Paul Lambert

limpid

I don't understand Sanchez off, Bent on. Fair enough taking off Sanchez but... Darren Bent? :(

It was a defensive change.

Don't be fooled by the fact it was a midfielder off and a striker on.

Yeah drop a on form Gabby to defend and bring a off form Bent on. Yeah brilliant tactical change, has thoughts of McLeish all over it!
Or replace a tired and shakey Sanchez with a fresher and more energetic Gabby who's energy was being wasted chasing lost causes up front.

Nothing new, as I said McLeish used to do this after being 1-0 up, always ends in tears. No team can defend for that long.....

We play old fashioned counter attacking football, so easy to play against and it hardly ever ends with a win these days

I don't understand Sanchez off, Bent on. Fair enough taking off Sanchez but... Darren Bent? :(

Yeah drop a on form Gabby to defend and bring a off form Bent on. Yeah brilliant tactical change, has thoughts of McLeish all over it!
Or replace a tired and shakey Sanchez with a fresher and more energetic Gabby who's energy was being wasted chasing lost causes up front.
Nothing new, as I said McLeish used to do this after being 1-0 up, always ends in tears. No team can defend for that long.....

We play old fashioned counter attacking football, so easy to play against and it hardly ever ends with a win these days

So would you have left Sanchez on?

I think the attendance is proving something most of us already know. Zzzz!!

He's playing football equal to or worse than McLeish now.

With more technically gifted players and in his third year of building this team for how he wants us to play football.

This can't go on. I don't even care that we aren't winning, it's the way we're playing football. It's supposed to be enjoyable after a week at work, but I think I'd rather be working than watch us attempt to play football.

• Like 1

I'm leaning towards the "get rid in the summer" view.

Mantis, summer will be to late!

Not necessarily. It's hard to tell at this point. We've stopped the rot (so far as we're not losing every game) but there are obviously still serious issues here. I think we'll probably limp over the line again but I'm not sure changing manager in the middle of the season under the current circumstances will do that much good. If we can I'd much rather wait until the summer.

Not necessarily. It's hard to tell at this point. We've stopped the rot (so far as we're not losing every game) but there are obviously still serious issues here. I think we'll probably limp over the line again but I'm not sure changing manager in the middle of the season under the current circumstances will do that much good. If we can I'd much rather wait until the summer.

But he can't even see the problems. When asked if he missed Benteke his answer was "we don't have a problem creating chances, we have Wiemann". Little bit worrying, sounds like a manager in denial.

But he can't even see the problems. When asked if he missed Benteke his answer was "we don't have a problem creating chances, we have Wiemann". Little bit worrying, sounds like a manager in denial.

I don't know why people read so much into what he says in public.

I'm more leaning towards the "let's see how things are when most of his best players aren't injured or suspended" view.

That's one of the reasons why I don't want him out right now.

Â