Paul Lambert

limpid

So in our first 4 games we picked up 10 points. In the following 18 games we have picked up 12 points.. WHAT THE ****!!!

A lot of people said the first four games were not a sign of things to come.

But it was enough for Lambert to get a new contract!  :(

Better performance yesterday, especially when Gil came on. If Baker hadn't fluffed his lines I'm pretty certain we would have got something. No excuse for starting Cleverley at all, let alone at RW. We need to go back to our counter attacking game for the next two but with Gil and perhaps another we can play a bit with the ball too.

Scoreline looks bad but we'll pick up points if we play as we did second half.

We always play well against Liverplop as the attacking way they play, we haven't turned a corner. The 15 attempts was due to there sticky defence. This was by no means a good Liverpool performance and remember we beat them at the begining of the season with a us having a more limited squad

Its good trying to be positive and I have respect for that. But please 1 game does not mean we are about to turn a corner, we need true justifications for Lambert to come good, something which I believe just isn't gonna come. 

Edited by foreveryoung

I think the reason Lerner doesn't sack him is that he can't be bothered. Thats why Im kinda supportive of the protests - Lerner will take the easy option - if the protests tip it so that keeping Lambert is more hassle than its worth, then he may act

Disappointing result, I think if we'd taken one of our chances after half time we could have got a draw.

Fair enough but I honestly think Liverpool had more gears in them also not to mention the Sterling chance in the first half to make it 0-2 after half an hour; if that had gone in I fear the atmopshere would've gone sour very quickly.

It's on a bit of an ice at the moment but you feel he is one really bad result away from a very nasty atmosphere this is why I think he played 4 central midfielders  from the start in order to make sure it was kept tight.

Disappointing result, I think if we'd taken one of our chances after half time we could have got a draw.

Fair enough but I honestly think Liverpool had more gears in them also not to mention the Sterling chance in the first half to make it 0-2 after half an hour; if that had gone in I fear the atmopshere would've gone sour very quickly.

It's on a bit of an ice at the moment but you feel he is one really bad result away from a very nasty atmosphere this is why I think he played 4 central midfielders from the start in order to make sure it was kept tight.

Well of course Liverpool might have stepped up and scored another.

I'm not saying we definitely would have gotten a result, just that we COULD have gotten a draw.

Another game, another defeat and another blank in front of goal. I should be more upset but Lambert and Lerner have almost made me not care about the club anymore with the appalling way they are running things there.

I don't think Lambert will ever be able to turn it around. We are well past the point of no return. The thing is, we have some decent players at this club and I credit Lambert with that. He just seems unable to get anything out of them. We need a change desperately

I know I am leaving myself wide open for someone to come back at me and say the Liverpool team cost x amount of millions but that for me yesterday was one of the poorest Liverpool sides I have seen for a good few years. Especially defensively where they looked very shaky.

Really though, and I am as guilty as others, but discussing yesterdays game in isolation is for the match thread I guess. I acknowledge that we have played well in a number of individual games this season and I like others could make an argument that if this had happened, if so and so hadn't missed this chance or hadn't been sent off etc, etc then we'd have won. All teams, especially those who struggle, will have an if only tale to tell. Also as I have said previously one good game, or half game, is also no indication that better things are likely to follow. In fact in our case it is probably the opposite.

The bigger picture is obviously what really matters and it makes diabolical reading for Lambert so it is for that reason, and not how well we have or haven't played in individual games, that means it is now time for him to be sacked.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

I have a question. If we lose to Bournemouth, Arsenal and Chelsea, does anyone think that Lerner will shock us all and sack Lambert?

If we lose these 3 games (which isn't unrealistic, at all), we will have suffered another loss to a lower league team (albeit a team on the up), we will have lost 5 games in a row, we'll have not won for 10 league games and we'll probably be in the bottom 3.

Does anyone think Lerner will drop the axe, trying to protect his investment, and do what he's never done before? Sacking a manager mid-season?

Yesterday's game wasn't the concern for me, Liverpool have much bigger resources than we have and really, they should be beating us. My issue is the games against Leicester, WBA, Palace, Sunderland and to a lesser extent Swansea. Teams in and around us and we didn't score a single goal against them. 

• Like 2

That Lambert started with Cleverly (and Gabby) yesterday were his biggest mistakes. Had Gil and Wiemann started I believe it may have been a different game/result. I am no great fan of Wiemann but at least he works hard and gives us some options. Gabby is living on his past reputation and in no longer a starter for me. He epitomised our problems yesterday. On several occasions when the ball went long to Benteke, Gabby was literally strolling and making no effort to race forward in support.

Up till recently I have kept quiet about Lambert but now find it almost impossible to defend him. He has bought some good/very good players in Sanchez, Okore, Westwood, Benteke and hopefully Gil but he doesn't seem to have the tactical nous to make them function as a team.

All that said I still don't think we will get relegated IF Gil starts in the key AM role, we retain Delph and Gabby is only starting from the bench. We will probably get spanked by Chelsea and Arsenal. From mid February onwards it has to click. If it doesn't Lambert is a dead man walking.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Whether goals come or not, whether his cheap purchases sell for a profit, whether he's been denied funds, nothing matters but the statistics that we have only scored 11 league goals this season and have only 12 points from the last 52 available.

Our football is mostly poor and Lambert does not appear to have a clue as to how to turn it around. It doesn't matter who we all have as our first choice to replace him, any of us could get that team of players scoring goals and playing more enjoyable football. Those players aren't as bad as he's getting them them to look.

Without any doubts at all, it is time for Lerner to show some balls and sack him before he finds himself advertising a Championship football club. If by some miracle it isn't this season we go down, the inevitable will happen soon.

Agree with a lot of that.

Just one small thing though it is 12 points from the last 54 available. :thumb:

With Arsenal away and Chelsea at home coming up next in the league it could soon be 12 points from the last 60 available.

Keep the faith though ;)

I think you forgot to post the bit about net spend

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â