Paul Lambert

limpid

Go? Go where?

He has just signed a new deal, he isn't going anywhere for a while no matter what happens.

Reassuring thoughts.....hope he lives up,to the new deal that someone has had sufficient confidence in him, to grant him.

Time, for a bit back Paul.

I have never been fooled by results that have satisfied my passion, but left my knowledge of the game wanting.

I like many fans....love the wins despite me having dark thoughts that I try very hard to keep to myself.

We are not progressing at all .....we are creating a stop start attempt at progress that is just keeping any manager in a million pound a year job....we need to wake up guys.

I would have a Tony Pulis right now.....not because I think he is the best thing since sliced bread, but because, we have limited resources and he resemble a modern day Ron Saunders, who we seem to be only capable of having kind of success with this type of character.

I actually think someone like Pulis would actually suit us quite well at this present time...bare with me. The bloke knows how to win games at home...I think Palace won 8 out of 12 games at Selhurst from when he took over and Stoke were always very formidable at the Britannia so I'd take regular home wins at VP thank you very much even if it was something radical like reducing the pitch a bit.

In terms of template he liked playing big physical men upfront and pace on the wings. Well we have the big physical man in Benteke who can also play a bit (he' also get a hard on having Kozak in the squad). His best Stoke team had Etherington and Pennant on the wings and he got great games out of Puncheon and Bolaise last season so it is feasible with Gabby and Weimann something similar could occur.

Of course the style of football would cause dissent from fans but really on a consistant basis is our style under Lambert really that much advanced from what Stoke were playing. Today we had 30% possession and looked to hit Benteke at every opportunity, I didn't see much style or creativity there nor do I think Palace were actually that bad to watch last season.

Of course he has a shell life as a manager but we saw today there is a huge gulf between a regular top 6 team like Everton and ourselves so I ain't expecting a top 6 challenge for a while.

I just crave 9th, 10th for a season or two with no relegation worries whatsoever while we sort ourselves out off the pitch as that's the only realistic way we can move forward the way football is nowadays.

I must be alone in thinking we don't have much quality in our squad.  Delph, Benteke and Vlaar are really the only outfield players we have who are good. Some of the others are decent but I doubt whether any top half club would be interested in signing them though. 

• Like 1

Putting Pulis in charge would just be another in a series of managers whose style represents no real progress.

Lambert has only proven that he's a knee-jerk manager, shifting from a young and hungry policy to one of experience only because the former wasn't working. He told us that 'everyone can see what we need'. Unfortunately that should have meant a new manager.

Well, the die has been cast and the signs are terrible. Young or experienced there's one common theme amongst all this dreadful football: Lambert.

I would take 17th now if it meant actually seeing the sort of footballing progress you expect from a club this size. However, Lambert won't be going anywhere so we'd better hope he turns something around.

Putting Pulis in charge would just be another in a series of managers whose style represents no real progress.

Lambert has only proven that he's a knee-jerk manager, shifting from a young and hungry policy to one of experience only because the former wasn't working. He told us that 'everyone can see what we need'. Unfortunately that should have meant a new manager.

Well, the die has been cast and the signs are terrible. Young or experienced there's one common theme amongst all this dreadful football: Lambert.

I would take 17th now if it meant actually seeing the sort of footballing progress you expect from a club this size. However, Lambert won't be going anywhere so we'd better hope he turns something around.

The reality is we are in a state of lux until the ownership gets resolved, whenever that day happens. There's no point in appointing an ambitious forward thinking manager if he's dealing in 3-4m transfer deals. That approach has lead to bottom 6 finishes, Lambert finished higher with Norwich ffs.

I would take a manager who could guarentee comfortable mid table finishes for the next two seasons as you have to think in that timeframe new owners would turn up sometime during that.

Then we can move forward.

I think we saw that we could potentially have lost all four of these games. It is the manner of the defeats that are worrying. We've been passengers for the most part, the opposition has barely had to work for a win.

• Like 1

I have never been fooled by results that have satisfied my passion, but left my knowledge of the game wanting.

I like many fans....love the wins despite me having dark thoughts that I try very hard to keep to myself.

We are not progressing at all .....we are creating a stop start attempt at progress that is just keeping any manager in a million pound a year job....we need to wake up guys.

I would have a Tony Pulis right now.....not because I think he is the best thing since sliced bread, but because, we have limited resources and he resemble a modern day Ron Saunders, who we seem to be only capable of having kind of success with this type of character.

I actually think someone like Pulis would actually suit us quite well at this present time...bare with me. The bloke knows how to win games at home...I think Palace won 8 out of 12 games at Selhurst from when he took over and Stoke were always very formidable at the Britannia so I'd take regular home wins at VP thank you very much even if it was something radical like reducing the pitch a bit. Alas , it was ever thus .

In terms of template he liked playing big physical men upfront and pace on the wings. Well we have the big physical man in Benteke who can also play a bit (he' also get a hard on having Kozak in the squad). His best Stoke team had Etherington and Pennant on the wings and he got great games out of Puncheon and Bolaise last season so it is feasible with Gabby and Weimann something similar could occur.

Of course the style of football would cause dissent from fans but really on a consistant basis is our style under Lambert really that much advanced from what Stoke were playing. Today we had 30% possession and looked to hit Benteke at every opportunity, I didn't see much style or creativity there nor do I think Palace were actually that bad to watch last season.

Of course he has a shell life as a manager but we saw today there is a huge gulf between a regular top 6 team like Everton and ourselves so I ain't expecting a top 6 challenge for a while.

I just crave 9th, 10th for a season or two with no relegation worries whatsoever while we sort ourselves out off the pitch as that's the only realistic way we can move forward the way football is nowadays.

Go? Go where?

He has just signed a new deal, he isn't going anywhere for a while no matter what happens.

Reassuring thoughts.....hope he lives up,to the new deal that someone has had sufficient confidence in him, to grant him.

Are you related to Yoda?

I think we saw that we could potentially have lost all four of these games. It is the manner of the defeats that are worrying. We've been passengers for the most part, the opposition has barely had to work for a win.

....and that is such an apt and significant point.

Go? Go where?

Are you related to Yoda?

Never heard of her

At least Pulis has a plan. He has an idea of what he wants his teams to look like.

We are so bad to watch, there is no plan, we have no identity.

People will give you all sorts of excuses why it's so tough to do, but Lambo isn't capable I'm afraid.

Obviously, he's staying with his new contract, I hope he can improve.

Go? Go where?

Are you related to Yoda?

Never heard of her

Serious, you are, not sure if?

yoda.jpg

• Like 1

Under Lambert we've lurched from one comedy scenario to the other, we're guff because one or more of these:

1) We've replaced our overpaid experienced players with even worse younger players

2) Lambert's backroom staff are utter *****s (bullying players and making Chris Herd look like a bespeckled Shoreditch tw8t)

3) As soon as we hit any kind of consistency or form:

a) Benteke gets crocked and we can't win without him

b Vlaar gets crocked and we can't win without him

c) Delph gets crocked and we.... well you get the idea

d) We make a series of the most unnecessary defensive blunders at the start of every game so we begin with a one goal deficit after less than 15 mins.

4) Keane reduces the size of his beard and we can't win

5) Our entire squad get explosive diarrhea

6) We can attack at pace and score goals, but can't defend any set pieces

7) We can defend, but can't string two offensive passes together

8) We can't keep possession, attack or defend

Also add in

9) Any longstanding record the club have every held has been sent down the toilet (are there any bad ones actually left we can attain that hasn't been nailed already? Lowest possession in a game? Least shots on target in a season? More comedy injuries than Arsenal?)

10) We ensure that any players that can cross have been sold or don't play. Or replaced by central midfielders. (I love that we signed Sanchez, but then we signed Cleverly after already signing Richardson. So that's three players who don't have an offensive bone in their body to be added to the rest of the midfield that don't have an offensive bone in their body. Yes we have Cole for his 4 cameos and Grealish who will hopefully break through but needs to bulk up to stand a chance). 

11) Rather than sign technical and creative players, lets pin all our hopes on Gabby and Weimann to both score and create goals from wide positions, in the hope that roughly every 10 games that might actually work. But god forbid we drop them when they are rubbish.

12) Lerner wants anyone who earns over 20K to be killed. Lerner wants anyone who earns over 20K to be in the squad and all the players brought in earning less than 20K a week to be killed.

13) Baker and Clark are still considered defenders (harsh on Baker I know, but even we he can defend he injures himself by heroically face planting during a block or tackle).

14) Lerner doesn't now how to run a football club or employ those that do, so he tries to sell the club, only some guy called Phil who owns a car dealership in Coventry, the guy who runs the kebab chain 'Halal is it Meat your looking for', and Abdul Sanchez son of a Bezakstain Prince's brother in laws, house keeper's gardener all show a brief passing interest.

We win three games Lerner gets excited and starts turning up to games just in time to see us have are arse and balls handed back to us on a golden platter.

Also on a more serious note we've also had Kozak's set back in recoveries, the Helenius misfortunes and even the fact that we lost our captain Stan Petrov the way we did. I know all clubs have bad luck and we are by no means alone but my god!

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â