Paul Lambert

limpid

(...)enjoy how bad Lambert continues to look.

What a peculiar and sad thing to enjoy.

There is an almost worryingly personal dislike there for what essentially was just a man doing his job poorly. 

He should have retired though, long before he dragged us all the way down to 18th! If it hadn't been for Sherwood we would probably be 20th by now.

The most confusing thing for me and perhaps we'll never know the truth is the whole (lack of an) assistant manager thing during the end of his reign. Was he not allowed to recruit Or couldn't he find anyone suitable? 

The most confusing thing for me and perhaps we'll never know the truth is the whole (lack of an) assistant manager thing during the end of his reign. Was he not allowed to recruit Or couldn't he find anyone suitable? 

It was borderline criminal. I'm not aware of another top league club lacking important staff like that for an extended period of time. As disinterested as Lerner is, I don't believe it was him who had ordered that and the fact that Sherwood has been allowed to bring a good number of staff makes it very unlikely to pin that on Lerner/Fox. Either Lambert was too picky or didn't think he really needed more help or no one wanted to work with him. 

There is an almost worryingly personal dislike there for what essentially was just a man doing his job poorly.

No one has made me dislike watching the club I love as much as Paul Lambert. He may be the nicest bloke in the world but I dislike him a lot for that.

• Like 1

No one has made me dislike watching the club I love as much as Paul Lambert. He may be the nicest bloke in the world but I dislike him a lot for that.

He's gone though, chill your boots, he can't hurt you anymore.  ;)

I think the job just became too much for him and he lost the plot this season with his style of play. He had a good record at Norwich though so suspect he will get another job soon. Many managers we have had go into meltdown afterwards. The pressure of the job becomes so much they are burnt out after leaving us. 

This place will go into absolute meltdown if a Paul Lambert-managed club ever beats us.

agreed

but for a couple of years it's going to have to be a cup game against lower league or Scots opposition

he needs a bit of a rebuild before a prem team would look around for that January rescue managerial change and think of Lambert

Well, never say never I guess, and best of luck to him out there.

But that either means he gets the job at a promoted team between now and August, which I can't see, or he's seen by somebody as the ideal choice to get a team out of a relegation crisis. I just can't see either of those two scenarios with Aston Villa as the last thing on his record.

I think he'll get another team in Championship and be interesting to see if he can get them promoted.

I've said it before but for the most part he's a decent judge of a player. You can see our squad has quality which he managed to build without huge investment.

He's just a very poor coach and motivator. He lost the players last year, It was very obvious to anyone who watched Spurs away on last day of season. Unfortunatley Randy wasnt one of them.

Well, never say never I guess, and best of luck to him out there.

But that either means he gets the job at a promoted team between now and August, which I can't see, or he's seen by somebody as the ideal choice to get a team out of a relegation crisis. I just can't see either of those two scenarios with Aston Villa as the last thing on his record.

The latter I reckon.

Once the teams lower down the league start sacking their managers next season he'll be in the running for the jobs.

One of those teams could also be Norwich...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â