Paul Lambert

limpid

The club may be improving behind the scenes, but where it truly matters I have never seen it so bad.

I'd even argue that it isn't improving behind the scenes. The same man is at the very top and is the single biggest reason we are where we are in terms of shelling out buttons each season to maintain a Premier League squad at a time of unprecedented riches. I don't regard the hiring of a sticking plaster to cover a gaping wound to be any kind of tangible improvement. I find it baffling that these recruitments are happening at all in the current climate at VP. The mixed signals make my head spin.

We are not improving behind the scenes were a club in total freefall in every aspect, improving finances wont mean shit when we lose out on 100's of millions because were relegated. We're an absolute joke and Lamberts record is completely indefensible to even his most staunch suporters now, what excuse does he have?

The scariest thing for me is that Fox and Lerner will still back him after this. The media should be going mental, but the fact is they won't.

The media on twitter have turned on him and the club  tonight , there is no getting away from how poor we are.

The club may be improving behind the scenes, but where it truly matters I have never seen it so bad.

I'd even argue that it isn't improving behind the scenes. The same man is at the very top and is the single biggest reason we are where we are in terms of shelling out buttons each season to maintain a Premier League squad at a time of unprecedented riches. I don't regard the hiring of a sticking plaster to cover a gaping wound to be any kind of tangible improvement. I find it baffling that these recruitments are happening at all in the current climate at VP. The mixed signals make my head spin.

Looks rather foolish when your hire a chief commercial office and he is quoted as saying "I am particularly looking forward to working with a senior management team that understands the opportunity that the Premier League's global television reach offers clubs today '' the very same day the team puts in another woeful non goalscoring performance and slip into the relegation zone.

I would agree. What I meant is, we hired someone of Tom Fox's caliber.  I w.as surprised we got him the way things have been going.

Looks rather foolish when your hire a chief commercial office and he is quoted as saying "I am particularly looking forward to working with a senior management team that understands the opportunity that the Premier League's global television reach offers clubs today '' the very same day the team puts in another woeful non goalscoring performance and slip into the relegation zone.
They don't think we will go down, I'm sure of it. They think, somehow, we will escape.

>We have done it twice before and have a better squad with more experience<

They can't see past that, and the fact Lambert doesn't cause problems.

Edited by DK82

I'm baffled to how Lambert is so sure we will get safe. There is nothing to indicate that we have any chance. It's not a blip in form it's a copitualtion nearing on self destruction. I fear if we do go we will end up like Leeds. I've just got back for one of the worst performances I can think of against a team who are in as bad as form as us. It's a joke. It's time for Lambert to do the right thing and admit it isn't working. 11 days to save our club.

Whilst we're in touching distance of safety Lerner isn't going to sack him. I think in the coming days the club will release a statement which will esentially be a vote of confidence. Don't be surprised to see Randy jetting in soon too, to give the players a pep talk it's something he often does when things are looking hairy.

Are you for real ? An inept chairman , giving a pep talk to this team , instead of the inept manager , yea , I can really see that being the catalyst .

Whilst we're in touching distance of safety Lerner isn't going to sack him. I think in the coming days the club will release a statement which will esentially be a vote of confidence. Don't be surprised to see Randy jetting in soon too, to give the players a pep talk it's something he often does when things are looking hairy.

Are you for real ? An inept chairman , giving a pep talk to this team , instead of the inept manager , yea , I can really see that being the catalyst .

What are you talking about? Am I for real. It's something that Randy has done on more than one occasion in the past, as report by the local and national press. I didn't say it would be a catalyst.

What I think will end up happening is this:

We continue to falter in the league while the board still back Lambert citing his experience in keeping us up in previous seasons. When we go down this changes to backing Lambert because he has a history of promotions with Norwich. Despite protests, the board still stick with him and we go into the new season with Lambert still in charge. I think the board's plan then will be to see how things work out with regards to promotion and if we're not on track for automatic promotion by Christmas they'll get rid then, at which point we'll probably have horrendously low attendances.

We continue to falter in the league while the board still back Lambert citing his experience in keeping us up in previous seasons. When we go down this changes to backing Lambert because he has a history of promotions with Norwich. Despite protests, the board still stick with him and we go into the new season with Lambert still in charge. I think the board's plan then will be to see how things work out with regards to promotion and if we're not on track for automatic promotion by Christmas they'll get rid then, at which point we'll probably have horrendously low attendances.

I dont care what anyone says about this statement but if Lambert is here after this summer regardless of what happens between now and then i am disowning this club until Lerner and Lambert are both gone.

I hope you're wrong. I fear you're not.

Obviously I made a lot of assumptions there, but if I had to pick one single most likely outcome it would be that. I just can't see Lerner sacking Lambert immediately even if we go down. I just get the impression that they'll back him until the precedents run out.

Edited by Mantis

Ten goals less than any other team in the PL

Eleven goals less than any team in the championship, Division 1 or 2

Worse by -5 Goal difference than any other PL team

Two wins in 21 games

Bottom based on ten game form guide

Why is he still here?

Sorry Paul, but its time to go.

We need some fresh ideas and motivation, something you no longer bring to the team.

Glenn Hoddle is my realistic pick as the replacement, now. 

Andre Villas-Boas would be my long term target.

Â