Paul Lambert

limpid

maybe with the freakish injury problems we've experienced, over the last year, maybe he feels that a 'safety first' policy is the best way to go?

and how's that been working out for him?

How do you know it wouldn't have been worse if he'd adopted a different approach?  It may well have been the wrong decision but there's no way of proving it either way.

Some proper questioning eventually by a journalist,it was Pete Colley putting PL under pressure here...

http://tinyurl.com/Lambert-tough-questioning

There you go.

Much appreciated.

Thought Pete Colley asked the right questions  - Lambert is just more than happy to avoid giving honest answers and will instead deflect.

Edited by roonst83

I have said it how many times now??? Seriously what more point is there? 

Our performance by the standards of this team, not the 1982 team, this persistent relegation battling side, given the fact we had come off 5 straight defeats and a bad one at QPR and given Spurs are a very good team. Factor all that into your mind. That is the context. 

I thought we were superb up until Benteke was sent off, we should have been 2-0 up and we were in control of the game. 

What will not happen in the below posts is anyone simply saying the disagree with that opinion on the Spurs game. That doesn't have the desired effect. What is repulsive about many of the posts in this thread is the need to make up, twist ones simple comments and attribute those to someone. 

I have now apparently said that our total performance against Spurs was an all time Superb Claret & Blue performance. 

I ask what point is there conversing?

Me: I don't like yellow coloured Ferraris

Poster: How the hell don't you like Ferrari!?!?!!?

Me: Sigh

That is what football forum discussion is like. 

I believe the aim is to bludgeon any opposing opinion into submission and drive them from the Lambert thread. The only doctrine allowed is Lambert is meritless and at fault fro all ills. 

Unfortunately it's just the way that a lot of people approach things on here. I know I've said it a lot and that it's becoming a cliche but yes it is a case of the black and white mentality. It's a bit like how those who are not completely 100% against Lambert often get confused with those who are actually supporting him.

Exactly, I felt we were going to be back on the winning ways and onwards and upwards at half time during the Spurs match. Then the sending off happened.

I am still willing to wait and see with regards how we perform in the next 8 games. Then form an opinion either way on Lambert staying / going. If we only have 20 points after 19 games I mean he's got to be going. But if we're on 23 at half way surely that's decent, especially with a 2nd half of the season with less injuries to look forward to. 

It's the total polarising of opinions and rounding on individual minute comments of other posters. Like if enough berating happens you'll break down their opinion and force them to change to yours. 

I know, that's what happens in these types of threads on football forums. Hence the need for vigilant moderation. 

I disagree with that opinion of the Spurs game.

You obviously support Lambert and that's your privilege. I don't. You look at the Spurs match and see a decent battling performance against a superior team. I look at it and see a profligate Spurs team that failed to take advantage of their multitude of scoring opportunities. That's fine. What I don't agree with it's your idea that we must support the team "100%". Sure, go to the matches and cheer your socks off, that's the right attitude. But this is a public discussion forum on the internet, and I reserve the right to bitch and moan as much as I bloody well like.

* Edited because predictive text insists on making me look silly.

I support Lambert for now because I look at the alternative which is to sack him right now and find a new manager. I do not believe that is the best option from the two available. I would rather let him continue and set a performance target for him (22 points at half way stage, minimum).

I believe the best time to replace a manager is at the end of a season, it gives better options as more managers are available and give a new appointment time to bed in, have no pressure from the start and gives time to assess squad and money to add to it. 

If we are not in the relegation zone we do not need to be sacking him mid season unless we're mired in relegation zone. That's my view. 

Personally I'd like us to give Moyes a go next Summer. He'd be good fit for us. 

I disagree with that opinion of the Spurs game.

You obviously support Lambert and that's your privilege. I don't. You look at the Spurs match and see a decent battling performance against a superior team. I look at it and see a profligate Spurs team that failed to take advantage of their multitude of scoring opportunities. That's fine. What I don't agree with it's your idea that we must support the team "100%". Sure, go to the matches and cheer your socks off, that's the right attitude. But this is a public discussion forum on the internet, and I reserve the right to bitch and moan as much as I bloody well like.

* Edited because predictive text insists on making me look silly.

I support Lambert for now because I look at the alternative which is to sack him right now and find a new manager. I do not believe that is the best option from the two available. I would rather let him continue and set a performance target for him (22 points at half way stage, minimum).

I believe the best time to replace a manager is at the end of a season, it gives better options as more managers are available and give a new appointment time to bed in, have no pressure from the start and gives time to assess squad and money to add to it. 

If we are not in the relegation zone we do not need to be sacking him mid season unless we're mired in relegation zone. That's my view. 

Personally I'd like us to give Moyes a go next Summer. He'd be good fit for us. 

He's only just joined Real Sociedad. Why would he come to us?

The beauty of discussing horse racing as opposed to football is opinions get a chance to be validated. 

For me the biggest difference is that if a horse is lame at least you can take it out back and shoot it.

Or make a nice Findus lasagne out of it.

• Like 1

Some proper questioning eventually by a journalist,it was Pete Colley putting PL under pressure here...

http://tinyurl.com/Lambert-tough-questioning

There you go.

Much appreciated.

Thought Pete Colley asked the right questions - Lambert is just more than happy to avoid giving honest answers and will instead deflect.

I'm not sure what else he can say to be honest?

"Has Bent done enough for you"?

"Well actually Pete, I'm glad to see the back of him. He barely puts a shift in in training and as you saw the other night, he doesn't seem mentally or physically capable of playing at this level"

That would have been an honest answer, but what would that change?

Ditto for the questions on pressure and Lerner. What should he have said? Randy is letting the club down? He's told me I'm getting the sack if I don't win the next two?

Nothing he says will make much of a difference either way, other than to create more of a shit storm if he starts slagging ff the players and the owner?

He needs results and an improvement in performances, neither of those will happen becuase of the answers he gives in a press conference

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 3

If ya cant beat burnley you dont deserve prem football.

I can see where your coming from but Burnley have beaten other teams already.

For me there would be no total disgrace in losing away to Burnley if I look at the game in isolation. Trouble is though defeat to Burnley would be 7 defeats in last 9 games and 2 points from 27. Even a draw would mean no win in 9 and 3 points from 27.

We need to win tomorrow to put an end to an absolute dire run of results. No wins in 9 and 2 or 3 points from 27 quickly on the back of a run of 1 win in 9 and 4 points from 27 at the end of last season is inexcusable and indefensible no matter what side of the fence you sit on and how much you may like or dislike the manager.

Edited by markavfc40

If ya cant beat burnley you dont deserve prem football.

I can see where your coming from but Burnley have beaten other teams already.

For me there would be no total disgrace in losing away to Burnley if I look at the game in isolation. Trouble is though defeat to Burnley would be 7 defeats in last 9 games and 2 points from 27. Even a draw would mean no win in 9 and 3 points from 27.

We need to win tomorrow to put an end to an absolute dire run of results. No wins in 9 and 2 or 3 points from 27 quickly on the back of a run of 1 win in 9 and 4 points from 27 at the end of last season is inexcusable and indefensible no matter what side of the fence you sit on and how much you may like or dislike the manager.

I agree with ya how much longer can lambert avoid the chop the stats above are very poor.

Im very concerned lambert must have lost the dressing room the keane saga for me is just another nail in the coffin for lambert.

Lambert looks way out of his depth.

We have 6 goals in 13 matches this season and he is trying to find a solution to our problems - scoring a few goals might help!

Just think lambert is on borrowed time a defeat against burnley and hes gone.

Lerner will not like the empty seats that were clearly evident against saints, we need a new assistant lambert has a terrible record with staffing. Firstly the bullies ie karsa and culverhouse and now keane.

Lerner will cut his losses im sure this is not rock bottom its worse than that.

In a silly way i would accept another shocking performance against burnley and see what lerner is made of. People assume lerner is stupid he will be alarmed just as much as us fans are and i expect lambert sacked by monday if the above happens.

Lerner must be laughing his cock off

EDIT even more now I have read below

However,  I do not expect him to sack Paul.  I believe Paul is here at least for the remainder of the season and possibly longer.  For a start why sack him when the ownership is still not resolved one way or another. Secondly why spend 8 or 9M sacking and recruiting when he is averse to spending any money (I was told last night it would be nearer 12M by the way but hey ho). Thirdly i just dont think he will sack him anyway.

Edited by Richard

I hope Lambert is sacked regardless of the result vs Burnley to be honest.

Lerner must be fed up after supporting the manager with £46m since he's been here (more than 11 teams in the league) and what we have to show for it as a dire, defensive, boring team.

The excuses have ran out for Lambert - today with Keane leaving is just one in a long line of bad decisions Lambert has made.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Doubt Lerner cares if i'm honest.

Clearly wants out, maybe if things get really bad Tom Fox might give him a detail or two but I honestly don't think he cares at the moment.

If, come 24th May the club finishes 17th in the league; it would probably be like winning the title for Lerner.

Everyone has a tolerance level even good old randy.

Lamberts football is far to predictable. Weve scored 6 goals but the lack of chances wont just change overnight were in the sh*t more than any of the other seasons.

Championship football beckons for this once great club.

Also tell me any other club in prem that would keep lambert with the awful record he has, he would have been sacked at any other club fact.

Some proper questioning eventually by a journalist,it was Pete Colley putting PL under pressure here...http://tinyurl.com/Lambert-tough-questioning

There you go.
Much appreciated.

Thought Pete Colley asked the right questions - Lambert is just more than happy to avoid giving honest answers and will instead deflect.

I'm not sure what else he can say to be honest?

"Has Bent done enough for you"?

"Well actually Pete, I'm glad to see the back of him. He barely puts a shift in in training and as you saw the other night, he doesn't seem mentally or physically capable of playing at this level"

That would have been an honest answer, but what would that change?

Ditto for the questions on pressure and Lerner. What should he have said? Randy is letting the club down? He's told me I'm getting the sack if I don't win the next two?

Nothing he says will make much of a difference either way, other than to create more of a shit storm if he starts slagging ff the players and the owner?

He needs results and an improvement in performances, neither of those will happen becuase of the answers he gives in a press conference

Interviews, post-match press conferences and the like, are just another form of advertising, and expecting Lambert (or any manager) to be open and honest in one is as naive as expecting complete honesty in any form of advertising. I don't really think that even the interviewer expected Lambert to be openly critical of one of his players or the owner. The value of such questioning it's not whether the managers avoids answering, but how he avoids answering; the intention is to make him look shifty so the media can create a narrative of a manager under pressure.

Personally, I thought Lambert came across as reluctant and unsure even for him, so you could argue that the interview did is job - it said something about Lambert even without him answering the questions.

Edited by Villanun
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â