Paul Lambert

limpid

I don't think we'll see Cole in the next game, Although  I hope well do. I just think two games so close together might be too much for him and he will be saved for the home game against Leicester.

Unfortunately think we'll see Gabby and Weimann up top with Benteke and a variety of hoofs and aimless crosses directed at the big man with the other two running about a bit.

Cole played 60 odd minutes at the other day. He's not about to pick up his pension is he?

McGod had two plasticine knees and a liver made out of Swiss cheese and he was rolled out each week at the age of 36!

Exactly. He is 33 not 63. The way some people on here go on about him not being able to play two games in a week you would think he was getting about on a zimmer frame!

I don't think we'll see Cole in the next game, Although  I hope well do. I just think two games so close together might be too much for him and he will be saved for the home game against Leicester.

Unfortunately think we'll see Gabby and Weimann up top with Benteke and a variety of hoofs and aimless crosses directed at the big man with the other two running about a bit.

Cole played 60 odd minutes at the other day. He's not about to pick up his pension is he?

McGod had two plasticine knees and a liver made out of Swiss cheese and he was rolled out each week at the age of 36!

Exactly. He is 33 not 63. The way some people on here go on about him not being able to play two games in a week you would think he was getting about on a zimmer frame!

33, Has a history of injuries and has only just returned to match fitness. Is it really that difficult to grasp? If it was a Saturday/Saturday game then maybe but it isn't.

Again though, I hope he plays,

Edited by sexbelowsound

33, Has a history of injuries and has only just returned to match fitness. Is it really that difficult to grasp? If it was a Saturday/Saturday game then maybe but it isn't.

Again though, I hope he play

He didn't play a full game against Burnley and the only way he is going to get match fit is to play matches. Is that difficult to grasp?

Edited by pacbuddies

He didn't play a full game against Burnley and the only way he is going to get match fit is to play matches. Is that difficult to grasp?

I think you are assuming I am coming at this from a "Defend Lambert" stance. I'm not. I'm just saying why I think he might not play. Even though I hope he does.

He'll be gone after the Palace game, I feel.

I really hope so.

Surely if Lerner does want to sell the club he can't risk relegation.

But it genuinely feels like Lerner isn't going anywhere and unless he plans to reinvest heavily then the writing is on the wall. I don't know if he just plans to use the Premiership payments to reduce his losses, whatever the case if we spend what we did in the summer then it's goodbye Premiership.

The return of Hutton and the signing of Sanchez have had a pretty positive impact. But Zog, Herd, Bent and the signings of Senderos and Cole will never have any sustained value (no disrespect to Senderos or Cole who are good players but neither have the legs to play more than 2 or 3 games in a row).

I don't think Kozak's return and occasional cameos Grealish and Robinson will make a huge difference.

Our midfield looks solid but lacks creativity, no idea if we can afford to sign Cleverly but we need to if Delph leaves. Clark, Baker and Okore have stepped up so happy with that, but if Cissokho gets injured who plays left back?

I think you are assuming I am coming at this from a "Defend Lambert" stance. I'm not. I'm just saying why I think he might not play. Even though I hope he does.

Not at all. Lambert has no defence, he is on his last legs and if he has any sense then he will play Cole as he may just save his a**e.

I didn't really know where else to put this, so i'll stick it here. Most people are aware of our form, but if you actually look at the overall form table, it makes for pretty grim viewing.

I still say that we need to see how the next few games go, and wait to see what happens once we have our key players back, but it very well could be too late by then :/

gLLOjhC.png

Premier League Form Guide

Oh look Leicester are in dire form

No worries Nigel you play villa soon

Why dont you put up an away form table Chewie, we are 10th in that?

Last 12 matches, 16th and thats the only table that matters. I could pull out a 100 tables to fit an agenda if i wanted.

What have I even read.

So because he's posted an overall form table, you know because points from home and away games count, instead of just the away games (because that would obviously paint a more balanced picture) he has an agenda? Says more about your "agenda" that you've taken issue with it imo.

• Like 3

Not at all. Lambert has no defence, he is on his last legs and if he has any sense then he will play Cole as he may just save his a**e.

I bow to your superior knowledge then. 

We'll wait and see won't we. I hope he does play but if he has only just returned to match fitness I doubt he will start.

Fair enough.

Sorry if my comment came across as a little acerbic. I just sat through 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' and it was maybe the worst film I have ever had the misfortune to see.

*With the possible exception of Face Off.

• Like 1

We'll wait and see won't we. I hope he does play but if he has only just returned to match fitness I doubt he will start.

Fair enough.

Sorry if my comment came across as a little acerbic. I just sat through 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' and it was maybe the worst film I have ever had the misfortune to see.

*With the possible exception of Face Off.

No problem,

You've just taught me a new word and I agree that film is atrocious, as is Face Off. The apes are pretty damn realistic though haha.

Wacko, we just need to get the Premier League to agree we play the entire league programme away from home and Bob's your uncle.

Edited by briny_ear

I bow to your superior knowledge then. 

Does sound like you covering Lambert's ass though incase he don't play him. Cole had a great 60 minutes against Burnley and should still be fit for Palace, but if Lambert was to leave him out, im sure he won't be feeling the love of the Villa faithful!!

Wacko, we just need to get the Premier League to agree we play the entire league programme away from home and Bob's your uncle.

Yeah or just 6 games a season. Both pointless

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â