Paul Lambert

limpid

I have said it how many times now??? Seriously what more point is there? 

Our performance by the standards of this team, not the 1982 team, this persistent relegation battling side, given the fact we had come off 5 straight defeats and a bad one at QPR and given Spurs are a very good team. Factor all that into your mind. That is the context. 

I thought we were superb up until Benteke was sent off, we should have been 2-0 up and we were in control of the game. 

What will not happen in the below posts is anyone simply saying the disagree with that opinion on the Spurs game. That doesn't have the desired effect. What is repulsive about many of the posts in this thread is the need to make up, twist ones simple comments and attribute those to someone. 

I have now apparently said that our total performance against Spurs was an all time Superb Claret & Blue performance. 

I ask what point is there conversing?

Me: I don't like yellow coloured Ferraris

Poster: How the hell don't you like Ferrari!?!?!!?

Me: Sigh

That is what football forum discussion is like. 

I believe the aim is to bludgeon any opposing opinion into submission and drive them from the Lambert thread. The only doctrine allowed is Lambert is meritless and at fault fro all ills. 

Unfortunately it's just the way that a lot of people approach things on here. I know I've said it a lot and that it's becoming a cliche but yes it is a case of the black and white mentality. It's a bit like how those who are not completely 100% against Lambert often get confused with those who are actually supporting him.

What worried me most about the interview was the Bent questioning. One of the responses (and I'm paraphrasing here) was "I have a way of playing football", suggesting that A) Bent doesn't fit in with that way of playing football, and B ) the current hoofball rubbish we're being served up is by choice rather than necessity.

Bent doesn't exactly work hard for the team so that's probably what he was referring to.
Good point. Bent is a poaching striker, and he doesn't fit with the shape of the team as it is, so I actually have no real problem with him being loaned out even when or goal tally is so low. The question for me is: should we really be playing the football that we are right now? Sitting back and counter attacking is not going to suit Bent, but it's not exactly providing us with great results or entertaining matches, so should we be sticking with it or should we perhaps try something else?

No, not all the time but again I think what Lambert was getting at with "I have a way of playing football" in relation to Bent is that he likes all the players to work hard.

Edited by Mantis

If we were winning games and scoring goals, Lambert would be applauded for protecting players rather than condemning them in public.

Instead our best player is out of the picture, so we haven't been winning, and so he can't do anything without being criticised.

The temptation to make snarky remarks about this player or that must be huge for him in his position but he has integrity and very strong nerves, which is hugely to his credit.

• Like 1

I have said it how many times now??? Seriously what more point is there?

Our performance by the standards of this team, not the 1982 team, this persistent relegation battling side, given the fact we had come off 5 straight defeats and a bad one at QPR and given Spurs are a very good team. Factor all that into your mind. That is the context.

I thought we were superb up until Benteke was sent off, we should have been 2-0 up and we were in control of the game.

What will not happen in the below posts is anyone simply saying the disagree with that opinion on the Spurs game. That doesn't have the desired effect. What is repulsive about many of the posts in this thread is the need to make up, twist ones simple comments and attribute those to someone.

I have now apparently said that our total performance against Spurs was an all time Superb Claret & Blue performance.

I ask what point is there conversing?

Me: I don't like yellow coloured Ferraris

Poster: How the hell don't you like Ferrari!?!?!!?

Me: Sigh

That is what football forum discussion is like.

I believe the aim is to bludgeon any opposing opinion into submission and drive them from the Lambert thread. The only doctrine allowed is Lambert is meritless and at fault fro all ills.

I disagree with that opinion of the Spurs game.

You obviously support Lambert and that's your privilege. I don't. You look at the Spurs match and see a decent battling performance against a superior team. I look at it and see a profligate Spurs team that failed to take advantage of their multitude of scoring opportunities. That's fine. What I don't agree with it's your idea that we must support the team "100%". Sure, go to the matches and cheer your socks off, that's the right attitude. But this is a public discussion forum on the internet, and I reserve the right to bitch and moan as much as I bloody well like.

* Edited because predictive text insists on making me look silly.

Edited by Villanun

If we were winning games and scoring goals, Lambert would be applauded for protecting players rather than condemning them in public.

Instead our best player is out of the picture, so we haven't been winning, and so he can't do anything without being criticised.

The temptation to make snarky remarks about this player or that must be huge for him in his position but he has integrity and very strong nerves, which is hugely to his credit.

Why is it so difficult to bloody well comprehend?

You don't need to slag people off or condemn them in public to give straight answers to simple questions.

What lambert actually does, is mumble and stumble around the issue to the point where he just spouts shite that actually means nothing.

He speaks a lot, but says nothing.

What worried me most about the interview was the Bent questioning. One of the responses (and I'm paraphrasing here) was "I have a way of playing football", suggesting that A) Bent doesn't fit in with that way of playing football, and B ) the current hoofball rubbish we're being served up is by choice rather than necessity.

Bent doesn't exactly work hard for the team so that's probably what he was referring to.

Good point. Bent is a poaching striker, and he doesn't fit with the shape of the team as it is, so I actually have no real problem with him being loaned out even when or goal tally is so low. The question for me is: should we really be playing the football that we are right now? Sitting back and counter attacking is not going to suit Bent, but it's not exactly providing us with great results or entertaining matches, so should we be sticking with it or should we perhaps try something else?

No, not all the time but again I think what Lambert was getting at with "I have a way of playing football" in relation to Bent is that he likes all the players to work hard.

We should have been at least 2 goals up at half time.

Your biased analysis of games are so simple its laughable, especially when you then talk down to others.

You have a very selective memory when it comes to Aston villa games. You must have missed the absolute sitters spurs missed that first half.

You can't just pick moments that suit your argument. What does that really prove?

Lambert has created a team that doesn't create.

But he, along with the rest of the team, need our support more than ever right now. We must stand tall and get behind the boys to try and help them claw out of the mess we're in. Because we're all in it together. Everyone is laughing at us but f**k them. This is our club and by getting behind the team we can throw two fingers up to everyone else and help the team. 4,000 Villa fans at Burnley tomorrow is a good an opportunity as any to start bringing the good name of our club back.

Edited by roonst83

The beauty of discussing horse racing as opposed to football is opinions get a chance to be validated. 

For me the biggest difference is that if a horse is lame at least you can take it out back and shoot it.

Villa don't have a good record for shots on target under Lambert

• Like 1

You don't need to slag people off or condemn them in public to give straight answers to simple questions.

What lambert actually does, is mumble and stumble around the issue to the point where he just spouts shite that actually means nothing.

Ok stroppy, why don't you give us an example of how Lambert is supposed to answer a question which is aimed at getting him to criticise Darren Bent without condemning him?

What Lambert did there, admittedly, in his dour and mumbly tone of voice, was to defend one of his squad members. 

To his detriment Lambert takes a lot of the responsibility that under performing members of his squad and and absentee owner should be sharing onto his own shoulders.

He should take a leaf out of Rednapps book. If a player is not performing tell the public, we are still paying hm a fortune, what has Lambert got to hide. If you state the facts i.e Bent does not train hard enough, what can people say, its not as though he needs him back in the team to give 110%.

When Kozak and Benteke got injured the best thing Lambert could have done instead of counting on Gabby an Weimann to score goals is start coaching the team to play with width an utilise Westwood and Lowton who can cross a ball into Bent up front. He then could have used Gabby.Weimann as a game changer if we were struggling. Instead he turns to defensive boring football which blatently non of the team want to play thus losing any confidence of motivation or structure within the team. 

I could give you a CVBryne guarantee you would have seen Bent back to scoring goals if at least we played to his strengths.

• Like 1

If he's "incoherent" and "mumbling", how do you know he's not getting to the point?

If he's "incoherent" and "mumbling", how do you know he's not getting to the point?

Gabby understands him!  :)

We weren't playing so defensively in his first season and he wasn't defensive at Norwich, so maybe with the freakish injury problems we've experienced, over the last year, maybe he feels that a 'safety first' policy is the best way to go?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â