Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert's always come across as being frightened in his time here. Frightened of what? The size of the task? The pressure? I don't know, but his players' attitude seem to reflect his leadership: weak, scared, confused. Ability aside, we all know we have rubbish players but the most worrying aspect as Lambert's tenure has just been the serious lack of effort in a substantial amount of games. It's important to not forget the back end of last season, which was just soul destroying to see a Villa team lack any sort of heart, it was so horrible to see, and after a decent start with a small bit of momentum, we're just seeing the team drop to these levels of laziness and complacency again, which I will just never be able to accept.

Good post and I agree with a lot of this.

I must say though, I don't think ALL of the players are rubbish, and with a decent coach/manager, I'd be confident this lot could finish top 10.

However,the big gaping hole in this is that we don't have a decent coach/ manager !!

• Like 3

Just reading the Delph thread and someone commented that there is just so much negativity around the club. What a difference a couple of months makes. Things were looking up after a good start had followed what appeared to be a decent summer for us in terms of bringing in the experienced players we clearly lacked.

It is normally the case that teams can thrive off some positive momentum. The opposite has been the case for us. It is the first time since the back end of 12/13 that we had gathered some forward momentum and for it to have gone into such dramatic reverse is shocking.

it really didnt help our positive start that we ran into a brick wall of Arsenal, Everton City and Chelsea. If only the ffixtures had been a bit kinder I think it would have probably continued

And there we have the reason, just as yourself and others keep bringing it up, Lambert did. We went in with a mentality of 'shit look at this' - 100% down to the manager. A good point from you.

One worrying aspect of our team is that they are neither one thing or another....There's not enough guile, but no physical presence either, they struggle to impose themselves offensively and can only defend for so long.

when our players do get frustrated, they lash out or make rash challenges...They are simply not "Battle Savvy"

Imo... There is something seriously wrong at BMH, I fear there are hidden Agenda's similar to the O'Leary days that is sucking the life out of the team.

In recent years I have always thought we are lightweight in general, but I still believe this squad is capable of better than this.

bumping along the ocean floor can only go on so long.

We need some leadership decisions....kinda now.

Lambert to me does not seem worried, perhaps he knows a lot more than we do of the assurances he's been given.

• Like 1

Anyone else dreading the game tomorrow? The London media will obviously faun over West Ham. Our record will be brought up many times and our team won't have the balls, skill or style to do anything about it and will be greatly laughed at even more.

Should it go to 7 straight defeats I cannot possibly see how Lambert can stay in the job. What is the worst losing streak by any team in the prem?

One worrying aspect of our team is that they are neither one thing or another....There's not enough guile, but no physical presence either, they struggle to impose themselves offensively and can only defend for so long.

when our players do get frustrated, they lash out or make rash challenges...They are simply not "Battle Savvy"

Imo... There is something seriously wrong at BMH, I fear there are hidden Agenda's similar to the O'Leary days that is sucking the life out of the team.

In recent years I have always thought we are lightweight in general, but I still believe this squad is capable of better than this.

bumping along the ocean floor can only go on so long.

We need some leadership decisions....kinda now.

Lambert to me does not seem worried, perhaps he knows a lot more than we do of the assurances he's been given.

Not sure why Lambert would be worried, he's been in this situation 3 years on the bounce now and has come out of it okay every time. Truth be told, I think he will this time too, just. 

Edited by PieFacE

I expect defeat at the weekend - and then its time we see what Tom Fox is made of - Limping on after 7 defeats on the spin wouldn't be in any ones interests........

I just want to see some goals...

Oh don't worry, you'll see goals alright, problem is they'll be flying into Guzans net

If we get rid of Lambert, because of the takeover situation the best we can hope for is Pulis (and he wouldn't be my choice), beyond him it'd be some one like Hughton or Sherwood. Not saying that's a reason not to get rid, just that our prospects are looking so gloomy right now.

The standards set from the top at this club need to change and should start with the sacking of Lambert.

6 defeats on the trot, soon to be 7 is not acceptable for a club of Aston Villa's size and Fox/Lerner need to show some balls to get rid of Lambo and not accept this dross.

Now the majority of fans have turned on him there is no way back for him.

Get the right replacement in and most fans will be behind and support the new man in charge. 

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

Just a recap for those who may have forgotten.

1. Biggest defeat in premiership history (8-0 chelsea)

2. Worst start to a season since we've been in the premiership (his first season)

3. First manager since we've been in the premiership to have two seasons or more and hasn't achieved a top ten finish

4. Most home defeats in a single season ever

5. Most defeats over a season in our premiership history (20 last season)

6. Most goals let in over a season since we've been in the premiership (over 60 last season)

7. Five defeats in a row without scoring for the first time in our entire history

8. Six defeats in a row for the first time since we've been in the premiership and also beyond (47 years)

9. First manager to lose to a fourth tier side over two legs in a cup semi-final

10. First time we've gone out of cup competitions three years on the spin to lower league opposition?

11. 23 defeats in 36 games the worst run any manager has ever had at this club?

I'm in the 'Out' gang, but some of these look a bit suspect. Also, some of them are quite specific... 'First manager to lose to a fourth tier side over two legs in a cup semi-final'.. You should have added 'called Paul Lambert' to the end of that one.
  • Like 1

Sherwood's a good shout actually. Could install a bit of motivation into the squad and confidence. To be fair I didn't think he did alot wrong at Tottenham, they just wanted a bigger name.

Sherwood: Played-28. Won 14. Draw 4. Loss 10. Win %- 50%. Points Per Game--1.6 Projected Point Total over 38 Games: 62 pts. (8th in PL)

Pretty sure spurs where a better side than 8th.

90% of those records would have been 'achieved' whatever manager we'd had. They would have broken some other ones instead of the remaining 10%.

Alonso is not a cr*p driver because his Ferrari has been useless for last few years, he's made some mistakes and has some say over car setup and performance but he is limited by the cr*p car.

Lerner has Villa the cr*p car.

Good post.

I feel it's time to act, Lambo (before Jan) and any player who doesn't want to be at Villa (before the end of Jan) out of here and a new manager in as soon as.

Simple really. There is so much negativity around the club it's untrue. And beard or no beard, get Keane out too. 

• Like 1

Only statistics and records that matter to me are things like league position, win ratio, goals scored etc.

As it happens they've been dreadful under Lambert, so it makes the focus on relatively trivial things a bit odd. It's not like there isn't more than enough ammunition against him already.

Edited by Mantis

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â