Paul Lambert

limpid

I thought we were posting completely insignificant things that we'd just thought of?

No this is the Paul Lambert thread so I posted a thought I'd just had about Paul Lambert. The thread titles give you a clue if you get confused in future.

what happened to the dortmund coaching role?

It wasn't a coaching role, He was offered the opportunity to spend time with them watching the coaching and learning. A bit like what he did with Guardiola at Bayern before he went insane and totally tried to change the way we played

• Like 1

I thought we were posting completely insignificant things that we'd just thought of?

No this is the Paul Lambert thread so I posted a thought I'd just had about Paul Lambert. The thread titles give you a clue if you get confused in future.

I just remembered that time we beat Sunderland 6-1 and Paul Lambert was in charge.

Am I doing it right?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Good post DDID. The football served up at times was't just the worst I'd ever seen Villa play, it was arguably the worst I'd seen any English top division side play in my memory. That might sound extreme but that's how it felt to me. 

Nice bloke he may be, delighted he has gone. 

• Like 2

There is still too many unanswered questions about his time here.

Bullshit like the assistant managers being sacked.

Until they are answered, he will be wholly responsible for the farce that became the playing side of our club. All he ever does is praise everyone he worked with here, so it must have been the majority of his decisions that led to us becoming so so so bloody vile.

I'm really glad he isn't here, because we were coming bottom of the league, absolutely no doubt in my mind.

• Like 1

It still amazes me how much he changed when he was here. We played some good stuff quite a few times during his first season but he just seemed to lose it as time went on and got more and more negative.

We were defensively a shambles in 12/13 but it's easy to forget we scored some very good team goals that year and played well in spells....I loved that Weimann goal at Anfield.....GIF? ;)

But even though the results weren't that bad for 3/4 of 13/14 the football was pretty much horrendous and then we got the wierd mish mash of this season, same as 13/14 up to December and then the bizarre change to just passing it around for the sake of it while still being devoid of any goalscoring.

It's worth remembering what Hairyhands was saying on here last season until he disappeared. Whoever he was (and I have a good idea) it was clearly a little insight into Lambert's mentality as HH stated at the time the plan was to stay up at all costs for the first two seasons and then he claimed things would get better from that point e.g. more money for better quality players.

The day after he was sacked there was a report along those lines that it had changed due to Lerner putting the club up for sale and so the dynamics again required him looking at the bargain bucket for players although more experienced ones this time.

In the end he probably assembled our best squad since 2010 seeing as we do have reasonable international standard players in most positions currently but the end product was simply woeful.

Hopefully in 18 months time under Sherwood I think most of us will look back in bewilderment at the Lambert reign wondering how on earth it lasted 2 and a half years and how he had little in the way of fan protest compared to what McLeish (in the end) and Houllier received. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â