Paul Lambert

limpid

Probably nothing, i know William Hill and Skybet were 1/3 and 2/7 in the betting.

Pappy Power were evens, but within an hour they have cut the odds to 4/11

Now thats interesting.

Interesting in what way? Really wouldn't read much into betting. Remember Bob Bradley being favourite for the job.

Paddy Power usually stand pretty firm in their odds.  Like i said , probably nothing

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

I had really hoped we'd act today, I have no idea how someone this bad has kept this job for so long and he he could possibly keep it further.

I wanted him here but he's failed. At the moment he is the major issue at the club. Randy Lerner is not the reason the last 20 games have been abysmal, that's down to the manager and he needs to be sacked because of it.

• Like 3

The more I think about it , Laudrup would be just what we need.

A well respected ex player , premier league experience . Looks like a no non-sence manager .

Lerner would probably appoint the wrong brother.

Quite frankly I would take anyone

Even Stig Tofting- at least he would scare everyone.

Bloody Hell - I'd take Stig of the Dump!

Lambert and Lerner have dumped on us we might as well get our own back with Stig!!! :angry:

Do we think something might be going on behind the scenes?

It would be typical of how our club is managed for a new manager to be announced before Lambert's departure.

Lambert equal to the players and only 20%? God that's lenient.

The players are performing poorly because they're not used correctly and clearly aren't coached in any meaningful way.

Lerners the reason we aren't a top half team. His financial restrictions are not the reason for this horrendous run of form.

• Like 1

The players are performing poorly because they're not used correctly and clearly aren't coached in any meaningful way.

Lerners the reason we aren't a top half team. His financial restrictions are not the reason for this horrendous run of form.

Disagree. Lambert, in spite of what people might say isn't clueless. The players have to take as much blame and I think its a cop out to say they are performing badly because they aren't coached properly. They have brains and have talent, if something isn't going right then they are allowed to do something different. If i'm at work and things aren't going well because my manager has told me to do something a particular way then I will use my initiative and try another way.

Lerner is the biggest part of the problem and will be for any manager working under him, its as simple as that.

Yes the personal abuse towards someone who seems to have always given 100%, more than a lot of his playing staff have done in the same period and let's not forget Lambert has always backed his players publicly to protect them as much as possible, is a bit too much for me. He's clearly not an idiot, a cretin or whatever else ge's thrown at him, he's taken on a massive challenge made harder for him by the owner and he's come up short after losing his assistants etc along the way too.

The very least that the owner and Tom Fox hould be looking ot do is employ some coaches and a great assistant to help him out, seeing as he's actually put together a fairly strong first 11 (the strong squad stuff is a bit of a stretch but we do have on paper a good first XI now).

Still, I think they should be getting someone else in, someone with good preoven tactical abilities and a training ground manager/coach.

Yes

So, in his own best career interests and the club he serves, he should be man enough to go with grace.

With his record, sticking around just for the paycheck is disrespecting Aston Villa FC and its fans.

Edited by Grasshopper

Not defending Lambert by any means but some of those players should hang their heads in shame.

Benteke, Gabby to name but two have hardly tried a leg the past two months and that hasn't been down to bad management.

Far too easy to put all the blame on Lambert.

• Like 4

Disagree. Lambert, in spite of what people might say isn't clueless. The players have to take as much blame and I think its a cop out to say they are performing badly because they aren't coached properly. They have brains and have talent, if something isn't going right then they are allowed to do something different. If i'm at work and things aren't going well because my manager has told me to do something a particular way then I will use my initiative and try another way.

Lerner is the biggest part of the problem and will be for any manager working under him, its as simple as that.

How can the manager be as equal with the players. They're the ones told to play a certain way and play in certain positions.

I wonder if you'd rate them as equal if we were top 8.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

Not defending Lambert by any means but some of those players should hang their heads in shame.

Benteke, Gabby to name but two have hardly tried a leg the past two months and that hasn't been down to bad management.

Far too easy to put all the blame on Lambert.

You don't need to clarify that you aren't defending him mate. He is beyond defence at this point. Your point is spot on as well.

Â