Paul Lambert

limpid

Off to another club with an owner who is the main problem at the club.. but I guess they will see him as somebody who can do things on a budget. Good luck to him.

I've just bwwn realising the miracle we achieved in 2012-13. Green Benteke, and a whole host of lower division signings/academy graduates who in some cases (Lowton and Weimann) can hardly get a game for their championship sides. 

To be honest though barring some freak results (beating Chelsea, soton away, man city, arsenal away) we would have dropped the next year.

I'm in the same boat - think I even defended him right up to the last. I don't hold any of the negativity toward him that others round here seem to. I always thought he was an honourable man who worked under very tight restrictions without complaining. I hope whatever job he ends up in, he does well.

I have noticed though, a softening in opinions on him since that chancer Sherwood left. For me, TacticsTim showed what a (relatively) good job Lambert had done. 

(I appreciate I'll be in the minority on holding these beliefs).

I can see where you are coming from, but saying that he is better tha TS really is damning with faint praise. I don't think I am exaggerating when I say at the time of his sacking Sherwood had the worst record of any manager in the top flight in Europe. 

It's like being hit by a drunk driver as you both drive the wrong way down the m40. Both are doing a horrible job of driving but the drunk one will still be worse. (Sherwood is the drunk driver on the wrong side of the motorway in this analogy obviously and the more I think about it the more it suits him)

Not as good a job as appears on paper, Blackburn have no money, only one decent player in Rhodes who may yet want to move in January and he'll be working under those nutjob Venky owners so if he thought Lerner was frustrating...

Had a look on that Blackburn site and seems a few are still expecting them to make top 6....well if Burnley are up there....

Tough job, be interested how he'll do there. Alan Irvine to be his number two apparently. Looks like Culverhouse and Karsa have been cast aside for good.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â