Paul Lambert

limpid

When they change the rules of the league so that it is worked our by bar graphs or opta stats or pie charts showing the distribution of possession,  come back and tell me

Your backing for Lambert is starting to get a little out of hand?

??? My comments are in relation to those who place too much emphasis on what are, actually in terms of how league performance is judged, meaningless

However,  what is the issue for my support of the manager? Out of hand? Stop trying to ridicule people for having a different opinion to you and accept that alternative views are allowed.

Am I being abusive? No

Am I contravening site guidelines? No

Am I PFE'ing or Posting on Poster? No

So not sure where it is out of hand other than it is different to your view

• Like 2

When they change the rules of the league so that it is worked our by bar graphs or opta stats or pie charts showing the distribution of possession,  come back and tell me

The league is still worked out on points and we're crap on that basis too.

Was it his post that said that Lambert is better than Atkinson was?
  • Like 1

Welcome all comers ,  jump on board and single out a poster who has a different view and is not afraid to have it.  Step right up and ridicule and bully just because he has the temerity to think differently.

Welcome all comers ,  jump on board and single out a poster who has a different view and is not afraid to have it.  Step right up and ridicule and bully just because he has the temerity to think differently.

Oh do give the wounded martyr routine a miss.

Richard don't try getting other posters in trouble. We all have our own opinions and thats fine. But what most people are doing in justifing those opinions with evidence, all you seem to be doing is being negative on most views without justification or support of your posts.

When they change the rules of the league so that it is worked out by bar graphs or opta stats or pie charts showing the distribution of possession,  come back and tell me

When the rules of the league mean that we can no longer play in this division we will come back and tell you.....

... that the reason why we were relegated is contained within these bar graphs and opta stats.

hey Risso no wounded Martyr.  I have no problem defending my opinion or point of view at all,  you know me I'm big enough and ugly enough to do that.

What i am commenting on is the more general mob rule that seems to pervade most of the debate on the manager whereby people who still support him have to 

1. State a definite date by which they will no longer support him

2. Put up with the ridicule of still supporting him

3. State chapter and verse over and over again as to why they support him,  then have that subject to ridcule

All in the name it seems of having everyone agree with the same opinion.  Why? Why does it matter if people support him still or if not 100% of the fanbase want him out?

Then we see people "ganging up" as it were to "debate" that.  See it all too often.

When you look for the reasons why Lambert's team is failing so badly clearly one of the reason is his inability to get the team attacking effectively hence why we are the lowest scorers in the premier league and also, looking outside of that no football league team has currently scored fewer.

One of the keys to his failure is the balance of the team and the number of goals that are coming from outside of the forwards.

Season 1:

No player, outside of the forwards, scored more than 3 goals.

Season 2:

Just 1 player outside of the forwards scored more than 3 goals (Bacuna - who incidentally hasn't started 1 league game for us this season)

Season 3:

No players outside of the forwards have scored even 1 goal.

Does that sound right? Does that sound like a team with the right balance to it and a team where the right people with the right qualities have been recruited? Given we've outspent (on a net basis)10 teams in our division since Lambert's arrival this should have resolved.

The problem was there season 1 - not resolved. The problem was there season 2 - not resolved. The problem is still here now - not resolved.

The manager then has £8m to try and rectify this glaring problem and what does he do? He puts in a bid for Cleverley who has scored the huge total of 3 league goals since the start of the 2011/12 season - even 1 of those was against us! Yeah, that's going to sort out the problem of the lack of goals from outside of the forwards Lambert.

Time to sack Lambert now before he wastes even more money and bores us to death with his negative tactics.

When you look for the reasons why Lambert's team is failing so badly clearly one of the reason is his inability to get the team attacking effectively hence why we are the lowest scorers in the premier league and also, looking outside of that no football league team has currently scored fewer.

One of the keys to his failure is the balance of the team and the number of goals that are coming from outside of the forwards.

Season 1:

No player, outside of the forwards, scored more than 3 goals.

Season 2:

Just 1 player outside of the forwards scored more than 3 goals (Bacuna - who incidentally hasn't started 1 league game for us this season)

Season 3:

No players outside of the forwards have scored even 1 goal.

Does that sound right? Does that sound like a team with the right balance to it and a team where the right people with the right qualities have been recruited? Given we've outspent (on a net basis)10 teams in our division since Lambert's arrival this should have resolved.

The problem was there season 1 - not resolved. The problem was there season 2 - not resolved. The problem is still here now - not resolved.

The manager then has £8m to try and rectify this glaring problem and what does he do? He puts in a bid for Cleverley who has scored the huge total of 3 league goals since the start of the 2011/12 season - even 1 of those was against us! Yeah, that's going to sort out the problem of the lack of goals from outside of the forwards Lambert.

Time to sack Lambert now before he wastes even more money and bores us to death with his negative tactics.

The guy just doesn't have a clue.

Any decent side gets goals from its midfielders and defenders to contribute to the overall total and to take the pressure off the strikers (especially when they are going through a lean patch).

Not Lambert's teams though. If the strikers are failing (as ours constantly do) then we are buggered. The bleating from some people about our best goalscorer being injured or suspended just masks over the fact that Lambert cannot get goals from outside the striker base because his tactics are totally wrong and he wastes money covering positions that we don't need covering (loads of left backs and midfielders) and neglects the creative goal scoring needs of our team.

Sack him now.

• Like 1

hey Risso no wounded Martyr.  I have no problem defending my opinion or point of view at all,  you know me I'm big enough and ugly enough to do that.

What i am commenting on is the more general mob rule that seems to pervade most of the debate on the manager whereby people who still support him have to 

1. State a definite date by which they will no longer support him

2. Put up with the ridicule of still supporting him

3. State chapter and verse over and over again as to why they support him,  then have that subject to ridcule

All in the name it seems of having everyone agree with the same opinion.  Why? Why does it matter if people support him still or if not 100% of the fanbase want him out?

Then we see people "ganging up" as it were to "debate" that.  See it all too often.

You are entitled to your opinion and can defend that any way you want.

However, what comes around goes around. Our positions were opposite when Houllier was in charge. My signature still holds my position despite being "ganged up" on. In fact, it was in direct response to one of your posts, IIRC.

Anyone that thinks the performance against Spurs was 'superb' has led a really sheltered life.

I have seen us play far better than that over the years and to use the superlative 'superb' to describe any Villa performance under Lambert is absolutely ridiculous.

"Being ganged up upon" = "My opinion is a minority one nowadays"

Not at all.  I have no problem with holding a minority view.

The fact that you felt free to highlight my view being a minority says more I feel.

Anyone that thinks the performance against Spurs was 'superb' has led a really sheltered life.

I have seen us play far better than that over the years and to use the superlative 'superb' to describe any Villa performance under Lambert is absolutely ridiculous.

Not really - there's been a few superb performances (the Spurs game wasn't one of them).  I actually think some of them under Lambert have been among the best ones we've seen over the past decade.  They're just incredibly few and far between and we see many more poor performances.

Not at all.  I have no problem with holding a minority view.

The fact that you felt free to highlight my view being a minority says more I feel.

Let's put it this way, the phrases "ganged up upon" and "shouted down" were never in circulation on this forum 12 months ago when any post remotely critical of the manager was jumped upon by the same 4/5 posters. So you can see the contradiction.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â