Paul Lambert

limpid

Your devotion for Lambert seems to hold no boundries, we are a boring defensive team under Lambert, losing crowds by the 10's of thousands but I guess its your opinion and your ofcourse entitled to it!

I'm not the slightest bit devoted to Lambert, except to say that he doesn't deserve the sack.

Sure we're a boring, defensive team under Lambert at the moment, but the two strikers he signed have only played about 60 games between them in three years. Ask Liverpool what life's like without your star striker and best player - and they've still got Sturridge and lots of cash.

Though its coming to light they also have a very limited manager

Your devotion for Lambert seems to hold no boundries, we are a boring defensive team under Lambert, losing crowds by the 10's of thousands but I guess its your opinion and your ofcourse entitled to it!

I'm not the slightest bit devoted to Lambert, except to say that he doesn't deserve the sack.

Sure we're a boring, defensive team under Lambert at the moment, but the two strikers he signed have only played about 60 games between them in three years. Ask Liverpool what life's like without your star striker and best player - and they've still got Sturridge and lots of cash.

What a complete load of shite.

For a start, Liverpool have been poor for while, maybe 6-7 even 8 or 9 games.

We have been poor for 2 and a half **** years!!!

And answer a simple question, if a loss rate of 50% doesn't get the sack in your book, how shit does it actually have to get before the sack is justified?

What a complete load of shite.

For a start, Liverpool have been poor for while, maybe 6-7 even 8 or 9 games.

We have been poor for 2 and a half **** years!!!

And answer a simple question, if a loss rate of 50% doesn't get the sack in your book, how shit does it actually have to get before the sack is justified?

Yes but i imagine the 50% must have been games where we had players injured or suspended, came during a bad run of fixtures or against teams who spend loads more money than us.

Lambert summed it up when he said they'd been working on getting Gabby in over the top in training. 

The sad thing is that is about all we have - a punt up field and someone running onto it hoping for a mistake!

A dire, dreadful performance lacking composure, quality and excitement.

No surprise that the attendances are dropping as the majority of the fanbase have had enough.

Lambert out.

The way we played the first half was how a Sunday league team would approach a game.

The we we played the second half would have embarrassed most sunday league managers.

• Like 2

Lambert summed it up when he said they'd been working on getting Gabby in over the top in training. 

The sad thing is that is about all we have - a punt up field and someone running onto it hoping for a mistake!

A dire, dreadful performance lacking composure, quality and excitement.

No surprise that the attendances are dropping as the majority of the fanbase have had enough.

Lambert out.

Yup.

We worked on that ?

Wow.

I'm running out of how to express how this feels.

First year I liked him, even when we did poorly.

Second year I thought sticking with him was logical and could work.

But this is just agonising torture.

He clearly - for reasons which completely escape me - has no intention of deviating from one simple, basic, dull, highly risky, utterly unwatchable, plan.

Even in the last few weeks as I have found this increasingly unbearable I have hoped we would perform, win, and he'd have the last laugh.

I'm sorry to say I now just want us to get totally hammered for a few games in order that he absolutely has to go.

• Like 1

Yup, a little part of me died inside when Lambert said this. It's a really sad state of affairs.

I got to Villa Park to watch Villa play try and play football, but we don't even do that anymore.

• Like 2

It'll be great to see what another manager can do with this team. We do have pace and good attacking intent. Obviously Lambert has no faith in the team and refuses to use the team to there full potential. I feel its gonna be to late soon as the team will get to used to be a defensive unit. To me, we are a midtable team all day long..

Yup, a little part of me died inside when Lambert said this. It's a really sad state of affairs.

I got to Villa Park to watch Villa play try and play football, but we don't even do that anymore.

If that is the case then it's possibly the best pass I have ever seen from Ciaran Clark.

Was working tonight. Sounds like I did well to miss it.

Those stats are dire and I'm sorry, but you don't need a team full of Messi's to work out a manager's footballing philosophy. He's anti-football. I've been critical of Lambert for well over a year now but this is the first time I've said this: Lambert should go now. There's no future for him at Villa Park.

Decent bloke, terrible football.

That Bent sub :crylaugh:

What in the flying piss is he doing? Did you see that little ball down the left hand side of the area that Bent tried to run onto? He can hardly move. I want to know what he shows in training to be coming on ahead of ever other player bar on that bench bar Given. Any of them would have been more useful.

We got a point after our striker ran onto a clearance and the opposition keeper made an error. I hope to see some ambition against Burnley in the battle for 19th.

What in the flying piss is he doing? Did you see that little ball down the left hand side of the area that Bent tried to run onto? He can hardly move. I want to know what he shows in training to be coming on ahead of ever other player bar on that bench bar Given. Any of them would have been more useful.

We got a point after our striker ran onto a clearance and the opposition keeper made an error. I hope to see some ambition against Burnley in the battle for 19th.

Sanchez needed to come off.

Lambert didn't want to bring an attacking midfielder on.

Best option was to drop gabby back because of his energy and lack of opportunity up front.

We needed to out a striker on as a result.

I'm not sure it was the right thing to do, but why the **** is everyone struggling with the concept?

• Like 1

Best option was to drop gabby back because of his energy and lack of opportunity up front.

I'm not sure it was the right thing to do, but why the **** is everyone struggling with the concept?

Because surely bringing on Bacuna for Sanchez is better than bringing Bent on? 

Why? Bacuna isn't defensive and is possibly the only player on the bench we could have brought on who would have made our ability in possession even worse
  • Like 1

I see where you are coming from but this is something that happens when so much is so wrong so often.

A great many of us no longer have any desire to look for the good in what he does, and that is his doing, not ours.

Why? Bacuna isn't defensive and is possibly the only player on the bench we could have brought on who would have made our ability in possession even worse

Because Gabby could have stayed more central and Bacuna could have gone out to the wing and doubled up defending with Hutton. Or Bacuna could have played more central and Richardson could have gone out to the wing. Either of those options is better than bringing Bent on, which is effectively playing with 10 men.  

Edited by PieFacE

I'll assist you. It wasn't the right thing to do :thumb:

I'm not struggling... I can't fathom the thought process because he's so incorrect.

Darren Bent cannot move. Did you see him lurch around, you may as well have Given there!

Put Grealish up front, put Cole up front, put Lowton on as an extra centre half, put Bacuna on to charge around midfield. We could have even then maybe grabbed another with Gabby latching onto another clearance in a piece of "planned football".

• Like 1

If that is the case then it's possibly the best pass I have ever seen from Ciaran Clark.

He threaded it through with unerring accuracy.

Looks like our search for a number ten could be over?

• Like 1

Â