Paul Lambert

limpid

Theoretically speaking we could carry on as we are and not be relegated, by which I mean we could play our remaining 18 matches, conceding nothing due to our improved defence but scoring nothing due to our woeful attack, and end up with the magical 40 points that's theoretically needed to remain in the Prem. But can anyone really see us not losing another match before the end of the season? Having an improved defence is great, don't get me wrong, but goals have to start coming from somewhere, and so far I see no evidence that even if Lambert bought in better players he'd know what to do with them.

• Like 1

Theoretically speaking we could carry on as we are and not be relegated, by which I mean we could play our remaining 18 matches, conceding nothing due to our improved defence but scoring nothing due to our woeful attack, and end up with the magical 40 points that's theoretically needed to remain in the Prem. But can anyone really see us not losing another match before the end of the season? Having an improved defence is great, don't get me wrong, but goals have to start coming from somewhere, and so far I see no evidence that even if Lambert bought in better players he'd know what to do with them.

We'll definitely lose more games this season and we'll definitely win more games.  The problem is what happens if we start to conceed goals because there's nothing up the other end of the pitch to suggest we'll score plenty any time soon.

I actually think our goals ratio will improve in the second half of the season because... well, it has to doesn't it?

Surely it's the managers job to stay positive in the face of adversity......and on the money he is come up with all the bullshit under the sun to protect his family's lifestyle

Our job, is to say what we see......and let him know we are pissed off of being ripped off.

Not to say what we would like to have seen.....should have seen.....or are likely to see in the future.

Some of the comments on here leave me speechless.

He has a mouth he should defend himself, if he feels he's being held back, let's have an open ,honest debate about this unacceptable series of records over his tenure.

They owe it to the fans for a bit of open honesty.

Anyone defending this awful record is purely condescending to me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

well, it has to doesn't it?

Unfortunately, I think this is the managers thinking. Because we seem to just play the same players and don't seem to work on anything at all to do with runs, movements or quick passes round the box.

Trying to be objective and looking at todays match stats -

We had 69% possession

14 shots to Palace's 6

Only 3 on target to Palace's 0 (although they did hit the post)

That to me indicates the tactics deployed worked but the personnel didn't.

Lambert may be many things (boring, useless, inept so I keep on reading) but he isn't the one kicking the ball on the pitch, he's done that for a living and now he gets others to do it for him.

I think part of the blame lies with the players too - I know this will be countered by the fact that PL picks the players but we don't have much to choose from really. 

What is needed is serious investment by Lerner - we need better players upfront/out wide because Gabby, Weimann and N'Zogbia are not the answer and certainly not good enough.

Grealish may be in the future but I fear he is already being seen by some as a mystical messiah that will change our fortunes. (we've been here before with the Moore brothers, Delfouneso et al)

He is a young lad with bags of potential - his time will come. The fact he is getting on regularly is really positive but some are pinning their hopes on this lad way too soon.

well, it has to doesn't it?

Unfortunately, I think this is the managers thinking. Because we seem to just play the same players and don't seem to work on anything at all to do with runs, movements or quick passes round the box.

Well, you're not going to get quick passes around the box with Agbonlahor/Benteke/Weimann.  Benteke himself is completely static as well so you need people to create for him.  The problem is that Agbonlahor and Weimann are most effective running in to channels but then, playing as wide forward types, they're not creative enough to do much with the ball.

You need a change of formation and approach but Lambert just doesn't do this.  It's 4-3-3 every game unless forced to change it.  Sometimes you can say "it's worked before, it will work again" (Koeman at Southampton for example) but sometimes you need to accept something is wrong and alter the setup to see if something else works.  I guess the lack of defeats means he feels relatively safe doing the same thing.

What is needed is serious investment by Lerner - we need better players upfront/out wide because Gabby, Weimann and N'Zogbia are not the answer and certainly not good enough.

Which begs the question why give Gabby a new contract?

I think Gabby has a place at Villa, but it should be as a front 2 OR as an impact sub - the guy is a nightmare for defenders at times and he does offer us something that no other player does, 

• Like 1

I have no idea to be honest but then I again, like everyone on here I have nothing to do with how the club is run.

He won't be sacked - but needs a serious talking to. The players we have are capable of better than that tripe. Sure on a one off you get the odd duff performance - but this is week in - week out. If it takes a punt from Guzan to Benteke to get our best involved then do that .....we have pace up front - yet build up very slowly......to what benefit.

We seem to have uncovered an excellent DM in Sanchez, and Okore looks a formidable defender - why not let these guys defend ? - and leave the mid fielders to go forward....

I don't see how we can stay up scoring so few goals...

I think Gabby has a place at Villa, but it should be as a front 2 OR as an impact sub - the guy is a nightmare for defenders at times and he does offer us something that no other player does, 

Really? He is piss poor most games. In fact I struggle to recall when he had a really decent game for us. He is a shadow of the player who had so much potential at 18 or 19.

• Like 1

What I find most frustrating is the fact there is now no obvious available alternative Lambert who is surely somehow breaking the Trades Description Act by being called a 'Manager'.

Trying to be objective and looking at todays match stats -

We had 69% possession

14 shots to Palace's 6

Only 3 on target to Palace's 0 (although they did hit the post)

That to me indicates the tactics deployed worked but the personnel didn't.

Lambert may be many things (boring, useless, inept so I keep on reading) but he isn't the one kicking the ball on the pitch, he's done that for a living and now he gets others to do it for him.

I think part of the blame lies with the players too - I know this will be countered by the fact that PL picks the players but we don't have much to choose from really. 

Grealish may be in the future but I fear he is already being seen by some as a mystical messiah that will change our fortunes. (we've been here before with the Moore brothers, Delfouneso et al)

He is a young lad with bags of potential - his time will come. The fact he is getting on regularly is really positive but some are pinning their hopes on this lad way too soon.

The facts are that whilst the respective manager does not go out and kick the balls for them.....they are responsible.

They are responsible for poor performance as they take the plaudits for good performance....they create the mood, the team spirit, they are responsible for the players motivation....if they think their heads are not right they reserve the right to replace them.

If they have no options or not enough players the carry out their duties and meet their responsibilities they reserve the right to defend their position.....if they choose not to, it is to be understood they are happy with tools at their disposal

It's time now for some honest talking....the hidden agenda's should cease, before we slip into the abyss.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â