Paul Lambert

limpid

I don't buy this injuries stuff. I think we'd churn out the same poor performances with a full strength side. Stoke at home last year springs to mind, fairly sure we were near full strength then (well we certainly had Benteke).

I don't buy this injuries stuff. I think we'd churn out the same poor performances with a full strength side. Stoke at home last year springs to mind, fairly sure we were near full strength then (well we certainly had Benteke).

Nobody's saying that we'd always play fine with a fully fit side, but it's pretty hard to deny that they have an effect. It doesn't excuse anything of course, but Lambert really has had shitty injury luck. To be honest, we've been having shit injury luck since O'Neill left.

Secondly why spend 8 or 9M sacking and recruiting when he is averse to spending any money (I was told last night it would be nearer 12M by the way but hey ho)

If we've put something in place that means it costs £12 million to sack Lambert then we are utter idiots.

I don't believe it because surely that would put off potential buyers for the club.

10806466_969820216378870_457575575751154

Is this real? Are we really taht bad :o I knew we were bad, but not that bad

Afraid we are.

You can also add 20th for possession and 20th for passes made per game.

I hope Lambert is sacked regardless of the result vs Burnley to be honest.

Lerner must be fed up after supporting the manager with £46m since he's been here (more than 11 teams in the league) and what we have to show for it as a dire, defensive, boring team.

The excuses have ran out for Lambert - today with Keane leaving is just one in a long line of bad decisions Lambert has made.

Is that bit about the money true?

Are you saying he has had £46 million to spend (net?) since he's been here? That spread out over the 5 windows so far, is £9.2m per window. And your saying that's more than 11 teams in the league over the same period?

Christ now the performance against Spurs was now superb, talk about some people having an agenda.

This comment sums up the problem with this thread. Take the comment about how we were playing superb against Spurs prior to the sending off. Realise that statement doesn't fit your biased view. So change the statement to be the whole 2-1 loss against Spurs as being described as superb, boom nobody cares if anyone actually said it. People believe someone said it because you attributed it to someone as their "agenda".

Sometimes I'm amazed at the things people post. But really, a football forum is by and large the last place for anything sensible or reasoned to be posted. The idea of debate is utterly impossible.

It was me who originally expressed disbelief at your comment about us being superb ....and even if you thought we were superb for two minutes I stand by all I said.

You have referred to it more than once in patronising,derogatory and, frankly,misleading terms..and you are now doing the same with so done else.

I am not part of a mob, I don't have an agenda. For about 90 odd games I have been pro Lambert, if its OK with you I have had enough I think his position here is farcical and I am utterly baffled why people still want him, but fair enough.

What I didn't like was the rewriting of history ...the spurs game. That's all. Nothing whatsoever to do with twisting anything.

I have actually read very very little indeed on this thread that does not constitute a debate.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 3

16th in the league though

I'm not defending lambert but I'm bored to death of what are actually pretty meaningless stats being rolled out by all and sundry

I don't think they're meaningless, they show why we've picked up 2 points in 8 games. It also shows the same issues we had last year and shows the lack of progress.

• Like 3

I'm not defending lambert but I'm bored to death of what are actually pretty meaningless stats being rolled out by all and sundry

You really think those stats, as a whole, are meaningless?

They have no relevance at all ?

I don't like it when people look at one game and complain not enough shots or possession...but after this many games, so many '20ths' ? I don't see how you can say they are without any meaning.

We'd surely all give anything to be first in all those categories....you can bet they would have meaning then !!

• Like 2

I don't think they're meaningless, they show why we've picked up 2 points in 8 games. It also shows the same issues we had last year and shows the lack of progress.

Whats this progress turd? You do realise when any company is actually placed on the market for sale, its a keeping the lights on business. You mightn't want to face that but thats the reality.

Whats this progress turd? You do realise when any company is actually placed on the market for sale, its a keeping the lights on business. You mightn't want to face that but thats the reality.

So we're not meant to get any better?

I hope Lambert is sacked regardless of the result vs Burnley to be honest.

Lerner must be fed up after supporting the manager with £46m since he's been here (more than 11 teams in the league) and what we have to show for it as a dire, defensive, boring team.

The excuses have ran out for Lambert - today with Keane leaving is just one in a long line of bad decisions Lambert has made.

Is that bit about the money true?

Are you saying he has had £46 million to spend (net?) since he's been here? That spread out over the 5 windows so far, is £9.2m per window. And your saying that's more than 11 teams in the league over the same period?

Yes £46m net since he has been here. Just happens to be considerably more than the following teams across the same period:

1) Burnley: -£2.3m

2 ) Palace: £18.5m

3) Leicester: £14.2m

4) Newcastle: £19.4m

5) Southampton: £33.8m

6) Stoke: £23.5m

7) Sunderland: £37.6m

8) Swansea: £11.7m

9) Spurs: -£3.4m

10) West Brom: £15.4m

11) Everton: £18.2m

Yes, he has been working under wage restrictions (as a number of other teams have been) but on transfers on a net basis only 8 teams in the current premier league have spent more.

What a shambles he has made of it.

So we're not meant to get any better?

Honestly, no, not until we are sold or Lerner decides to have another go and takes us off the market.

Lerner is more than happy to let us play negative shocking football as it keeps us in the premiership.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â