Paul Lambert

limpid

what on earth do we do on the training ground?

do we actually practice movement off the ball and attacking football, or do we just hoof it and hope Benteke gets on the end of it? Presuming we have a lifesize Benteke doll to train with when he is injured.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

This whole "excuses" rubbish is really getting tiring. While our horrendous run of fixtures doesn't excuse bad performances it is a mitigating factor to a certain extent as generally a team is going to perform worse and look worse playing against other teams that are much better than them than teams that are at a similar level. While there are a lot of legitimate criticisms about recent performances the fact still remains that when playing against teams outside of last season's top 7 we've done alright - 2 wins and a draw.

I'm going to avoid making any knee-jerk reactions until I see how we do in our next few games where we won't be playing top teams week in week out.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I can't see any excuses yesterday. We were bad and gave the game to Everton- a side which we should be equal to given size of clubs, grounds etc,etc. QPR first game this season in which Lambert will be under pressure to deliver- from the fans that is. As long as we stay up Lerner will back Lambert. Hence the 4 year contract on the back of winning 3 games.

what on earth do we do on the training ground?

do we actually practice movement off the ball and attacking football, or do we just hoof it and hope Benteke gets on the end of it? Presuming we have a lifesize Benteke doll to train with when he is injured.

We do seem to treat him like a giant piniata

Fire balls at him and goals might come out

Well that Liverpool qpr result makes it inevitable that we will once again bend over and get fingered live on tv for all to see.

Can anyone really see us going there next week and playing anything other than 433 with weimann playing instead of nzogbia?

• Like 1

No Improvement What's So Ever Under Lambert,

Time Fo Him To Go And Be Replaced By A Certain

David Moyes. Not going To Happen Mind You!

Watching the Moyes interview we aren't the type of club he would choose anyway. Can't understand why we gave Lambert such a long-term contract after a couple of wins. Think we are stuck with him no matter what now.

• Like 1

In fairness we've had some horror shows on TV on Monday nights in years past, Harewood hattrick and McLeish's 10 man defence at WHL spring to mind.

Plus Loftus Road is a ground we never really win on so I can't say I'm expecting a win next week coupled with the poor form.

Yeah, we do seem to be a good end to bad runs. Yesterday really pissed me off, it was a gutless performance and Lambert just looked lost on the touchline. I'm fed up of perforamances like that, it isn't good enough. We need to stop playing the same formation, same ideas, same way. Stop being so predictable. Enough is enough.

Yeah, we do seem to be a good end to bad runs. Yesterday really pissed me off, it was a gutless performance and Lambert just looked lost on the touchline. I'm fed up of perforamances like that, it isn't good enough. We need to stop playing the same formation, same ideas, same way. Stop being so predictable. Enough is enough.

Doing-the-same-thing_Albert-EInstein.jpg

• Like 2

What I'd give for another 6-1 win! Just for us to do something different. I'm fed up of knowing we will pass left, right, then back. Or left to a full back, he cuts back and it goes back. Or a poor cross, shit corner, a player runs into an opponent. Fed up! Give us something different!

This whole "excuses" rubbish is really getting tiring. While our horrendous run of fixtures doesn't excuse bad performances it is a mitigating factor to a certain extent as generally a team is going to perform worse and look worse playing against other teams that are much better than them than teams that are at a similar level. While there are a lot of legitimate criticisms about recent performances the fact still remains that when playing against teams outside of last season's top 7 we've done alright - 2 wins and a draw.

I'm going to avoid making any knee-jerk reactions until I see how we do in our next few games where we won't be playing top teams week in week out.

Mantis just because people feel that the club is making excuses for the poor performances it isn't doesn't make it rubbish. 

Mantis just because people feel that the club is making excuses for the poor performances it isn't doesn't make it rubbish. 

It's not just the club running with excuses.

I hope that our next 8 fixtures can yield far more than 10 points and a -8 goal difference.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â