Paul Lambert

limpid

And replaced a poor manager.

Let's hope for both this summer.

Ah yes, replaced with a good one, who showed just how good he was when there was less money at Sunderland, right?

No he didn't do a very good job at Sunderland. How did he do at Leicester with not much money?

Ah yes, replaced with a good one, who showed just how good he was when there was less money at Sunderland, right?
No he didn't do a very good job at Sunderland. How did he do at Leicester with not much money?

How long ago was that?

Even by your standards, that's an awful comparison :(

Edit:  For the most part, I actually think the board is in agreement r.e: Lambert (aside from the extreme views, of which there aren't too many).  The difference is just in whether or not we'd be any better off if we sacked him/if it would be worth it.

Edited by bobzy

Be interesting to see any improvement if Pulis gets the West Brom job. If they finish above us this season I think it'll prove the doubters wrong that a change is worth the risk. Obviously all speculation at the moment I realise.

Nothing to do with finishing above us - you're missing the point completely.  If West Brom go on a winning streak and finish top 10, though, then you could certainly say the risk was worth it.

• Like 1

Nobody is saying there won't be any improvement with a new manager, but rather that any improvement would only make us marginally better in the grand scheme of things. Under Lerner, I think the best we can hope for is probably sneaking into the top 10 (which certainly isn't completely impossible with Lambert). Unless we're at risk of relegation (which Crystal Palace and West Brom do to be fair), why should we sack him? So the question many are posing, in a roundabout way is that is it really worth risking relegation with a new manager just to be slightly higher up in midtable? 

• Like 4

So the question many are posing, in a roundabout way is that is it really worth risking relegation with a new manager just to be slightly higher up in midtable?

We lose half the games we play and we don't score goals.

I'd happily take the slight risk of relegation for a chance to enjoy watching my team more.

Nobody is saying there won't be any improvement with a new manager, but rather that any improvement would only make us marginally better in the grand scheme of things. Under Lerner, I think the best we can hope for is probably sneaking into the top 10 (which certainly isn't completely impossible with Lambert). Unless we're at risk of relegation (which Crystal Palace and West Brom do to be fair), why should we sack him? So the question many are posing, in a roundabout way is that is it really worth risking relegation with a new manager just to be slightly higher up in midtable? 

No one is saying risk another manager for a slightly higher position.

Personnaly for me I would like a manager who could install a little consistancy in the squad and all round good play. Instead of a good defence, then possession football then the goals then,,,,,,,?? Also we need a new philosophy directed around coaching, as I think almost everyone agrees there is a coaching issue within the club.

Most of you guys are right in saying we will never be a top 6 club. But what we could be with the squad we have, is a consistant midtable club, who when we go to VP we don't have to poo our pants against lower league clubs and bottom of the table poor sides. We want to know when we go to a game 90% of the time we are gonna get a good entertaining performance, something Lambert has struggled with since coming here.

So the question many are posing, in a roundabout way is that is it really worth risking relegation with a new manager just to be slightly higher up in midtable?

I'd happily take the slight risk of relegation for a chance to enjoy watching my team more.

All conjecture. Who knows what the risk would.

Edited by sexbelowsound

You can be entertained but still be relegated or close to it (12/13 was a very entertaining season while also being a terrible one in which we were almost relegated). Not to mention entertainment is subjective. It's a results business, and calling for a manager change because the current manager (who is plodding along unspectacularly in lower midtable) is not entertaining you, or managing the team in exactly the way you want him to (coaching philosophy what?), is a bit frivolous and an exercise in futility I think.

• Like 1

You can be entertained but still be relegated or close to it (12/13 was a very entertaining season while also being a terrible one in which we were almost relegated). Not to mention entertainment is subjective. It's a results business, and calling for a manager change because the current manager (who is plodding along unspectacularly in lower midtable) is not entertaining you, or managing the team in exactly the way you want him to (coaching philosophy what?), is a bit frivolous and an exercise in futility I think.

It's fair enough.  If you watch football to be entertained then it's a good enough reason to want to see the back of the current manager... however, if you watch football to be entertained, you should know not to be an Aston Villa fan :D

• Like 1

It's fair enough.  If you watch football to be entertained then it's a good enough reason to want to see the back of the current manager... however, if you watch football to be entertained, you should know not to be an Aston Villa fan :D

Pretty much :D . I mean, you can want him gone but I can tell you for damn sure Randy Lerner doesn't care about how much you're being entertained. He sees the results on the pitch and the accounts and he's more than happy as evidenced by the new contract.

• Like 1

Of course - and obviously it's different being a fan to being an owner.

For me, that's the reason I wouldn't be too fussed if Lambert went - our football just isn't appealing.  He's had 2 and a half years here to develop something; fair enough, he hasn't been backed as much as he should've been, but the football is pretty poor to watch.  Outside of that, I can't really see why he should be sacked.  He's getting decent enough results and keeping us in the league on a tight budget, which suits Lerner.  Such a feeling of "meh".

• Like 1

Pretty much :D . I mean, you can want him gone but I can tell you for damn sure Randy Lerner doesn't care about how much you're being entertained. He sees the results on the pitch and the accounts and he's more than happy as evidenced by the new contract.

Fixed a little.  :)

Well that's life.

What we do know is that we lose 50% of the time, break club record lows and only one team in the top flight of Europe have scored less than us.

I'd be surprised if it got worse.

But isn't it a bit of a cowardly approach.  We know it's shit but lets stick with it in case it's worse. 

• Like 1

It is a results business and ours are awful.  They're good enough for an owner who doesn't want to be here.  But why would you be happy with that? 

I've been very entertained on many occassions following this club.  The last 5 years have seen those moments rarely happen but it would be nice to think they could happen again at some point.

• Like 2

Well that's life.

What we do know is that we lose 50% of the time, break club record lows and only one team in the top flight of Europe have scored less than us.

But isn't it a bit of a cowardly approach.  We know it's shit but lets stick with it in case it's worse. 

Cowardly? I would consider it cowardly to sack the manager and replace him just because his style of football doesn't quite meet your expectations.

Well that's life.

We don't want to do a Leeds. ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â