Paul Lambert

limpid

Then why didn't we just stick with mcleish? He survived. Why wasn't anyone arguing for him to stay as manager if that's all we expect now?

Why do you answer questions with questions? 

Also, I didn't say thats all we expect, I was referring to the owner.

R.e McLeish, Bobzy already answered that.

Edited by blandy

You are right, sacking him and replacing him with someone equally as qualified (I am hoping you meant equally as competent) wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. We don't need someone the same as Lambert we need someone better. I think you will find that is what many are asking for.

And who is the mystery manager that can do that? We want to change manager on the whim we may finish 10th instead of 14th? It's always 'sack the terrible manager', and never 'replace the decent manager with this slightly better, realistically available, proven and willing manager'

Name names, and not Tony **** Pulis

Edited by blandy

Is our current squad better than the one he had during his first year? I'm sure even you can't disagree with that. So no progress at all is not down to lack of funds. We have a better squad yet are performing at the same level.

Just noticed this too. Would you agree or disagree that other clubs in the Premier League have improved?

Of course and some have gone backwards. Yet we're standing still with better players.

You say you wouldn't be bothered if Lambert was sacked. You say you're not a 'Lambert defender' yet you pretty much argue against any point made against him.

If you don't think he's some great manager that's going to take us places why would you want to continue to watch what he produces? Are you that afraid of relegation?

Then why didn't we just stick with mcleish? He survived. Why wasn't anyone arguing for him to stay as manager if that's all we expect now?

Why do you answer questions with questions?

Also, I didn't say thats all we expect, I was referring to the owner.

R.e McLeish, Bobzy already answered that.

And yet you're happy to go along with the owner, who you say is the main issue. That doesn't make much sense.

You are right, sacking him and replacing him with someone equally as qualified (I am hoping you meant equally as competent) wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. We don't need someone the same as Lambert we need someone better. I think you will find that is what many are asking for.

And who is the mystery manager that can do that? We want to change manager on the whim we may finish 10th instead of 14th? It's always 'sack the terrible manager', and never 'replace the decent manager with this slightly better, realistically available, proven and willing manager'

Name names, and not Tony **** Pulis

Thomas Tuchel would be my top target

And yet you're happy to go along with the owner, who you say is the main issue. That doesn't make much sense.

How am I happy to go along with the owner?? I think don't Lambert is only interested in survival if thats what you are hinting at. Don't try and twist things. 

Also you still didn't bother to answer the question. Again, Do you honestly trust Randolph and his new yes-man to pick a better manager?

Edited by sexbelowsound

Is our current squad better than the one he had during his first year? I'm sure even you can't disagree with that. So no progress at all is not down to lack of funds. We have a better squad yet are performing at the same level.

Just noticed this too. Would you agree or disagree that other clubs in the Premier League have improved?

Of course and some have gone backwards. Yet we're standing still with better players.

You say you wouldn't be bothered if Lambert was sacked. You say you're not a 'Lambert defender' yet you pretty much argue against any point made against him.

If you don't think he's some great manager that's going to take us places why would you want to continue to watch what he produces? Are you that afraid of relegation?

Our players are better but we've comparatively stayed still.  I don't understand how this is a hard concept for you.  West Ham have improved, Southampton have improved, Swansea have improved etc. etc.  Squads are improving, ours is the same.  Does this mean we should suddenly be a top 8 club?  No.

I don't pretty much argue against any point made against Lambert - but I do when they're ludicrous.  Things such as "it's our managers fault that players can't kick a ball on target" or "it's our managers' fault that we have people sent off" or "injuries are just an excuse, they aren't a reason as to why we're not doing better" or "investing in the team doesn't matter, we should just do better".  It's garbage.

Lambert has failings in terms of his stubbornness with the same formation/same players starting games.  He has failings in terms of not achieving as much as he possibly could and not implementing the correct setup/adapting to the correct setup in every single game.  Even given this, he's doing an OK job.  We're 13th in the Premier League and don't look like getting relegated.  Where else do you expect us to be?  10th?  If so, is it worth taking the risk in a managerial change?  6th?  No chance.  I'm not fussed if he gets replaced because I think someone else could do as he is doing - a decent job with the resources he has available.  Equally, though, I think someone could come in and do a worse job.  No-one knows this squad better than Lambert.  Therefore, am I pushing for him to be sacked on the basis of not really failing? No.  In my mind, that's stupid.

And yes, I'm definitely afraid of being relegated for the effect it would have on the club.  Thankfully, we seem to now be operating on a more stable footing, but it would still be terrible.  You're not afraid of this?!

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 4

I'm afraid of what relegation would do, I don't want it to happen but at the same time I'm sick of watching what's been served up for the majority of his time here. I'm not too worried about relegation, I think our squad is good enough to stay up.

Other squads are improving and so has ours but we are averaging the exact points per game as he managed throughout his first season here so you can't just say its lack of funds. He's unable to get his team performing better after 2 and a half years in charge. He's shown nothing to suggest that he's capable of doing it in the future.

Edited by DCJonah

How am I happy to go along with the owner?? I think don't Lambert is only interested in survival if thats what you are hinting at. Don't try and twist things.

Also you still didn't bother to answer the question. Again, Do you honestly trust Randolph and his new yes-man to pick a better manager?

Lerner is happy to just survive and you're happy to stick with Lambert while he just survives.

Do I trust Lerner? No not really he's been an awful owner for us. But I'm prepared to gamble on the chance I might actually see some sort of improvement.

This is going to be our 4th year in a row finishing bottom half of the table. If we continue to just accept survival it will continue to make long term improvement difficult and as has been shown, eventually you will go down.

Also you still didn't bother to answer the question. Again, Do you honestly trust Randolph and his new yes-man to pick a better manager?

Lerner is happy to just survive and you're happy to stick with Lambert while he just survives.

Do I trust Lerner? No not really he's been an awful owner for us. But I'm prepared to gamble on the chance I might actually see some sort of improvement.

This is going to be our 4th year in a row finishing bottom half of the table. If we continue to just accept survival it will continue to make long term improvement difficult and as has been shown, eventually you will go down.

No no, I'm not happy to go along with Lerner as well you know. You also know that whilst I think Lambert is flawed in many areas I also think he is capable of better, ergo, I'm not going along with Lerner's idea of what Villa should be.

You knew that already though.

Also, bottom half of the table doesn't equal just accepting survival.

Disagree. When it keeps happening over and over then that's exactly what it is. And premiership history has shown that the vast majority of teams who regularly finish bottom half end up relegated. It took Coventry 8 consecutive years but most others 5/6 consecutive bottom half finishes led to relegation. We're getting close to that point and without a change in manager or owner I don't see us being the club to be different.

Edited by DCJonah

This is going to be our 4th year in a row finishing bottom half of the table

While you're at it, EuroMillions winning numbers for Friday please?

Disagree. When it keeps happening over and over then that's exactly what it is. And premiership history has shown that the vast majority of teams who regularly finish bottom half end up relegated. It took Coventry 8 consecutive years but most others 5/6 consecutive bottom half finishes led to relegation. We're getting close to that point and without a change in manager or owner I don't see us being the club to be different.

Of course it makes it more likely by virtue of the fact that that is where you are finishing consistently but it doesn't equal accepting survival. A team could finish 15th, 13th, 11th, 9th, 11th, 12th etc and they wouldn't be just accepting survival. Unfortunately what they would just be accepting is the no mans land that has been created by the Premier League, and in many ways that is just as bad.

It's not looking great for us at the moment in many areas.

Sorry. Its looking very likely that this will be our 4th year in a row finishing in the bottom half.

Better?

Sorry. Its looking very likely that this will be our 4th year in a row finishing in the bottom half.

Better?

Much thank you

Edited by StefanAVFC

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â