Paul Lambert

limpid

surely were now due a win.

law of averages and all. 

I was just thinking about how all of our players who only have one good game out of every 6 or 7 (N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor, etc.) are surely due to have their one good game pretty soon.

I didn't really know where else to put this, so i'll stick it here. Most people are aware of our form, but if you actually look at the overall form table, it makes for pretty grim viewing.

I still say that we need to see how the next few games go, and wait to see what happens once we have our key players back, but it very well could be too late by then :/

*--- Cut out the image to reduce quote size --*

Premier League Form Guide

Oh look Leicester are in dire form

No worries Nigel you play villa soon

Why dont you put up an away form table Chewie, we are 10th in that?

Last 12 matches, 16th and thats the only table that matters. I could pull out a 100 tables to fit an agenda if i wanted.

First off, I have no agenda (as you so eloquently put it). I was tinkering with my Fantasy Football team and came across this table, I thought other Villa fans would be interested in visualising where we stand in form. Which brings me onto the word form, "a particular way in which a thing exists or appears".

When used in football, people don't tend to preface the word 'form' with 'recent', but recent form is heavily implied. As such, I think ordering the table by form (last 6 games) both home and away gives the fairest view on how we have been performing recently in the league. If you know of a better methodology then I'd be interested to see it.

Last 12 matches, 16th and thats the only table that matters. I could pull out a 100 tables to fit an agenda if i wanted.

In fairness to Chewie ever since I can remember, and I am 40 now, then the current form table has always been taken over the last 6 games and is very often used by numerous media outlets.

Yeah, thanks. I can only use the data which is available.

I didn't really know where else to put this, so i'll stick it here. Most people are aware of our form, but if you actually look at the overall form table, it makes for pretty grim viewing.

I still say that we need to see how the next few games go, and wait to see what happens once we have our key players back, but it very well could be too late by then :/

*--- Cut out the image to reduce quote size --*

Premier League Form Guide

Oh look Leicester are in dire form

No worries Nigel you play villa soon

What have I even read.

So because he's posted an overall form table, you know because points from home and away games count, instead of just the away games (because that would obviously paint a more balanced picture) he has an agenda? Says more about your "agenda" that you've taken issue with it imo.

Pretty much summed up what I am trying to put across, cheers.

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 2

You can shout about as many agenda's and form tables as you like. The BPL table is the one that counts and we have not won in 10 games and that is why we are where we are and that is not likely to improve anytime soon.

Fact of the matter is it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

The longer PL remains in charge then don't expect any improvement from what we are being served week in week out - Pillow and duvet football!

It improved from losses to draws, should have beaten Burnley but for a bad decision by Okore, why can't it be possible that we get a win?

A draw against Burnley, hip hip hooray!! They hit our bar twice and are probably the worst team in the league. Other teams we got coming up are are much better.

It improved from losses to draws, should have beaten Burnley but for a bad decision by Okore, why can't it be possible that we get a win?

A draw against Burnley, hip hip hooray!! They hit our bar twice and are probably the worst team in the league. Other teams we got coming up are are much better.

Cool.  We have improved then.  last week we were the worst team in the league without doubt on here.  At least now there seems to be some doubt about it!

• Like 3

People talking about how much we dominated against Burnley, imo we didn't. Apart from the goal and Grealish chance in the end, i do not recall any big chances in that game.

Burnley on the other hand, should have won the game, with the amout of chances they produced in the last 20. Fact is, this team seem incapable of creating chances, and Lambert has to go if this continue, or we are in big trouble.

Edited by villalad21

People talking about how much we dominated against Burnley, imo we didn't. Apart from the goal and Grealish chance in the end, i do not recall any big chances in that game.

Burnley on the other hand, should have won the game, with the amout of chances they produced in the last 20. Fact is, this team seem incapable of creating chances, and Lambert has to go if this continue, or we are in big trouble.

Really? Clark had two decent chances first half, off the top of my head, there were more though too. We had far more of the ball than they did and looked very, very comfortable after they started well in the second half until they scored. Which was not 20 mins from the end. Not even close. Then we went to pieces apart from the Grealish chance.

Check the stats, you'll see that you are wrong.

Indeed Burnley had chances at the end, but we should've been out of sight by then.

• Like 1

Indeed Burnley had chances at the end, but we should've been out of sight by then.

I'm talking about big chances, don't waste your time at half chances. Doesn't count in my book.

I'm talking about big chances, don't waste your time at half chances. Doesn't count in my book.
Right. So what you're basically going off of is what you watched on MOTD?

If I'm being honest, it makes your opinion sound a tad foolish if you are going to ignore facts.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â