Paul Lambert

limpid

People think it will be better if Lambert goes, The man in charge of replacing him, hired McLeish and gave Lambert a 4 year deal

Its very true. I don't think anyone is 100% confident he'd appoint someone great but there is a chance.

Look at the way blues have been run, they've had a big turn around for the team and fans with making a change.

The approach was wrong today and we should have won that game.

There was too much looking to catch them on the break with aimless balls forward. Guzan was after a quick outlet every time he got it.

Even with our limited confidence, when we held the ball and probed a bit they were not good enough to deal with us.

I can't stand watching us, and I can't wait for Lambert to leave. God knows what league we'll be in when that happens.

• Like 2

People think it will be better if Lambert goes, The man in charge of replacing him, hired McLeish and gave Lambert a 4 year deal

Its very true. I don't think anyone is 100% confident he'd appoint someone great but there is a chance.

Look at the way blues have been run, they've had a big turn around for the team and fans with making a change.

Depends who's doing the appointing. Does Lerner do it all himself or does he leave it to people like Faulkner?

If its the latter then the man in charge of replacing him is NOT the man who hired McLeish and gave Lambert a new contract

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

The Lambert Out chants are a big turning point, IMO.

As much as the attitude on the internet has turned against Lambert, especially in recent weeks, the support at the ground has been pretty consistent, apart from the dwindling numbers.

There will be a fair few people who will sit up and notice after the audible chants today.

• Like 1

I was at the game yesterday along with an ex season ticket holder of 20 plus years who for family reasons can rarely attend nowadays. He was stunned by the Lambert out chants that started once Okore conceded the penalty.

His response was "how is this helping the team?"

We should've been 3 or 4 goals to the good yesterday but because of a moment of madness by Okore and poor decision making in the final third of the pitch we only picked up a point.

I'm not sure why Lambert gets the flak for that?

• Like 4

Mark Warburton (Brentford) could be someone to look towards as a potential new manager, on a tiny budget he is got Brentford playing free-flowing attacking football and bringing on some of their youngsters!!

This was Lambert 2 years ago, except he also had a respectable PL finish. He and most other managers who come in will likely have the same problems.

I was at the game yesterday along with an ex season ticket holder of 20 plus years who for family reasons can rarely attend nowadays. He was stunned by the Lambert out chants that started once Okore conceded the penalty.

His response was "how is this helping the team?"

We should've been 3 or 4 goals to the good yesterday but because of a moment of madness by Okore and poor decision making in the final third of the pitch we only picked up a point.

I'm not sure why Lambert gets the flak for that?

Burnley deserved their goal and in the 90 minutes they had some very good chances which shouldn't be ignored.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

What the hell is mid-table obscurity anyway?

As far as I'm concerned there's champions, champ league  qualifiers and the relegated. Everything else is mid-table.

It's like some 55 year old bloke passing himself off as middled-aged. Yeah right, if you expect to live to 110.

We'll be fighting relegation until the last few games at best.

• Like 1

I have my doubts as to whether another manager could do any better than Lambert but if this form continues then Randy might feel he as no other choice than to give another manager ago. With no Assistant in place, now might be the easiest time for him to get rid of Lambert.

Mark Warburton (Brentford) could be someone to look towards as a potential new manager, on a tiny budget he is got Brentford playing free-flowing attacking football and bringing on some of their youngsters!!

This was Lambert 2 years ago, except he also had a respectable PL finish. He and most other managers who come in will likely have the same problems.

no two managers are the same though keyblade, just because Lambert hasn't done a good job here doesn't mean someone else from possibly the Championship won't if we did ever go down that route for a new manager when/if it happens.

Edited by Villan4Life

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-responds-8199530

Paul Lambert has vowed to ‘find a solution’ and end Villa’s winless run.

The claret and blues put in their best performance of the season but were still unable to secure three points after late drama at Turf Moor.

Joe Cole opened the scoring only for Danny Ings to level from the penalty spot late on and Villa were somehow left clinging onto a point as the clock ran down.

That frustrated the travelling fans who turned on the boss late on despite passionately backing their side before.

Admitting that the chants of ‘We want Lambert out’ were not pleasant to hear, the boss said:

“The whole game they were unbelievable then you lose the goal and that’s what can happen.

“That’s football. It’s sport.

“You don’t like it and it’s not nice to hear, but it’s sport. And football is a game.

“You have to dust yourself down and go for it again.

“That was a game that got away from us. It was the best we have played in a few weeks.

“I thought we should have been two or three up at half time.

“Some of the football we played was outstanding.

“Then in the last few minutes Burnley put us on the back foot and we could have lost it.

“That would have been an absolute travesty.

“For most of the game we played really well.

“I think in terms of flowing football, we were excellent,

“The movement was great and I wish Joe Cole was five years younger but I couldn’t have afforded him!

“He was fantastic, I knew he’d tire, but he was great.”

Lambert remained upbeat after the game and remained in good spirits despite the winless run extending.

Three draws in the last three games has slighted lifted spirits but the fans are still frustrated with the results.

“Those guys pay their money,” said Lambert.

“I know this football club is huge and expectancy levels are huge.

“We’re not matching those levels so it’s normal (to react like that).

“I will do the best I can to find the solution.

“We’re sitting joint 13th I think, there’s miles to go in the table.

“We had six players out but Clark and Okore carried on where they left off even though Jores gave away the penalty.

“When we get players back from injury lets see what happens in the end.”

Meanwhile Sean Dyche believes that Villa are still a team who are fighting despite their recent form.

He said: “They are certainly not a team that is broken that#s for sure. There is a belief there.

“I thought they were very strong first half and I spoke to my players about that.

“I saw them on Monday and before that, there is certainly no lack of energy and belief of what they are doing.

“After a good start, maybe they have lacked a cutting edge like us in recent time.

“As the game went on they looked nervous, and were on the ropes but generally they looked like a good side.”

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â