Paul Lambert

limpid

I really can't see anything less than a win today being acceptable.

It seems as long as we're not relegated anything is acceptable.
To who?

The owner and some fans.

Corrected.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

To who?
The owner and some fans.

Corrected.

Some fans aren't happy with just surviving?

To who?
The owner and some fans.

Corrected.

Some fans aren't happy with just surviving?

Yes, That is correct. Show me the fans on this forum, or anywhere, who have said they are happy just to survive.

The Sky panel are all close friends with Lambert. They all say how useless the Villa are and we don't even try in Cup games, they also rate the players Weimann, Gabby e.t.c.. But they refuse to disrespect Lambert an the job he is doing there. If they rate the players, the results can only be down to one person.

Isn't the whole argument for keeping him because we're surviving and it would be a risk to that if we changed?

No, the argument is simple. No matter how much moaning and complaining that happens on this board the fact is that the remit of the manager set forth by the owner is survival and whilst Lambert is doing that he is going nowhere. That creates two extremes, the one side who ignore the sole decision makers expectations and discuss change even though it is very unlikely to happen and the other side who know change isn't coming and try to look for the positives within the current situation even if they may at times appear slight.

All in all its a bad place to be but I personally would rather focus my energy on trying to look at the positives, as slight as they may be, rather than focussing my energy on looking at things that will not happen until Lerner leaves. Personally I would prefer to be in the camp where I actively protest for change but I think in this case it is directed at the wrong person.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

Isn't the whole argument for keeping him because we're surviving and it would be a risk to that if we changed?

You nana. Tell me how that equates to "some fans" being happy to just survive.

New year, same old.

How does it not? The argument has been no one could do better and we're surviving on a budget. If people expect more than just surviving they have a funny way of showing it considering we've made absolute no progress with results 2 years on.

No, the argument is simple. No matter how much moaning and complaining that happens on this board the fact is that the remit of the manager set forth by the owner is survival and whilst Lambert is doing that he is going nowhere. That creates two extremes, the one side who ignore the sole decision makers expectations and discuss change even though it is very unlikely to happen and the other side who know change isn't coming and try to look for the positives within the current situation even if they may at times appear slight.

All in all its a bad place to be but I personally would rather focus my energy on trying to look at the positives, as slight as they may be, rather than focussing my energy on looking at things that will not happen until Lerner leaves. Personally I would prefer to be in the camp where I actively protest for change but I think in this case it is directed at the wrong person.

So you expect more but you're gonna have a go and argue with people who voice that opinion rather than surpress it and look for positives. Seems strange.

Aren't we one the same page then? You want better and I want better.

None of us like where we are as a football club at the moment. But just because some people realize that it won't change any time soon unless we have a change of ownership and choose not to partake in the exercise in futility and pointlessness that is calling for a change in manager, doesn't mean they're happy with where we are or just surviving.

• Like 4

So you expect more but you're gonna have a go and argue with people who voice that opinion rather than surpress it and look for positives. Seems strange.

Jonah, you are way too defensive. If I disagree with you then i'm going to voice it. You post a lot which is great but you have to accept that people have differing opinions. I have never argued intentionally with people for voicing their opinion of wanting better, as you said I want that as well, but like others on this forum I will challenge things I disagree with.

None of us like where we are as a football club at the moment. But just because some people realize that it won't change any time soon unless we have a change of ownership and choose not to partake in the exercise in futility and pointlessness that is calling for a change in manager, doesn't mean they're happy with where we are or just surviving.

I fully get that but then why consistently defend the manager and argue against those who do?

You nana. Tell me how that equates to "some fans" being happy to just survive.

New year, same old.

How does it not? The argument has been no one could do better and we're surviving on a budget. If people expect more than just surviving they have a funny way of showing it considering we've made absolute no progress with results 2 years on.

You understand the difference between what somebody wants and what they expect, don't you? I know you do, you're not a fool. So don't act it.

Jonah, you are way too defensive. If I disagree with you then i'm going to voice it. You post a lot which is great but you have to accept that people have differing opinions. I have never argued intentionally with people for voicing their opinion of wanting better, as you said I want that as well, but like others on this forum I will challenge things I disagree with.

Yeah of course, I have no problem with people disagreeing with me but now it doesn't seem like you do disagree with me on this.

Exactly.

Unfortunately it seems some are incapable of recognising the middle ground.

• Like 1

Yeah of course, I have no problem with people disagreeing with me but now it doesn't seem like you do disagree with me on this.

Like I said I think you can assume every single Villa fan wants better for this club, they just see it coming in different ways and that is where the disagreement will always be. I try to bare that in mind whenever I reply to people but in the heat of discussion it is easy to forget we are all on the same side.

Exactly.

If we're all on the same page then I'm surprised there's so many disagreements regarding the manager Edited by DCJonah

Exactly.

If we're all on the same page then I'm surprised there's so many disagreements regarding the manager

Why wouldn't there be disagreements regarding the manager?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â