Paul Lambert

limpid

In no way am I defending Lambert but it must be frustrating targeting players such as sissoko,Holtby, Tadic and Coutinho then ending up with Sylla,Tonev and Helenius. I agree Lambert needs to be gone asap but that wont automatically fix everything. It is crucial the club is sold or relegation will be certain in the next two seasons. In this league you need to spend to survive. We need a new manager and chairman in asap.

Agreed, it must annoy him, but we still get outplayed by every team we play, even one's that cost less than those lot! Look how many lower league teams have beaten us! I'm standing by to spend my winnings on the Spurs and Southampton losses all on a bet on Burnley when they beat us.

Similarly, watch how teams dead-bottom thump us, teams on bad runs outplay us, clubs in dry spells break them against us. We are a soft touch, and a crap one to watch as well, not even the sort that might occasionally win a 4-3.

If Lambert was even doing a half decent job, the pressure on Lerner would be huge, with most fans feeling sorry for Lambert. But he's so sodding crap, it's hard for people to get past the shite on the pitch to begin to vent at Lerner.

I'm gutted that we gave him that contract as we've signed our own death warrant and are going down. Get out of my club you amateur.

If like rumoured baker vlaar and senderos are out if lambert dosnt start okore he should be immedietely sacked you do not and i repeat not put lowton who is a full back at centre half it will be unforgivable. Okore is fit give the lad a chance otherwise he will follow vlaar delph and more than likely tekkers out the door.

Edited by villan501

Yeah he knows how to say the right things, which I guess he is hoping will dampen some of the anger towards him. It is nice that he says nice things about the club, but right now I would like a few victories strung together so we can start climbing the table again. Can he get the team he has built to do it? I remain to be convinced.

Proud of Lambert's pre-match comments, such a class act.

what's he said

It's a great thing being manager of this club I don't think anyone should underestimate it.

"It's a magical football club."

All he needed to add to complete is " i should never be manager of this magical club because i am not upto the job"

I think that the crowd at Villa are like the club "can't be bothered any more so what's the point"

That's exactly how i feel. Still going tonight, but really don't care about the result. 

The saddest thing Lerner/Lambert have done to this club is make everything so bad a huge chunk of fans have just stopped caring. There's nothing to get excited about, why waste time thinking there is? 

• Like 1

I think that the crowd at Villa are like the club "can't be bothered any more so what's the point"

That's exactly how i feel. Still going tonight, but really don't care about the result. 

The saddest thing Lerner/Lambert have done to this club is make everything so bad a huge chunk of fans have just stopped caring. There's nothing to get excited about, why waste time thinking there is? 

Exactly.

This is why I stopped going this season, after 38 years of continual support, financial and vocal.

• Like 2

In no way am I defending Lambert but it must be frustrating targeting players such as sissoko,Holtby, Tadic and Coutinho then ending up with Sylla,Tonev and Helenius. I agree Lambert needs to be gone asap but that wont automatically fix everything. It is crucial the club is sold or relegation will be certain in the next two seasons. In this league you need to spend to survive. We need a new manager and chairman in asap.

.....you have to feel for him on that front.....but would they all have gone backwards like Bertrand, had we signed them?

.....just a thought.

Exactly.

This is why I stopped going this season, after 38 years of continual support, financial and vocal.

ditto

• Like 1

Exactly.

Don't blame you. I gave up my season tickets at the end of his first season. Went to a couple of games last season and none this season. I save money and don't miss the turgid football or the overwhelming feeling of depression after every game. It's a great tonic to Lambertitis.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â