Paul Lambert

limpid

Ok, I'll put it this way;

We all hate Lambert - worst records ever

We all hate McLeish - worst records ever

We all hate MON - spent badly and abandoned the club

We all hate every manager we've ever had unless they have brought us some silverwear.

With this in mind, which manager should we hate next because no-one is going to get us anywhere near silverware/ Europe / respectability. So change the manager, I'm not that fussed if he stays or goes, but expect to all back here in another 18months to two years saying the same old crap; he's had time, we're not progressing, all our players are crap. I don't think changing the manager will alter that future. Changing Lerner and/or the way modern football is run is the only way we will now escape this fate.

This isn't even just Lerner's time. Please tell me the last manager we had who was liked by the majority? Little?! Different world now, and changing a manager who has not relegated us, has bought what we seem to all agree is our best first XI in years and has just signed a new contract is counterproductive to me.

I'd rather spend money on more poor quality players to at least help fight relegation than pay off another manager who couldn't make a cake out of horsesh*t.

Only statistics and records that matter to me are things like league position, win ratio, goals scored etc.

As it happens they've been dreadful under Lambert, so it makes the focus on relatively trivial things a bit odd. It's not like there isn't more than enough ammunition against him already.

???  The records often mentioned are all linked to the things that you say matter to you. To try and dismiss them as "trivial" is baffling because it's as a result of those that the wins, goals etc are all collated

On a more general point the thread is showing though that there is another run of the "emperors new clothes" pantomime starring messers LLLLLLLLambert and others - crowds are down though this year .....

Edited by drat01

I'd rather spend money on more poor quality players to at least help fight relegation than pay off another manager who couldn't make a cake out of horsesh*t.

I'd rather we didn't sign poor quality players for over-priced fees (Cleverley) and we had a manager who could make a positive difference.

We've witnessed what Lambert has to offer and it is not good enough - not even close to being good enough.

We have had a -30 goal difference across our last 38 games because he is incompetent, incapable and does not have the ability to drive this club to where it needs to get to.

The level of progress we should have reasonably expected is not there, crowds are going down, fans are losing interest.

This is not what being a Villa fan should be about IMO - there should be a sense when we go into any game that we'll have a go and try and win the game even if ultimately we don't.

For far too many games in Lambert's tenure this has not been the case and I for one do not accept soon to probably be 7/8 defeats on the trot at any level acceptable for a manger of this great football club.

Expect better/demand better.

Lambert out.

• Like 2

"I'd rather spend money on more poor quality players to at least help fight relegation than pay off another manager who couldn't make a cake out of horsesh*t."

This is one of most incredulous pieces of shite I've ever read!

Edited by andyh

We all hate every manager we've ever had unless they have brought us some silverwear.

With this in mind, which manager should we hate next because no-one is going to get us anywhere near silverware/ Europe / respectability. So change the manager, I'm not that fussed if he stays or goes, but expect to all back here in another 18months to two years saying the same old crap; he's had time, we're not progressing, all our players are crap. I don't think changing the manager will alter that future. Changing Lerner and/or the way modern football is run is the only way we will now escape this fate.

This isn't even just Lerner's time. Please tell me the last manager we had who was liked by the majority? Little?! Different world now, and changing a manager who has not relegated us, has bought what we seem to all agree is our best first XI in years and has just signed a new contract is counterproductive to me.

Good God!

I've seen some desperately delusional claptrap posted to argue why we cannot expect any better than the imcumbent buffoon, but this really does gazump the lot!

• Like 4

Only statistics and records that matter to me are things like league position, win ratio, goals scored etc.

As it happens they've been dreadful under Lambert, so it makes the focus on relatively trivial things a bit odd. It's not like there isn't more than enough ammunition against him already.

???  The records often mentioned are all linked to the things that you say matter to you. To try and dismiss them as "trivial" is baffling because it's as a result of those that the wins, goals etc are all collated

Some of them might be linked but not directly. I just find it bizarre how little attention seems to be given to Lambert's win ratio (all things considered).

Good God!

I've seen some desperately delusional claptrap posted to argue why we cannot expect any better than the imcumbent buffoon, but this really does gazump the lot!

Agreed im not looking for silverwaer im just looking for us to finish 10th with some good positve football and entertaining games if a manager can offer us that which lambo im afraid can't i will worship the ground they walk on.

Edited by powell91
  • Like 1

Another predictable approach to the game. Bet big Sam didn't see that line up coming.

He couldn't really have done much different. Delph and Benteke are both out and Senderos obviously isn't fit enough to start yet.

I'll wait and see what happens in the game first.

He could do different. There are other options than the same thing over and over again.

He could play 4-4-2 with wide players and 2 strikers.

He could play a diamond with cleverly, grealish or nzogbia at the top of it.

He could play 4-3-3 with proper wingers instead of hard working strikers.

There are other options.

• Like 1

The problem is that we just don't have that many good players. I haven't seen anything from Grealish yet that suggests he's any better than the players that are playing. It's a bit odd that he's not on the bench mind you.

We might not have, and that's down to Lambert and lerner. But there are other options. If you're losing 6 in a row and only scored 1 goal there are other ways to approach a game.

Lambert's to blame for a lot of things but I'm not sure of how much of this particular issues is down to him. Lerner's underfunding is criminal.

The problem is that we just don't have that many good players. I haven't seen anything from Grealish yet that suggests he's any better than the players that are playing. It's a bit odd that he's not on the bench mind you.

Because Agbonlahor and Cleverley have shown so very very much.

Because Agbonlahor and Cleverley have shown so very very much.

They haven't really, but then again neither has Grealish. That was my entire point.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â