Paul Lambert

limpid

Everyone asked last season to improve the defence, he did.

Give him an improved deal before we lose him ffs.

Its not hard to shore up a defence when he has got nearly every player prioritizing defence over attack. It has now sacrificed our goals scored. We need balance something I don't think Lambert will ever find!!

5 points off 19th place now with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool to play amongst our next 4 league games.

Leicester has become a huge game.

Lambert has always managed to pull a result out just as things are getting really nasty. Can he keep doing it? Don't beat Leicester and by the end of Jan we could be looking in trouble.

We're still creating chances though, we just need our strikers to start putting them away. It's not like Lambert has any great striking options available either. Bent's passed it, Kozak's still injured and he's already playing all 3 of our recognised strikers. Maybe get a striker on loan in January??

We're still creating chances though, we just need our strikers to start putting them away. It's not like Lambert has any great striking options available either. Bent's passed it, Kozak's still injured and he's already playing all 3 of our recognised strikers. Maybe get a striker on loan in January??

Then try a different system. He's had 2 and a half years to work on movement and attacking ideas. We do nothing in the final 3rd though.

To me Everton are proof at the moment that good managers make a difference. Martinez struggling with what some may say is a better team than Moyes had,

Funnily enough though people were using this same argument about Martinez and Everton last season but it was reversed.

• Like 4

I'd call it half chances e.g. pot shots from distances and crosses that sort of end up at a players feet.

Real chances like Benteke one on one on the keeper a few times a game, not happening. 

Theoretically speaking we could carry on as we are and not be relegated, by which I mean we could play our remaining 18 matches, conceding nothing due to our improved defence but scoring nothing due to our woeful attack, and end up with the magical 40 points that's theoretically needed to remain in the Prem. But can anyone really see us not losing another match before the end of the season? Having an improved defence is great, don't get me wrong, but goals have to start coming from somewhere, and so far I see no evidence that even if Lambert bought in better players he'd know what to do with them.

We'll definitely lose more games this season and we'll definitely win more games.  The problem is what happens if we start to conceed goals because there's nothing up the other end of the pitch to suggest we'll score plenty any time soon.

I actually think our goals ratio will improve in the second half of the season because... well, it has to doesn't it?

I suppose the question in that case is whether you think we'll win more than we'll lose, and honestly I don't think will - in which case we'll be right in the relegation mix.

I want to support Lambert but this is beyond ridiculous. We can't score goals and ultimately that falls back to the manager and his staff. Either Lerner needs to give him money for attacking players or he has to go.

It's beyond pathetic, Agbonlahor, Weimann and Benteke hasn't worked as a front three for 18 months and he continues to persist with it. We have a world class striker up front who is starved of service and maybe get's one or at the most two half chances to score which is pathetic. 

In a ideal world he goes now, but we all know that's not happening so I can only hope he changes his tactics but that is as likely as me saying Liverpool are a great club.

I don't want him here anymore. He doesn't fit.

Having been told it's impossible to implement a passing game on the current budget, he's done it and created a flat as anything side that never look like scoring.

We have no drive in the midfield without Delph, so he's been a bit unlucky that he's out AGAIN; but to continue with Weimann who literally cannot control the ball just shows a fundamental lack of understanding of what his own plan is. How can you have a passing game with Weimann, Agbonlahor and Bacuna all in there?

My main gripe with PL is his decision making and tactics.  As soon as I saw the starting line up I knew what was going to happen.  We cannot play with wide fullbacks and have Gabby and Weimann playing narrow as our main creative outlets.  It will never work at home.  Never.  We have one of the best strikers in the air and yet we have no one to put crosses in.  Cissokho is a good defender but poor going forward yet we rely on him to put that killer ball in.  We have Bacuna with excellent delivery and Grealish who can attack from wide.  Play them in attacking positions!  How bad of a manager do you have to be to play Gabby as a number 10? 

The main positive for PL is his signings.  He has signed some quality players.  Okore and Sanchez were fantastic today.  Bacuna showed glimpses of what a good footballer he could become. Cleverly was ineffective yet again.  I hope he doesn't spend £7.5m on him.    I would have PL as a DOF not a manager.

It's poor, thankfully the defence is better but how Lambert can come out and say "We are creating chances we just need to put them away" as he did after todays weekly powder puff showing is frankly ridiculous.. We are creating so few opportunities it's no wonder our strikers panic and slash at it more often than not. We are simply not creating anywhere near enough openings. We do have a World class striker in Benteke in my opinion but we make him look poor as we simply strangle the life out of his ability and it shows how poor we are that even a World class striker struggles to score in our team...That says it all for me. 

If Lambert seriously expects our strikers to win games on one or two chances per week then he has lost my respect.. Even Lionel Messi would struggle in this team. Maybe he needs to go and get lesson two from Pep.. Lesson one how to pass the ball a bit better, lesson two needs to be how to actually use the ball when you have more possession!

League table since Lambert took over.

More links here, including net transfer expenditure (although I'm not sure how reliable the transfer fees are - they are taken from transferleague.co.uk. Don't put too much emphasise on them). I just wanted an idea on how we've been doing the past years compared to other teams - the answer is as we maybe knew.

I should be doing something completely else but I was bored and I didn't want to study (the lengths you'll go through to avoid it sometimes!).

GHs5avI.png?1

Edited by bose

Think how long it took David Moyes to build his style and 'brand of football' at Everton, where he joined at a similar stage to Lambert in his career and with a similar budget. Moyes' Prem finishes were (15th, 7th, 17th, 4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th). So far Lambert has (15th, 15th, and currently 12th). In Lambert we trust!!!!!

Not really comparable. Moyes's first "prem finish" as you describe it came in a season where he joined Everton in March and saved the club from potential relegation. So in his first full season he got 7th and his first three were actually 7th, 17th and 4th. Compared with Lambert's 15th, 15th and (so far) 12th.

Not such a great story then. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â