Paul Lambert

limpid

I hope Lambert is sacked regardless of the result vs Burnley to be honest.

Lerner must be fed up after supporting the manager with £46m since he's been here (more than 11 teams in the league) and what we have to show for it as a dire, defensive, boring team.

The excuses have ran out for Lambert - today with Keane leaving is just one in a long line of bad decisions Lambert has made.

Is that bit about the money true?

Are you saying he has had £46 million to spend (net?) since he's been here? That spread out over the 5 windows so far, is £9.2m per window. And your saying that's more than 11 teams in the league over the same period?

Yes £46m net since he has been here. Just happens to be considerably more than the following teams across the same period:

1) Burnley: -£2.3m

2 ) Palace: £18.5m

3) Leicester: £14.2m

4) Newcastle: £19.4m

5) Southampton: £33.8m

6) Stoke: £23.5m

7) Sunderland: £37.6m

8) Swansea: £11.7m

9) Spurs: -£3.4m

10) West Brom: £15.4m

11) Everton: £18.2m

Yes, he has been working under wage restrictions (as a number of other teams have been) but on transfers on a net basis only 8 teams in the current premier league have spent more.

What a shambles he has made of it.

its worth remembering the players he inherited as well, he arguably started from a stronger position in terms of squad strength than many of those teams.

and looking at those he inherited, gabby, weimann, delph, guzan and hutton are still 1st team regulars. nzogbia gets used a lot, as have baker and clark. so 46 mil spent and half the 1st choice XI is still made up of players already here when he arrived.

even many of the backup/squad players regularly used he inherited. meanwhile players he bought such as tonev, el ahmedi, bennett, luna, sylla etc have quickly been sent on their way as they are not good enough. hes wasted money on players no better or even worse than were already here.

i don't think anyone is expecting top 6, even top half with the money available. but i think on the budget hes had we should be doing better than the terrible performances we have seen over the last few seasons, and not breaking the amount of bad records we have been.

he could easily have invested smarter - more of the vlaars, bentekes and less of the tonevs, then use the players currently at the club as the fillers.

• Like 4

Is it a coincidence that payers such as, Albrighton, Bent, Nzog, Cleverley, Bertrand and the likes were half decent footballers before they spent a year or so at The Paul Lambert School of Footballing Excellence?

Have we stayed in the premier league in spite of Paul Lambert rather than because of him?

That really is immaterial to Lerner. We have stayed in the league under Lambert 2 years, why take the risk in finding out if thats the case.

Also imo, if OGS had taken over Villa as he was first option, id be pretty sure we would have went down in his first season.

• Like 1

Let's see how we go against Burnley. A loss there and the away fans will be doing Randy's job and put pressure on the manager. He has been very fortunate with his dismal record to not have pressure from the club nor the media and even the fans this season.

Is it a coincidence that payers such as, Albrighton, Bent, Nzog, Cleverley, Bertrand and the likes were half decent footballers before they spent a year or so at The Paul Lambert School of Footballing Excellence?

I think his time is up but not sure I agree with your assessments here....none of those players were particularly wanted, at here,united, or Chelsea respectively.

In fact for a while he did a pretty good job bringing players on.

Have to agree he has presided over the total removal of flair and ball skills in the last year though, regardless of player.

Spot on it seems any player with ability has gone backwards playing for this idiot oh bar hutton hrs been fantastic

Nobody on this board can say for sure we would have gone down under OGS.Back it up with stats not conjecture.

Cardiff.

That doesn't really prove it. He came in during the season when they'd already struggled. I'm not sure OSG would have done well here but i'm not sure he'd have taken us down.

Nobody on this board can say for sure we would have gone down under OGS.Back it up with stats not conjecture.

Cardiff.

That doesn't really prove it. He came in during the season when they'd already struggled. I'm not sure OSG would have done well here but i'm not sure he'd have taken us down.

Ofcourse he would have taken us down, haven't you been reading Lambert is the only manager who can keep us up. Anyone else will take us down, An thats why we should keep him for ever an ever!!! :)

• Like 1

OGS managed Cardiff for 30 games and got 9 wins.

In Paul Lambert's last 30 games we have managed 7 wins.

Ouch.

Lerner must be laughing his cock off

EDIT even more now I have read below

However,  I do not expect him to sack Paul.  I believe Paul is here at least for the remainder of the season and possibly longer.  For a start why sack him when the ownership is still not resolved one way or another. Secondly why spend 8 or 9M sacking and recruiting when he is averse to spending any money (I was told last night it would be nearer 12M by the way but hey ho). Thirdly i just dont think he will sack him anyway.

The reason why you would sack him is very simple. Even if it cost £12m which I very much doubt (I heard somewhere that he would get 12 months money) that is much much cheaper than relegation. If Lerner still wants to sell the club and we are relegated it would cost him circa £100m (£150m say to say £50m in value) so its cheap in the medium term. Its not ownership that matters its the value of the asset and if Lerner wants out ultimately that is all that now matters to him. His loyalty to Lambert is in some ways commendable in the fickle world of football but money in those quantities ultimately talks.

I don't honestly understand your unswerving support for Paul Lambert. Based on what you have said in many posts you clearly have an inside track and maybe even know him or count Paul Lambert as a friend but the facts really do speak for themselves. My support for Lambert up to around a year ago was unquestioned but my opinion have changed based on a combination of our results, the manner in which we play football and the way he tactically manages each game. Yes we can blame individual players but ultimately the buck stops with the manager and he has been found wanting in virtually every department. I could list his failings but frankly its been done so many times on this thread.

The table does not lie. For the last two seasons we have struggled and we are and will again this season. You would hope that a manager progressively improves things and the club and the fans could buy into some sort of vision or plan but at best we are stagnating and more fairly we are going backwards.

I don't particularly have a problem with the players he has bought in, unlike many fans. Some signings have been great, some have been average, some have had their confidence destroyed by the vitriol of the fans and some have just been plain bad. Ultimately this is Paul Lambert's team, his players and his vision. His role at minimum is to get battling workmanlike performances from them and build from that. What we see is confused disorganised performances with little tactical nous and no Plan B or any ability to change a game. The list of managers who have outsmarted him grows game by game.

I know you don't buy the statistics that have been quoted on this thread and have adopted the stance that its all about points on the board. I agree in part but all those statistics are symptomatic of the performance and will ultimately correlate with our league position.

I actually feel quite sorry for Lambert. He clearly is a proud man trying to do his job to the best of his ability and his commitment is admirable. Ultimately though he is out his depth. He does not have the tactical sense or creativity to change games and doubt he inspires the players nor seemingly does he command the respect of the players (my opinions obviously not supported by any ITK in respect of the last two points).

He will be sacked for all the reasons I have stated but ultimately this is all about money and Lerner simply cannot afford to see the club relegated. My guess he will be gone by Christmas as I just cannot see where our next win is going to come from and I very much doubt he can either.

You opinion is yours and I have no problem with that and I am categorically not saying (I hope!) anything personal or in any way abusive or insulting. I don't profess to understand your unswerving loyalty for a moment but this an internet forum and we all have the right to our own opinions.

Great post, Over to you Richard!

Ouch.

That hardly tells the whole story though.

Of those 30 games for OGS nearly a third were after relegation to the Championship (nine to be precise) and included four of the nine wins. "Manager finds it easier to win games in a lower division" isn't a major shock.

• Like 1

Ouch.

Perfect example how you can use stats to prove anything without telling the story behind them.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â