Paul Lambert

limpid

Can't comprehend how people consider themselves supporters while hoping for us to lose despite whatever the state of the club may be. This thread just keeps on serving up absolute tripe.

It's called short term pain for long term gain. Under Lambert we are quite likely to lose many more games. We have lost quite a few already so one more, in the grand scheme of things, is not going to make a lot of difference. By the way, get off your 'I am a better fan than you' box before you fall. I have been supporting Villa for a long time and even went when they were in division 3 so I don't like being branded by the likes of you.
Lol ye I think I'm a better supporter of Villa because I want us to win tonight and you want us to lose. How far fetched and rightous of me...

Read the words that I have highlighted in bold. Nothing to do with you wanting us to win it is your trashing of other people that want a different outcome to you and for a very good reason. Some people can see further than just the next game you know.

Can't comprehend how people consider themselves supporters while hoping for us to lose despite whatever the state of the club may be. This thread just keeps on serving up absolute tripe.

It's called short term pain for long term gain. Under Lambert we are quite likely to lose many more games. We have lost quite a few already so one more, in the grand scheme of things, is not going to make a lot of difference. By the way, get off your 'I am a better fan than you' box before you fall. I have been supporting Villa for a long time and even went when they were in division 3 so I don't like being branded by the likes of you.
Lol ye I think I'm a better supporter of Villa because I want us to win tonight and you want us to lose. How far fetched and rightous of me...

Read the words that I have highlighted in bold. Nothing to do with you wanting us to win it is your trashing of other people that want a different outcome to you and for a very good reason. Some people can see further than just the next game you know.

Don't need to re-read anything I read what you wrote and it's tripe.  Enjoy the game while hoping for us to lose.

Don't need to re-read anything I read what you wrote and it's tripe.  Enjoy the game while hoping for us to lose.

Only tripe in your opinion which counts for nothing.

Only tripe in your opinion which counts for nothing.

Ok Captain Obvious

I really wish you'd give up this net transfer spend argument, it's totally useless, and actively unhelpful in understanding finances. 

Let's say there are two clubs. One lets Fabian Delph leave for a free, and then signs Tom Cleverley for £8m. Another sells Aguero for £50m and buys Suarez for £58m. In your model, these two football clubs should be considered to be equal in terms of ability. 

You cannot understand the value of a business by looking only at its trading activity, while specifically ignoring the value of its assets. It's absurd.

To start off with:

Club A: Has Delph

Club B: Has Aguero

Therefore to start off with Club B is ALREADY in a superior position than club A as it ALREADY has a superior and more valuable player.

Both teams then, in your example, increase their net transfer spend by £8m. The final outcome is club A is still superior therefore totally logical!

Exactly, club A is still superior but that isn't shown by just looking at the net transfer spend. The net transfer spend is the same but that doesn't refect the quality, or cost, of either squad. Yet thats what you're doing, just looking at the net, even though, as you say above, that two clubs could have the same net and yet have a massively different cost & quality of squad.

I'm not just looking at the net transfer spend though am I otherwise I wouldn't have considered that Aguero and Delph were there in the first place!

If we take the logical starting point of when Lambert took over from Mcleish - Villa, at that time, had just finished 16th in the league and that was considered under performing with the squad we had.

So the base is 16th place and that also factors in that 15 teams, at the time, had finished above us (ignoring that many thought Mcleish under performed) and on the whole, yes, many would have had a better quality squad to achieve that.

However, since that base position (when Lambert took over) we have had a larger net spend than 11 teams in the current premier league.  I think it is fair to say therefore that for that investment it is not unreasonable for one to expect that we would close the gap or surpass a number of the teams we have spent more than (net).

Edited by Brumstopdogs

My god we are an embarrasment

Worse than anti football.

Utterly outplayed by no better players and criminally wasted a gloriously skilled striker.

I cannot stand anymore of this atrocious style.

Is staying up really worth this ?

• Like 1

Well that was awful. We're going nowhere with him. At least this win might help us stay up so we can move on from owner and manager.

So what do I give lambert credit for? Signing and playing benteke? Yep, 100% always have. Defenders defending well and bravely? Yep deserves credit there.

Then what? Because that's one of the worst winning performances I've seen.

My god we are an embarrasment

Worse than anti football.

Utterly outplayed by no better players and criminally wasted a gloriously skilled striker.

I cannot stand anymore of this atrocious style.

Is staying up really worth this ?

Second half we did nothing but defend really, but it was hardly "anti football".  Palace aren't bad at home and, in Bolasie and Zaha, possess two very quick wingers who would cause most full backs problems.  They'd just beaten Liverpool and got a draw at Swansea - this is a good win; despite not being "pretty".

The main problem we seem to have is pushing on from midfield - without Delph, no-one really drives forward and gets the ball moving quickly.  It's a fundamental must in a counter attacking side.

3 points is what we needed and we got it.

Still want him out but today was acceptable as we needed the points.

One suspects though the amount of pressure the defence is under EACH game that a thrashing isn't surely far away if they mentally give up.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Lambert got his tactics right tonight.

......if the future is 10 men behind the ball and long balls to clear then count me out, that wasn't football but credit to the players for being so committed. 

A much needed win.

Which isn't what happened at all up until the last 15 or so.  But ok.

Yes we were shite, but we were good against Burnley and drew. I guess we deserved some luck. We really needed those 3 points.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â