Paul Lambert

limpid

Let the over reactions commence.....

Last time we won I had just finished my summer holiday.. and now it's nearly time to be digging out the Christmas decorations.

Not sure why you think these are over reactions.

Context, dear boy, context. 

• Like 1

Blaming Lambert for a penalty? That makes no sense.

After Ings scored, the momentum switched and the team started playing more defensively to compensate. Prior to the penalty, we were not bunkering in the slightest. We actually looked the team more likely to score.

Who has explicitly said its Paul Lambert's fault Okore gave away a penalty? Apart from those putting words into others mouths.

5th choice centre back plays due to injury and gives away one of the stupidest penos you'll see and threw the game away for us all on his own.  Quick get those brains working as to how Lambert can be blamed for that, I'm sure there is some pathetic spin that will be put on it to find a way of blaming the manger....

If the manager is not culpable for what happens on a football pitch why does any manager ever get the sack? Infact, what's the point in having a manager?

How can you make a manager accountable for a player who gives away a penalty? That is one of the most ridiculous opinions I've ever heard. 

Blaming Lambert for a penalty? That makes no sense.

After Ings scored, the momentum switched and the team started playing more defensively to compensate. Prior to the penalty, we were not bunkering in the slightest. We actually looked the team more likely to score.

Who has explicitly said its Paul Lambert's fault Okore gave away a penalty? Apart from those putting words into others mouths.

A few posts above you. 

5th choice centre back plays due to injury and gives away one of the stupidest penos you'll see and threw the game away for us all on his own. Quick get those brains working as to how Lambert can be blamed for that, I'm sure there is some pathetic spin that will be put on it to find a way of blaming the manger....

If the manager is not culpable for what happens on a football pitch why does any manager ever get the sack? Infact, what's the point in having a manager?

How can you make a manager accountable for a player who gives away a penalty? That is one of the most ridiculous opinions I've ever heard.

If we'd won would you give Lambert credit?

Last time we won I had just finished my summer holiday.. and now it's nearly time to be digging out the Christmas decorations.

Indeed, there's always an excuse to be made for failure, it's the low rank mentality of a handful of fans on here. I'm sure, if we end up getting relegated this season, there will be people like you pointing out the 'context'.

• Like 2

5th choice centre back plays due to injury and gives away one of the stupidest penos you'll see and threw the game away for us all on his own.  Quick get those brains working as to how Lambert can be blamed for that, I'm sure there is some pathetic spin that will be put on it to find a way of blaming the manger....

Because every season we have a crisis at Centre Back - Vlaar, Baker are always picking up injuries - he didn't sufficient plug the hole.......for the 3rd season running 

We have 5 CBs who are good enough. 

Indeed, there's always an excuse to be made for failure, it's the low rank mentality of a handful of fans on here. I'm sure, if we end up getting relegated this season, there will be people like you pointing out the 'context'.

Sorry, you're right - we should just ignore what happens on the pitch. EVERYONEOUT

Good performance first half, not as good second.

The run we are on is not good enough.

Maybe if we had tried to play (like we did first half today) for the past few games, we'd have the confidence to move on. Or at least cause more problems for the teams we played to build our confidence.

The fact is, today proved that these players can play football and missing Benteke, Vlaar and Delph is no excuse for the shit that has been served up. After all, we have played the same way, negatively, even with those players in the team.

Imagine what they could do if we had a manager who believed in them?

Edited by DK82

At the end of the day it's a results business, people were quick to point this out at the start of the season when we were getting points but not playing very well. The same is true now draws are no we need three points especially against relegation rivals.

• Like 1

At the end of the day it's a results business, people were quick to point this out at the start of the season when we were getting points but not playing very well. The same is true now draws are no we need three points especially against relegation rivals.

Yeah, that start hasn't been rubbed in our faces for a while. Odd.

5th choice centre back plays due to injury and gives away one of the stupidest penos you'll see and threw the game away for us all on his own. Quick get those brains working as to how Lambert can be blamed for that, I'm sure there is some pathetic spin that will be put on it to find a way of blaming the manger....

If we'd won would you give Lambert credit?

So we should gloss over the fact that a side Paul Lambert has put together has to hang on for grim life against one of the worst sides to ever grace the premier league, and instead hammer a player individual mistake?

If we had a half decent manager, one mistake against a team like Burnley shouldn't matter.

The thing is, again, you can say we were unlucky, that we deserved more from the game, that Lambert wouldn't have expected his defender to make such a challenge etc. but the net result is that we have now not won for 9 (nine) games. That is horrendous from which angle you look at it.

Where is a win going to come from? There has to be a point where you can't just keep putting down ever repeating scenarios down to bad luck. We are a poor team with a poor manager.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â