Paul Lambert

limpid

To those who keep saying we're 12th. Just curious, if we were say 14th/15th right now would your opinion be any different?

I'm not one for pointing to where we are in the table all the time, but if we were in 14th/15th right now my opinion would probably be different, mainly because the facts would be different. When the facts change my opinion changes. It seems a logical way of doing things.

Yep I'd go a long with that. Some would call you fickle but I agree. If facts change then so can opinions based on them.

Yea but creating imaginary scenarios is way more fun Straggler, especially if it suits your argument!

Would you be happy if we were bottom of the Conference North and just lost 100-0 against Kiddy Harriers - I CERTAINLY WOULDN'T!!! #RAGE.

Oh man, If that happened i'd be so pissed off!

Come off it, we all know what you're like! You'd be mildly frustrated but would mainly see positives ;)
  • Like 3

Yea but creating imaginary scenarios is way more fun Straggler, especially if it suits your argument!

Would you be happy if we were bottom of the Conference North and just lost 100-0 against Kiddy Harriers - I CERTAINLY WOULDN'T!!! #RAGE.

Oh man, If that happened i'd be so pissed off!

Come off it, we all know what you're like! You'd be mildly frustrated but would mainly see positives ;)

Maybe I should have used the words "slightly miffed"   ;)

Our analysis counts for nothing.

whether we are positive or negative....so what?....its the managers job to be positive, whether he really believes what he is saying or just doing it for effect ( to help keep his job)

Our job....is just to report if we have been entertained or not.....thats what we go for or decide not to go for.

TRO that's the best and most consice comment I've read in a while but the final paragraph should really say 'our job is to bitch and moan and go into apoplexy' but really good post mate!

Thank you

....Despite all my frustration....still love em....the club, I mean.

Edited by TRO

Mate they are in our blood. No matter what can never turn your back on them. Let's hope we get our act in order for the second half of the season.

That's all very worthy, but several thousand people HAVE turned their back on them, and the club/team/manager aren't exactly giving them many good reasons to come back.  The people "moaning" on here aren't the problem, it's the 10,000 people who to go regularly who have found something they consider better to do with their time.

• Like 3

Mate they are in our blood. No matter what can never turn your back on them. Let's hope we get our act in order for the second half of the season.

That's all very worthy, but several thousand people HAVE turned their back on them, and the club/team/manager aren't exactly giving them many good reasons to come back.  The people "moaning" on here aren't the problem, it's the 10,000 people who to go regularly who have found something they consider better to do with their time.

The comment about "moaning" was in jest (as can be seen by the emoticon)! - Yeah but sad bastards like me can't turn their back on a club they have supported for nigh on all his life! Personally I don't give a flying f**k (the club might but I don't) about those turning their backs -it's their choice and good luck to them just as it is mine.

I'll be here when the good times come (if ever) but they MIGHT come back when the good times are back and then disappear again - no problem with that you makes your choice!

And this is not a better fan post nor a rant at them - just personal opinion.

• Like 3

The comment about "moaning" was in jest (as can be seen by the emoticon)! - Yeah but sad bastards like me can't turn their back on a club they have supported for nigh on all his life! Personally I don't give a flying f**k (the club might but I don't) about those turning their backs -it's their choice and good luck to them just as it is mine.

I'll be here when the good times come (if ever) but they MIGHT come back when the good times are back and then disappear again - no problem with that you makes your choice!

I agree Naz, everyone is free to choose.

Throughout my history supporting the club we have had many times like the present situation. I cannot deny that there have been several times when I lapsed for a bunch of reasons but like a bad penny I came rolling back in the belief that "things can only get better" today, tomorrow, next week, next month/year.

That said I was never one of those who refused to turn up "as long as Turner/McNeill/ellis/Lerner/Lambert/mcleish" is/was in charge - if I want to protest, I marched, wrote letters blah, blah but I wasn't going to cut my nose to spite my face - I ALWAYS believed salvation was round the corner and that there was a danger if I didnt attend I would miss something.

Undeniably, recently I have found the trips up and down from Bournemouth pretty difficult but I put that down to the fact that am not getting any younger! There is no denying that things are not great but I always felt that it was better to go than not. My club etc

Many years ago (October 1968 - Carlisle I think?) I remember standing on the Holte in one of the lowest crowds we have ever had - I thought was 13K but maybe 14K - the average for the whole season was 19K the lowest till that point since 1908! I

It was pissing down, VP and the Holte End especially was like a graveyard BUT strangely I was proud that despite everything I was there. I fully understood why people had turned their backs and were frustrated but that wasn't for me - "Keep the faith, through thick and thin" was the mantra the hardcore fans kept repeating.

As you know the following year the "Villa Revolution" kicked in and despite some more ups and down within 12/13 years we were back at the very top and it was an incredible ride - the 70s were amazing, the early 80s were indescribable! No doubt many will think I am daft but I live in hope and believe that we will see glory again. 

When I do decide to "hang up my boots" and stop the fortnightly trips to VP, I will be able to say I was of the lucky ones who saw it all apart from winning the FA Cup (maybe this year :-) )  I hope for the sake of those that were not around in the 70s that they also get to experience the same in their lifetimes!

KTF! UTV!

The downer of seeing us relegated to the 3rd div didnt seem so bad at the time for me because I was so young and new to football.

The sound of the Holte End singing, the Villa colours and the Majestic name "ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB" tatooed itself on my heart and will never fade as long as my heart beats.

The 70's was an amazing rise and the early 80's the reward for being a fan.

I feel very lucky to have lived through these times as a teenager and there's nothing more that I could wish for, for the Premier League era fans to witness too.

onward and upwards, we really need our club to get it's act together, it will take time but anything is possible if you do things the right way.

We need a new directive, leadership (on and off the pitch), but most of all we need to reduce and cut out as many mistakes as possible to get the snowball rolling forward.

A CHANGE MUST COME

Villa forever

• Like 4

i love the fact that i'm not the only old fart on here,remember being really down as a kid when we sold bruce rioch.my grandad said it will be ok as we'll unearth a gem who would be even better and lead us into the promised land and he was right.the great brian little,promotion to the second div and then 74/75,still one of the greatest seasons for me.80/81 and 81/82 were great(so was 76/77 come to think of it) but getting promoted back to the big time after all those years was fantastic,still remember the song-going up-shit singing it now as i'm typing this.what a sad old basket i am.

great though  :thumb: 

Edited by krisagg75
  • Like 4

I agree Naz, everyone is free to choose.

Throughout my history supporting the club we have had many times like the present situation. I cannot deny that there have been several times when I lapsed for a bunch of reasons but like a bad penny I came rolling back in the belief that "things can only get better" today, tomorrow, next week, next month/year.

That said I was never one of those who refused to turn up "as long as Turner/McNeill/ellis/Lerner/Lambert/mcleish" is/was in charge - if I want to protest, I marched, wrote letters blah, blah but I wasn't going to cut my nose to spite my face - I ALWAYS believed salvation was round the corner and that there was a danger if I didnt attend I would miss something.

Undeniably, recently I have found the trips up and down from Bournemouth pretty difficult but I put that down to the fact that am not getting any younger! There is no denying that things are not great but I always felt that it was better to go than not. My club etc

Many years ago (October 1968 - Carlisle I think?) I remember standing on the Holte in one of the lowest crowds we have ever had - I thought was 13K but maybe 14K - the average for the whole season was 19K the lowest till that point since 1908! I

It was pissing down, VP and the Holte End especially was like a graveyard BUT strangely I was proud that despite everything I was there. I fully understood why people had turned their backs and were frustrated but that wasn't for me - "Keep the faith, through thick and thin" was the mantra the hardcore fans kept repeating.

As you know the following year the "Villa Revolution" kicked in and despite some more ups and down within 12/13 years we were back at the very top and it was an incredible ride - the 70s were amazing, the early 80s were indescribable! No doubt many will think I am daft but I live in hope and believe that we will see glory again. 

When I do decide to "hang up my boots" and stop the fortnightly trips to VP, I will be able to say I was of the lucky ones who saw it all apart from winning the FA Cup (maybe this year :-) )  I hope for the sake of those that were not around in the 70s that they also get to experience the same in their lifetimes!

KTF! UTV!

Yeah Mike - same as you - seen them win all but the FA Cup. Been there when we were at the lowest (this is NOTHING) compared to the day we sat on the pitch after Preston North End at VP and the meeting @ digbeth civic hall an the revolution. 

We old farts have been here and will always be here until we pop our clogs - but no matter what - no matter how much we all bitch and moan - Villa will still be around after we are all gone!

• Like 2

some real great post here, being born in 1967  i was lucky to really start understanding football at the right time, and Lucky my family was all Villa fans,my Grandad and other  fans raising money for roof on the holte by selling lottery tickets was the family story.

my dad taking us to villa park, me at about 13 threatening my sister with a slap if she kept shouting " I love you Gary"  down my ear.. " watch the frigging football"

Great days 

of course the best place to stand was the right side :)     " The Right Side" 

I love our history and our name :)

what i dont miss is the little tiny shed for match day memorabilia  , a circle forming for some one who couldn`t walk 50 yards to toilets

Edited by walesavfc
  • Like 1

Lambert's ability to never answer the question he is asked in a press conference is staggering. I'm half way through his Leicester press conference and I don't think he answered a straight question.

You've got more endurance than I have! I gave up listening to anything Lambert says about a season and a half ago. He never gives a straight opinion  or appears to recognise the reality of what has been happening to Villa on his watch.

Lambert's ability to never answer the question he is asked in a press conference is staggering. I'm half way through his Leicester press conference and I don't think he answered a straight question.

Are you sure or is it that you couldn't understand a word that he mumbled?

Are you sure or is it that you couldn't understand a word that he mumbled?

Probably a combination of both to be honest.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â