Paul Lambert

limpid

So you've done that for the whole league for the last 3 years? Let's see the figures then.

Yes, the current premier league teams since Lambo came - figures provided earlier in this thread (in the last week) a number of times should you want to search for them!

So you've done that for the whole league for the last 3 years? Let's see the figures then.

Yes, the current premier league teams since Lambo came - figures provided earlier in this thread (in the last week) a number of times should you want to search for them!

Oh yeah because I'm going to look through a weeks posts to find them.

He has taken it from here I suspect. http://transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

Either way. Still an utterly pointless way of Lambert bashing. 

So, the last FIVE seasons, then :)

Some of us are able to add 3 seasons together - hence why I said from when Lambert took over. :D

Okay, then add them up for us to see, quoting sources, and IF we come out 11th in the spending I'll issue a grovelling apology.

I've added them up.

The source has been quoted.

Why would we come out 11th in the net spend when we've outspent 11 teams? That would mean there are 8 we haven't outspent!

Ditto!

He has taken it from here I suspect. http://transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

Either way. Still an utterly pointless way of Lambert bashing. 

So, the last FIVE seasons, then :)

Some of us are able to add 3 seasons together - hence why I said from when Lambert took over. :D

Okay, then add them up for us to see, quoting sources, and IF we come out 11th in the spending I'll issue a grovelling apology.

I've added them up.

The source has been quoted.

Why would we come out 11th in the net spend when we've outspent 11 teams? That would mean there are 8 we haven't outspent!

Ditto!

Ok, given you claim you added them up and posted them I'll take a look at your posts and see if they are there.

These were his (Brumstopdogs) figures. 

They were posted in a response to me questioning the claim, so I only had to look at my recent posts. 

over the last 5 windows apparently, I was surprised. 

1) Burnley: -£2.3m

2 ) Palace: £18.5m

3) Leicester: £14.2m

4) Newcastle: £19.4m

5) Southampton: £33.8m

6) Stoke: £23.5m

7) Sunderland: £37.6m

8) Swansea: £11.7m

9) Spurs: -£3.4m

10) West Brom: £15.4m

11) Everton: £18.2m

They were posted in a response to me questioning the claim, so I only had to look at my recent posts. 

Five seasons, or five windows?

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Thanks, appreciated.

So you got a source for these figures Brum?

Oh and its a bit of a stretch including 2 newly promoted sides :)

Well in my opinion the football we play while not being great is world's away from the shite McLeish dished up and McLeish inherited a far better squad and spent more money on individual players.

This is a key comparison to look at between those who think Lambert is worth giving more time and those who think him staying here is holding us back.

For me, the instructions (or more likely, lack of instructions) and the directions he gives the team are far too similar to what McLeish had here. Others obviously feel different.

There is no plan and no leadership coming from the bench any time soon and we are vile to watch.

• Like 1

Five seasons, not five windows.

Well those were the figures he gave me when I questioned how 11 teams could have a lower net spend over the 5 windows since Lambert arrived. 

Ohhhhhh

I always wondered what 'Brum Stop Dogs' meant. Then I wondered who CrackpotForeigner was referring to with BTD.

Now it's clear.

I'm considering donating to the site so I can change my username to Brumstopbrumstopdogs.

Wait, If I donate does that mean I can change this stupid name I chose???? **** me!

• Like 1

Thanks, appreciated.

So you got a source for these figures Brum?

Oh and its a bit of a stretch including 2 newly promoted sides :)

Transferleague.co.uk

2 newly promoted sides who we should finish above if we spent a lot more than some might say :)

Ohhhhhh

I always wondered what 'Brum Stop Dogs' meant. Then I wondered who CrackpotForeigner was referring to with BTD.

Now it's clear.

I'm considering donating to the site so I can change my username to Brumstopbrumstopdogs.

Wait, If I donate does that mean I can change this stupid name I chose???? **** me!

If you do, please keep your avvy, and maybe change your location to FKA sbs :)

Ohhhhhh

Now it's clear.

If you do, please keep your avvy, and maybe change your location to FKA sbs :)

I'll change it to "The tit that chooses stupid names".....

Maybe I'll keep it and donate anyway. 

Anyway. Lets get this back on track. Net spend is stupid!  :detect: 

• Like 1

Well, we'll find out in the next 22 games whether having tactics everyone likes is more important than having your best player fit and scoring goals.

Not sure those 2 things are mutually exclusive to each other.

For me it's more having a tactic that helps Benteke and the others create chances and score goals without falling appart defensively.

Im sure everyone will like that

Yep, my point was mainly that I don't believe the importance of tactics is all it's cracked up to be. I think having Benteke back (and may he remain "back" for a long time) will persuade a lot of people that somehow the tactics have improved, when actually it's the quality of the players on the pitch that's improved.

Yeah because those that don't like how we play are simple misguided folk.

Â