Paul Lambert

limpid

Just read we have only scored 4 second half goals in 41 games.

I haven't checked but good god that is just utterly atrocious.

Those half time talks, eh?

If they are as inspiring and his pre and post match comments its no suprise, They are all probably totally baffled and half asleep when the come out for the second half!

Funny but I just can't laugh.

How few would we have had to score for those who back him, both within the club and supporters, to decide he wasn't working ?

3? 2? 1? 0?

If that is correct then I have to say that does make you question what is being said at half time. You'd hope that a manager would use that 15 minutes to put across to the players a few little chinks in the opposition that he will have identified during the first half. You'd also hope that a manager would be making substitutions to change the game in a positive way. Clearly if this stat is correct then this is hardly ever happening. It would be interesting to see how many we have conceded in the second half during that same period but I'd be confident in saying it will be at least 5 times the amount we have scored.

I have to say you look at all these diabolical stats and it is at the stage now where I am struggling to think of any manager that has kept his job with anything even approaching what Lambert has overseen. Him keeping his job is really the stuff of friction but sadly we are living out the reality of it.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

..I was so shocked at our second half scoring exploits I had a wee look.

I know we all know the stats are bad but the last 12 months, comprising 38 games, is Won 8, Drawn 9, lost 21 scoring 24 and conceding 59..!!..getting 33 points with a negative goal difference of 35.

Now our last 19, won 2, drawn 6, lost 11, conceding 29 and scoring......7.

Or 12 points and -22 goal difference.

That starkly tells me that from being relegation form we have gone significantly below that.

Or is this a false narrative Mr fox et al ?

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

If they are as inspiring and his pre and post match comments its no suprise, They are all probably totally baffled and half asleep when the come out for the second half!

How few would we have had to score for those who back him, both within the club and supporters, to decide he wasn't working ?

3? 2? 1? 0?

Another comment on posters who continue to back the manager. Why does it matter? Why are you looking for a point at which some people may or may not change their mind?  Why is that important for you?  Do you need it to help justify your opinion in your own mind? I suspect not.  Do you need it so you can look forward to a point at which you can post "ahh told you so" or some such posts? Again I suspect not.  So why does it matter when / if or ever another person who holds a slightly different opinion changes?

• Like 1

3? 2? 1? 0?

Another comment on posters who continue to back the manager. Why does it matter? Why are you looking for a point at which some people may or may not change their mind?  Why is that important for you?  Do you need it to help justify your opinion in your own mind? I suspect not.  Do you need it so you can look forward to a point at which you can post "ahh told you so" or some such posts? Again I suspect not.  So why does it matter when / if or ever another person who holds a slightly different opinion changes?

There's plenty of justification for sacking him, results for example. Whats is your justification for keeping him. Its a forum im entitled to ask, yeah?

He has the club walking on water as it stands. He kept us afloat last season and the season before and did the same for Norwich. That's reason enough not to sack him. There's no one better to qualified to manage the team right now.

• Like 1

My feelings towards the fans still claiming Lambert is worth sticking with is a mixture of pity and jealousy.

I wish I could be so positive and have such belief in something that is clearly not working.

We are going down.

• Like 1

He has the club walking on water as it stands. He kept us afloat last season and the season before and did the same for Norwich. That's reason enough not to sack him. There's no one better to qualified to manage the team right now.

The results were completely different last season chap, still shit, but different. And we managed to score goals. This season has gone way way beyond him being the best to save us from the big one!

Its very difficult to make a case for him staying now. Yes he's worked under financial restrictions, however he should be getting a lot more out of this squad of players than he has and no goals in 6 games and only 11 all season are good enough reasons to say enoughs enough. 

Edited by PaulC

3? 2? 1? 0?

There's plenty of justification for sacking him, results for example. Whats is your justification for keeping him. Its a forum im entitled to ask, yeah?

People have asked.  people have answered.

People still ask,  still ridicule actually,  perhaps because they are not happy with the answer,  perhaps because the only answer they will be happy with is "you know what you are right I dont support him Lambert out" perhaps that is the only answer they truly want who knows but as its a forum I'm entitled to ask why do you keep persisting in asking , yeah?

• Like 1

Its very difficult to make a case for him staying now. Yes he's worked under financial restrictions, however he should be getting a lot more out of this squad of players than he has and no goals in 6 games and only 11 all season are good enough reasons to say enoughs enough. 

Yes they are good enough reasons, thing is though now with 15 games to go and no transfer window to work with, a very difficult job in terms of what they might have to work with in teh summer. Possibility of new owners in the summer so maybe you only have a job for 5 months and your players know it. Who do we get in under those conditions? 

If there's a good candidate I'm all for it BTW, hopefully they'd bring an assistant and a feel good factor that could get us a few wins in the run of 6 very important games that start with the Hull fixture.

Trouble is I have a feeling neither they or their assistants exist, and I very much doubt Lerner will pull the trigger unless we actually do get relegated and even then maybe not! Shit state of affairs by all accounts.

It's a discussion board.  As long as they're not being abusive, it's a perfectly fair question.

• Like 2

which has been answered before,  several times

and it's not just a simple question risso it is worded in such a way "how can you possibly still support him it's ridiculous"

Edited by Richard

3? 2? 1? 0?

People have asked.  people have answered.

People still ask,  still ridicule actually,  perhaps because they are not happy with the answer,  perhaps because the only answer they will be happy with is "you know what you are right I dont support him Lambert out" perhaps that is the only answer they truly want who knows but as its a forum I'm entitled to ask why do you keep persisting in asking , yeah?

Im not ridiculing at all, far from it, I actually respect you opinion. But even in that babble, you have not answered the question we are within our right on a forum to ask?

and it's not just a simple question risso it is worded in such a way "how can you possibly still support him it's ridiculous"

I think you're putting words in that poster's mouth.

What he posted was:

3? 2? 1? 0?

• Like 1

It's definitely not ridiculous, I still support him, just about, although Saturday was another shambles as he got the whole game completely wrong in my opinion. 

However, my support is premised on a belief that with the squad we have we can actually have a decent end to the season. If that doesn't happen and we end up 15th or below again then I think we have to look at making a change in the summer because for me the excuses about money and squad strength etc - which have been entirely valid - are starting to lose their edge now. He ought to be able to fashion a decent side with the tools now at his disposal and I want to see evidence that my faith in him hasn't been misplaced. 

More than that, if Fox is serious about trying to convince sponsors (let alone players) that we are indeed on some kind of a journey then we're going to need to take some optimism into the close season, or else a clean break might be a better move for all parties. 

Am I being fair here, Richard?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â