Paul Lambert

limpid

Agree that overall his transfers have been decent, don't have a problem with this area of his expertise at all.

It does seem to me though that some will say he's bought really well and found some gems but then also compare our squads to others by using the money spent as a measure of the players ability which seems very contradictory. But if it is largely agreed he's bought well and got value for money then it's got to be the management of the players that's the problem, which is my main issue with him.

• Like 1

It does seem to me though that some will say he's bought really well and found some gems but then also compare our squads to others by using the money spent as a measure of the players ability which seems very contradictory.

Good point.

Also why I don't think you can just look at money spent as an excuse.

soldado for £30 million and benteke for £7 million. Who got the better player?

Yes money and wages will play a big part but I don't think its something that can excuse everything. There's lots of factors that need to be looked at.

He looks jaded. The football we play is jaded. Where did the attacking style Norwich played, or we played for about half a season, go?

Yes, we no longer get battered 8-0, but we've gone so far in the other direction that we've become yet another dull, reactive football team.

I can't stand watching us now. I'd rather listen to The Archers.

• Like 2

I don't think his buying has been good enough in building a properly balanced midfield and our attack is too reliant on one man who we expect will leave shortly. Also, although the defence is looking OK now, it has taken 3 seasons and quite a few false starts to get there.

Agree that overall his transfers have been decent, don't have a problem with this area of his expertise at all.

It does seem to me though that some will say he's bought really well and found some gems but then also compare our squads to others by using the money spent as a measure of the players ability which seems very contradictory. But if it is largely agreed he's bought well and got value for money then it's got to be the management of the players that's the problem, which is my main issue with him.

I'd say that the problem is that he's got to the point where the areas that need improving are the ones that cost serious money: AM's and maybe wingers.

• Like 1

I'd say that the problem is that he's got to the point where the areas that need improving are the ones that cost serious money: AM's and maybe wingers.

Yep.

It's ok people saying the squad should be better balanced and we should have more attacking talent, but despite The fact he's had a bit more than I thought, £9.2m per window is not going to buy you an array of quality forwards and attacking midfielders.

Yep.

It's ok people saying the squad should be better balanced and we should have more attacking talent, but despite The fact he's had a bit more than I thought, £9.2m per window is not going to buy you an array of quality forwards and attacking midfielders.

maybe we don't need an array ....just a bit more than one or two being right.

Yep.

maybe we don't need an array ....just a bit more than one or two being right.

Totally agree. And in fairness the two attackers he has paid anything like decent money for have looked pretty good.

Same point remains though, £9.2m doesn't buy you much and it buys even less at the top end of the pitch.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â