Paul Lambert

limpid

21 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Was randomly thinking last night that our starting XI that night we demolished Liverpool at Anfield was actually:

Guzan
Lowton
Herd
Clark
Baker
Lichaj
Westwood
Bannan
Holman
Weimann
Benteke

That was a real PL starting XI. Honestly think he was a borderline miracle worker in that first season keeping that squad up and getting the results he did (granted we did go on a disastrous run right after that game, where we were outscored 15-0 in 3 games, but yeah :lol:

A miracle worker for making us worse the longer he spent with us. Benteke contributed massively and Sherwood showed you don't have to be a good manager to reap the rewards of that. 

Lambert was a disaster and certainly played his part. The squad he left, while working under very harsh conditions, was awful. He also basically over saw 3 years of a losing, play awful football mentality that is not easy to shift. 

The only manager in my lifetime who made me truly fall out of love with watching my club and the sport. Sherwood and the word removed of an owner just added to this. 

To claim he's a miracle worker is a joke. Especially when the word removed was happy to see us dropping so he could get a pay off. 

1st thing Lambert did was get rid of Collins and Dunne and replace them with Clark and Vlaar. decent teams are built from the back and he made a right balls of that

guy is an absolute joke, didnt buy 1 midfield passer, winger or a half decent goalkeeper or full back

He wishes he was half as good as Tim. Lambert was a clown who wasnt tied down by a shit transfer committee who has destroyed our club. Your Tonev, Helenius, Westwood, Richardson type signings he made on his own

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He wishes he was half as good as Tim. Lambert was a clown who wasnt tied down by a shit transfer committee who has destroyed our club. Your Tonev, Helenius, Westwood, Richardson type signings he made on his own

Oh no, come on now.

Let's not get carried away.

Tim :crylaugh:

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

A miracle worker for making us worse the longer he spent with us. Benteke contributed massively and Sherwood showed you don't have to be a good manager to reap the rewards of that. 

Lambert was a disaster and certainly played his part. The squad he left, while working under very harsh conditions, was awful. He also basically over saw 3 years of a losing, play awful football mentality that is not easy to shift. 

The only manager in my lifetime who made me truly fall out of love with watching my club and the sport. Sherwood and the word removed of an owner just added to this. 

To claim he's a miracle worker is a joke. Especially when the word removed was happy to see us dropping so he could get a pay off. 

Chill out, I clearly qualified that it was his first season I was referring to. Even so it was meant to be tongue in cheek in reference to that starting XI. I don't actually think he's a miracle worker. But then again, look at that team and tell me it wasn't a miracle we stayed up that year. You might oversimplify it to Benteke (and ignore Gabby's contribution for example), but who was it that bought Benteke? He was his most expensive signing at around 5M :lol: .

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

By all accounts the way we do transfers now was the same as we did transfers then and is the same as most clubs do transfers.

Lambert was shit by the end of his tenure, but I'd have him back in a heartbeat if the choice was him or Sherwood.

I don't want to live in a world where we have to choose one of Sherwood or Lambert!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrDuck said:

I don't want to live in a world where we have to choose one of Sherwood or Lambert!

Next season we're going to be living in a world where we have to choose between Ian Holloway and Ian Dowie. So, chin up.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Lambert was pretty hopeless, but this is one of the stupidest things I've read on here.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Next season we're going to be living in a world where we have to choose between Ian Holloway and Ian Dowie. So, chin up.

I think both of those guys have promoted clubs to the Premier League?

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Correct. As has Roy Keane.

Maybe he'll want the job if/when Remi walks?

The possibilities for us are endless, it's such an exciting time to be a fan.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â