Paul Lambert

limpid

I think there are many facets to being a decent manager he had some good points but ultimately too many weaknesses to be a success with us.

I think he's a good judge of a player and in general seemed to have the players on his side.

He was however a poor coach who wasn't able to inspire, he arrived someone who was positive and always looking to get a result (dare I say as Sherwood is now!) but he ended up very negative and with a worse scoring record than McCleish who was the most negative Villa manager I could remember.

At the end of the day, he had no clue how to move the team forward. He got too conservative when things got bad, and it all snowballed. He went into a shell, and the team needed the exact opposite kind of leadership.

He'll land on his feet, and as long as he doesn't spend money like Stephen Ireland, he'll be fine.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

At the end of the day, he had no clue how to move the team forward. He got too conservative when things got bad, and it all snowballed. He went into a shell, and the team needed the exact opposite kind of leadership.

He'll land on his feet, and as long as he doesn't spend money like Stephen Ireland, he'll be fine.

Spot on.

Speaking and looking well on Football Focus at the moment. Still complimentry towards us.

Mumbling you mean

Just hearing his voice again sends shivers down my spine

Wow. Time to move on?

Class act.

I assume you aren't talking about his managerial ability. 

As a bloke, seems a decent chap. Ultimately you don't win prizes for that 

He should have been so much more. It still makes me sad.

"Should" suggests that he had unfulfilled ability. I'd argue that he wasn't capable of anything better and never will be. There is nothing he is actually good at.

• Like 1

Class act.

I assume you aren't talking about his managerial ability.

As a bloke, seems a decent chap. Ultimately you don't win prizes for that

You do when you get the Celtic job (in fact you just have to turn up in order to win prizes there) and I fully expect Lambert to take the job at Parkhead at some point in the not too distant future, win the SPL and be declared a managerial genius by all his Scottish pals.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just remembered the whole 'false narrative' rubbish that was used when defending him.

I've just thought about what to have for dinner tomorrow.

Probably chicken.

• Like 2

Not sure what that's got to do with Lambert. Unless it's in honour of his gutless managerial performance here? If that's what we're doing then I will also have chicken in recognition of what a coward our past manager was. I like it.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â