -

We had 69% possession

14 shots to Palace's 6

Only 3 on target to Palace's 0 (although they did hit the post)

That to me indicates the tactics deployed worked but the personnel didn't.

Lambert may be many things (boring, useless, inept so I keep on reading) but he isn't the one kicking the ball on the pitch, he's done that for a living and now he gets others to do it for him.

I think part of the blame lies with the players too - I know this will be countered by the fact that PL picks the players but we don't have much to choose from really. 

What is needed is serious investment by Lerner - we need better players upfront/out wide because Gabby, Weimann and N'Zogbia are not the answer and certainly not good enough.

Grealish may be in the future but I fear he is already being seen by some as a mystical messiah that will change our fortunes. (we've been here before with the Moore brothers, Delfouneso et al)

He is a young lad with bags of potential - his time will come. The fact he is getting on regularly is really positive but some are pinning their hopes on this lad way too soon.

The facts are that whilst the respective manager does not go out and kick the balls for them.....they are responsible.

They are responsible for poor performance as they take the plaudits for good performance....they create the mood, the team spirit, they are responsible for the players motivation....if they think their heads are not right they reserve the right to replace them.

If they have no options or not enough players the carry out their duties and meet their responsibilities they reserve the right to defend their position.....if they choose not to, it is to be understood they are happy with tools at their disposal

It's time now for some honest talking....the hidden agenda's should cease, before we slip into the abyss.

TRO nice response - Managers are ultimately responsible and I agree Lambert isn't the best manager out there.

The club on the whole are short-changing the fans - we need change from the top downwards, either a new owner (not likely) or proper investment (again not likely).

Even if Lambert were to be sacked (the third not likley!), we might get someone in who would make an impact but would only suffer from the same restrictions imposed by the club as time goes on.

The rot has set in at this club unfortunately and only radical change will alter this, not a new manager (IMO)

What Paul Lambert has given Villa fans at Villa Park:

Pl48 W13 D13 L22 F52-68A GD-16 Pts52

So on average he has delivered 1.08 goals and 1.08 points per home game. And a win in just over one in every four matches.

Amazing.

Atleast it's not one in every five though; progress.

So on average he has delivered 1.08 goals and 1.08 points per home game. And a win in just over one in every four matches.

Very lucky. Any other club and he'd have gone a long time ago.

Trying to be objective and looking at todays match stats -

We had 69% possession

14 shots to Palace's 6

Only 3 on target to Palace's 0 (although they did hit the post)

That to me indicates the tactics deployed worked but the personnel didn't.

Lambert may be many things (boring, useless, inept so I keep on reading) but he isn't the one kicking the ball on the pitch, he's done that for a living and now he gets others to do it for him.

I think part of the blame lies with the players too - I know this will be countered by the fact that PL picks the players but we don't have much to choose from really. 

What is needed is serious investment by Lerner - we need better players upfront/out wide because Gabby, Weimann and N'Zogbia are not the answer and certainly not good enough.

Grealish may be in the future but I fear he is already being seen by some as a mystical messiah that will change our fortunes. (we've been here before with the Moore brothers, Delfouneso et al)

He is a young lad with bags of potential - his time will come. The fact he is getting on regularly is really positive but some are pinning their hopes on this lad way too soon.

The facts are that whilst the respective manager does not go out and kick the balls for them.....they are responsible.

They are responsible for poor performance as they take the plaudits for good performance....they create the mood, the team spirit, they are responsible for the players motivation....if they think their heads are not right they reserve the right to replace them.

If they have no options or not enough players the carry out their duties and meet their responsibilities they reserve the right to defend their position.....if they choose not to, it is to be understood they are happy with tools at their disposal

It's time now for some honest talking....the hidden agenda's should cease, before we slip into the abyss.

TRO nice response - Managers are ultimately responsible and I agree Lambert isn't the best manager out there.

The club on the whole are short-changing the fans - we need change from the top downwards, either a new owner (not likely) or proper investment (again not likely).

Even if Lambert were to be sacked (the third not likley!), we might get someone in who would make an impact but would only suffer from the same restrictions imposed by the club as time goes on.

The rot has set in at this club unfortunately and only radical change will alter this, not a new manager (IMO)

I have said many times if the funding is a problem.....he should find a way of saying so without incriminating himself.....I have heard many managers do it and stay in a job....he never has, to my knowledge.

The excuses at b6 are like pass the hot potato.

Whilst I am far from happy with lerners recent support.....we have spent millions on Davies....bent....and nzogbia.....so we have proved that with money we have failed too

The problem for me is confusing and deep rooted...I think it is a whole combination of things that poor performance is being accepted at our club in to many quarters....it's rotten

• Like 1

well, it has to doesn't it?

Unfortunately, I think this is the managers thinking. Because we seem to just play the same players and don't seem to work on anything at all to do with runs, movements or quick passes round the box.

Well, you're not going to get quick passes around the box with Agbonlahor/Benteke/Weimann. Benteke himself is completely static as well so you need people to create for him. The problem is that Agbonlahor and Weimann are most effective running in to channels but then, playing as wide forward types, they're not creative enough to do much with the ball.

You need a change of formation and approach but Lambert just doesn't do this. It's 4-3-3 every game unless forced to change it. Sometimes you can say "it's worked before, it will work again" (Koeman at Southampton for example) but sometimes you need to accept something is wrong and alter the setup to see if something else works. I guess the lack of defeats means he feels relatively safe doing the same thing.

I'd agree with that's my main issue with Lambert and why I don't think funds and other issues are valid excuses.

Its quite clear he's unable to get something from the squad and like you say we continue to do the same thing. A different manager with different ideas could really make a difference with these players.

• Like 2

I am confused.

There will always be someone that defends Lambert. I guess we have to accept that they will never accept what is staring them in the face. Thank god the majority on here realise what a useless tool Lambert is.

You realise you and the rest of ye are in the minority.

No boos, no Lambert out chants.

We're 12th and have made progress in many areas this season.

No boos? Were you watching the match? Genuinely not sure if you're just trolling now.

I really cannot see any progress at all.one goal in 5, we play terrible football and still get beaten by lower league opposition in the league

No progress here I'm afraid mate

I would assume that the only personnel backing this totally useless donkey is the folk not parting with the queens head on a weekly basis to whiteness the enjoyment.

It really is that Simple!.. 

I would assume that the only personnel backing this totally useless donkey is the folk not parting with the queens head on a weekly basis to whiteness the enjoyment.

It really is that Simple!..

No it's not that simple. There's many that attend week in week out that still support Lambert.

Edited by Robbie09

So on average he has delivered 1.08 goals and 1.08 points per home game. And a win in just over one in every four matches.

That is just awful.

The reason we have the best defence outside the top 4 is because we have 3 CMs, all of whom are more defensive than attacking and two wingers who are selected for their hard work and tracking skills rather than what they offer going forward.

Chelsea have a good defence (although they are currently having a mare), we have an average defence it is just well protected by a defensive midfield.

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 1

So on average he has delivered 1.08 goals and 1.08 points per home game. And a win in just over one in every four matches.

Those stats wouldn't even be good enough away from home

I'd say we're actually going backwards.

When you think back to how we finished his first year. We've not come close to repeating anything like that.

We've been going backwards all season, it's how we've kept the goals from flying in at each end ;)

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Just heard his post match interview on WM.

Still trying to claim that we have 5 attacking players in our team with Sanchez the only defensive midfielder. Unbelievable.

Really wish he'd stop saying "I couldn't fault the lads for their effort" isn't that the minimum requirement? It's like turning up for work, you just do it

Another sub 30k attendance says it all. Really think we'll see our lowest attendance in a long long time v Blackpool

Does annoy me sometimes how he's so nice to his players

He needs a bit of a nasty streak if players are underperforming he should say it Monk did something similar the other day with Shelvey

I know its part of his job to protect his players but come on enough is enough some players at the club are stealing a living at the minute with their inept performances and they never seem to be brought to account

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â