Paul Lambert

limpid

He'd take some of the blame.

BUt he left us in the relegation zone on goal difference.

We were not and are not unsaveable.

The right appointment would have kept us up.

It remains to be seen if we've made that.

• Like 4

When he was here we didn't get relegated. I won't be blaming him if we go down whilst he's no longer a part of club.

Very simplistic and ridiculous view imo, Lambert wont be at all to blame if we go down because he kept us up in the previous seasons?

Lerner has to take the majority of the blame for the overall situation over the last few seasons but Lambert has played a big part in bringing the team to its knees this season. I just don't understand how he could let it get so bad?

• Like 1

no good blaming lambert if we go down because at the end of the day he left us with 13 games to go or something like that and in the bottom three on goal difference only. we  have plenty of time to get out of it and there are enough poor teams fighting it out with us. i mean look at our squad compared to some of the teams, on paper we should not be in the bottom three so a lot has to go down to the players and surely professional footballers who get paid way too much money should be able to work out for themselves how to play decent effective football and how to beat teams. id blame lerner and the players over lambert anyday of the week, fact is lambert has gone now so no more excuses and lets move on and let him move on.

• Like 1

Strikes me as odd that the more quality he added, the worse we got. I just think he is a very poor manager, but a brilliant scout.

I blame Lerner for keeping Lambert on for so long after it was so obvious Lambert was not the right man for the job. 

I blame Lambert for wasting more money than lots of teams in the league had during his tenure and providing us, on the whole, with an awful product to watch.

When he was here we didn't get relegated. I won't be blaming him if we go down whilst he's no longer a part of club.

He'll be partly to blame along with other people 

• Like 1

no good blaming lambert if we go down because at the end of the day he left us with 13 games to go or something like that and in the bottom three on goal difference only. we  have plenty of time to get out of it and there are enough poor teams fighting it out with us. i mean look at our squad compared to some of the teams, on paper we should not be in the bottom three so a lot has to go down to the players and surely professional footballers who get paid way too much money should be able to work out for themselves how to play decent effective football and how to beat teams. id blame lerner and the players over lambert anyday of the week, fact is lambert has gone now so no more excuses and lets move on and let him move on.

The problem is that confidence was already shot to pieces by the time he left. I still don't quite understand how after 3 wins out of our first 4 games he could let it get to this.

We would've got plenty more points on the board if we'd kept up the counter attacking, get it forward quickly style. Yes it was horrible to watch but we were at least collecting points.

The decision to change to the zombie passing and building up has killed us I think and certainly meant we completely messed up the reasonably easy xmas/new year games.

We would've got plenty more points on the board if we'd kept up the counter attacking, get it forward quickly style. Yes it was horrible to watch but we were at least collecting points.

The decision to change to the zombie passing and building up has killed us I think and certainly meant we completely messed up the reasonably easy xmas/new year games.

I was talking about this last night. Where the **** did that come from? It's that barmy decision which ruined us IMO. We had recovered, won two on the bounce and come away with a credible draw against Manchester United and then that!

Absolute nutter.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I was talking about this last night. Where the **** did that come from? It's that barmy decision which ruined us IMO. We had recovered, won two on the bounce and come away with a credible draw against Manchester United and then that!

Absolute nutter.

IIRC the change in style came before those two wins, not after.

The 'new style' was implemented after the visit to the Bayern training camp which was during the week leading up to the Leicester game IIRC.

Edited by Isa

Lambert takes a huge amount of the blame if we go down. He left us in the relegation zone with the team playing some of the worst football I have ever seen a Villa side play.

Yep. He really did the damage. The squad we have is good enough for mid-table and Lambert was on his way to sending us down in last place. You can't really blame Sherwood too much if/when we go down. Lambert was sacked for a reason, he was a ***** manager.

Edited by villa89

He's number one to blame for me.

We shouldn't have been down where we were (are), playing the garbage we were (are) when he left.

Lerner is a terrible, terrible owner, but the team we had (have) were not relegation bad.

Sherwood can't be as bad as him. He literally can't, because I don't think any manager at any club in the Premier League will ever have a run like Lambert had without getting sacked. It was farcical it was allowed to continue.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â