Paul Lambert

limpid

2 points out of 3 games looks bad but circumstances of 10 men for 40 minutes in 2 of them games really showed the team have improved greatly, these are games we would easily lose last season.

I dont know why but I think we are about to give somebody a beating as Benteke, Agbonlahor and Weimann cant keep missing chances 

• Like 2

Does anybody have possession stats in each of the thirds of the pitch? I know we are having more possession and passing but it's definitely not in the right areas is it? It's more in the defensive area and lower midfield areas.

Need a change at this club.

Does anybody have possession stats in each of the thirds of the pitch? I know we are having more possession and passing but it's definitely not in the right areas is it? It's more in the defensive area and lower midfield areas.

so people moan we dont have possession now we do have majority possession and now moan as we dont have it in right areas  :lol:

we dominated the ball against one of best football teams in the league on friday

• Like 1

we have had 35 shots in the last 3 games and that includes been down to 10 for most of 2nd half in 2 of them

wow, that has surprised me, good stat. I know shots on target was 9 in the last 3 games, from a comment I was listening to last night.

so people moan we dont have possession now we do have majority possession and now moan as we dont have it in right areas :lol:

we dominated the ball against one of best football teams in the league on friday

I didn't moan about possession, I actually don't care about possession. All I care about is what happens in our defensive third and what happens in the attacking third. Hoofing or tapping about to get into those areas doesn't bother me, it's what we do in those areas. Possession to me is a not a great stat, it's what you do when you have possession that counts which the stat doesn't tell, at least possession in areas gives a little more information on the game. Edited by nick76

so people moan we dont have possession now we do have majority possession and now moan as we dont have it in right areas  :lol:

great I'll remember that at the end of the season when I look at the league table
  • Like 1

so people moan we dont have possession now we do have majority possession and now moan as we dont have it in right areas :lol:

I didn't moan about possession, I actually don't care about possession. All I care about is what happens in our defensive third and what happens in the attacking third. Hoofing or tapping about to get into those areas doesn't bother me, it's what we do in those areas. Possession to me is a not a great stat, it's what you do when you have possession that counts which the stat doesn't tell, at least possession in areas gives a little more information on the game.

But you do understand the point of sustained possession in the centre third? It is used to manipulate the opposition, stretch them, look for gaps, test their tactical solidity.

It's not working particularly well right now, that does not make it pointless.

• Like 1

Problem with us having possesion is that our movement off the ball is some of the worst I have ever seen. The movement of the forwards is crap and the midfield generally tend to stand still once they have passed the ball so we usually end up going nowhere

• Like 3

Problem with us having possesion is that our movement off the ball is some of the worst I have ever seen. The movement of the forwards is crap and the midfield generally tend to stand still once they have passed the ball so we usually end up going nowhere

Have to agree. And surely its something that a good manager with good coaches could work on. The fact we've looked clueless upfront for the majority of the time under Lambert doesn't fill me with hope that this will improve.

Not huge differences overall.

Thank god we keep giving him more time.

Huge differences are required for you are they? Those stats tell me that he has addressed our defensive issues but at the same time our goals for have gone backwards which is an issue. We have only just had Benteke back in the side who is our only real goalscoring threat though so I think that might be slightly skewed.

I will say though the rest are very similar but I think its obvious he has aimed to address our leaky defence and he has done that.

• Like 2

If Lambert insists on playing that awful formation at home then we will never do any better there. When Grealish came on he actually got to the byline a few times and got the ball over. Bacuna was also decent but only seems to get a game when we are down to ten.

Against Palace I'd start with Bacuna and Grealish on the wings with Sanchez and Cleverley in midfield. Problem is I can see Richardson coming in for Delph and Gabby in for N'Zogbia. We are far too predictable in the way we play.

Huge differences? Well it would be nice to progress. Thought that was the whole point of sport. To be better and get better.

And while defence is much better it makes no difference when attack is much worse because the end result is the same.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â