Paul Lambert

limpid

No mention of lack of Benteke, no mention of 7 of our 12 games being played against last seasons top 8. 

The reason? Because it's a polarised opinion, no credit can be given to the now sworn enemy. No basis is rational or any kind of impartial thinking. 

Enemy must die, bring him down. We want blood. 

The football mob, without question the worst thing about football itself. 

Every team has injuries - do you mention other teams injuries and/or poor form when we play them? 

As for last season's top 8 just because they did OK LAST season doesn't mean we can't try to take points off them and look like we know what we're doing.

6 wins in 28 games - Lambert is awful.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

10417589_794240717304473_118088867006185

They are stats of a manager that should be sacked, no excuses. I don't believe any other club would put up with it regardless of the teams we have played, even in the Championship it would be a manager on his last legs. There can be no question if this continues he has got to be sacked. Even if we brought a new manager in before the start of this season, he would be hard pressed to equal those stats. Its not personal that I want him gone, he is obviously not a bad guy, but its not just down to those recent stats the negative records broken since he has been here, points to the fact he should have been gone at the end of last season.

Then we had QPR, Spurs, West Ham & Southampton where we should have had L,W,D,D or better if it was not for 1 stupid incident by Benteke. 

So you can understand then why I'm ready to continue to believe things could be different this season as one incident by Benteke is all that is the difference between us being on 15 points in 12th with 7 of the 12 games played being against last seasons top 8 teams. 

I cannot comprehend how anyone at the beginning of the season would not have called that a decent start. You will also notice I haven't mentioned a single injury. 

What about when Senderos kicked Balotelli off the ball when we played Liverpool?

Do we re-write that game and say well he really should have been sent off and against 10 men away at Anfield we could have well gone on to lose the game.

We would then have 9 points now.

• Like 2

Then we had QPR, Spurs, West Ham & Southampton where we should have had L,W,D,D or better if it was not for 1 stupid incident by Benteke.

So you can understand then why I'm ready to continue to believe things could be different this season as one incident by Benteke is all that is the difference between us being on 15 points in 12th with 7 of the 12 games played being against last seasons top 8 teams.

I cannot comprehend how anyone at the beginning of the season would not have called that a decent start. You will also notice I haven't mentioned a single injury.

What about when Senderos kicked Balotelli off the ball when we played Liverpool?

Do we re-write that game and say well he really should have been sent off and against 10 men away at Anfield we could have well gone on to lose the game.

This is the kind of thing I was asking. You can't just pick one moment to suit your argument and ignore every other game. I bet most fans could find a moment in every game that cost them a result. What does it prove?

• Like 1

So you can understand then why I'm ready to continue to believe things could be different this season as one incident by Benteke is all that is the difference between us being on 15 points in 12th with 7 of the 12 games played being against last seasons top 8 teams.

I cannot comprehend how anyone at the beginning of the season would not have called that a decent start. You will also notice I haven't mentioned a single injury.

This is the kind of thing I was asking. You can't just pick one moment to suit your argument and ignore every other game. I bet most fans could find a moment in every game that cost them a result. What does it prove?

Yeah, so in reality since when he started nearly 3 seasons ago up to date, those stats and League position support where we are today. An even to the most pro Lambert supporters you can't excuse It don't look good!!!

The only real meaningful stat there is the goals scored - that's why we're 16th and not 20th because other more important stats (like goals conceded and points gained) aren't as bad.

Don't get me wrong, there are no excuses, I just think people are focusing on the wrong things. I couldn't really give a shit about shots on target or shooting accuracy in the grand scheme of things - what I do care about are things like goals scored, goals conceded, points taken and league position, which are all pretty bad.

They are stats of a manager that should be sacked, no excuses. I don't believe any other club would put up with it regardless of the teams we have played, even in the Championship it would be a manager on his last legs. There can be no question if this continues he has got to be sacked. Even if we brought a new manager in before the start of this season, he would be hard pressed to equal those stats. Its not personal that I want him gone, he is obviously not a bad guy, but its not just down to those recent stats the negative records broken since he has been here, points to the fact he should have been gone at the end of last season.

Thos stats will not change lambert does not like change therefore relegation beckons.

Since Lambert has been hear, he's mostly performed badly in the transfer market, the results have been poor especially at home, and the standard of football appalling.  Yes, there has been the odd good purchase and a few decent results and performances, but even allowing for the restrictions he's been working under, I'd have to conclude that overall, he's been a very poor manager for us.

and what about when he was deaf?

You lose any credibility when you turn into grammer police. Seems you have no other answers.

and what about when I'm the spelling police?

• Like 1

The league is based on a points system

I agree Richard in that the only stat that really matters is the league table. However that doesn't make pretty reading either and those stats just highlight why we are struggling so badly. Those stats would also offer a reason as to why we had our lowest league attendance in 15 years on Monday night as the football being served up in an attacking sense is absolutely dire. I still go but I would never blame those fans that have thrown the towel in and no longer attend. The blame for the falling attendances is down to those responsible for what is being served up on the pitch.

Edited by markavfc40

Anybody know why Lambert is on the front page of the BBC website in the sport section? Can't seem to see anything.

And before the jokes like "Is it for crimes against football" start. Make them funny.  :D

I saw that too. I looked on the sportsday thing and there isn't even a mention of Villa or Lambert. Presumably the BBC are trying to hype up the "club in crisis" thing.

Anybody know why Lambert is on the front page of the BBC website in the sport section? Can't seem to see anything.

And before the jokes like "Is it for crimes against football" start. Make them funny.  :D

I saw that too. I looked on the sportsday thing and there isn't even a mention of Villa or Lambert. Presumably the BBC are trying to hype up the "club in crisis" thing.

There is a small mention about a press conference but that was also listed along with other clubs. I just thought maybe it had happened and something important was said.

10:15

Newcastle, Aston Villa, Burnley, Sunderland, Swansea, West Brom, Leicester and Stoke are also holding news conferences later. I'll have all the headline news from those.

When they change the rules of the league so that it is worked out by bar graphs or opta stats or pie charts showing the distribution of possession,  come back and tell me

Edited by Richard

The statistics are terrible (although as I said some of them are relatively meaningless) but they are partly (certainly not completely) explained by our fixture list. In our opening 12 games we played 7 of last season's top 8, plus a very in-form West Ham away. It'll definitely be interesting to see what these stats are like once we've played 19 games.

Edited by Mantis

The statistics are terrible (although as I said some of them are relatively meaningless) but they are partly (certainly not completely) explained by our fixture list. In our opening 12 games we played 7 of last season's top 8, plus a very in-form West Ham away. It'll definitely be interesting to see what these stats are like once we've played 19 games.

I'd hazzard a guess that they wont be much better to be honest

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â