Paul Lambert

limpid

New owners are not going to spend £250 million + and stick with a manager who in the last away game the fans turned on.

I really do not think new owners are gonna throw their money away. I can see 40 mill spent next season on two or three quality players.

And that is fine by me.

If we get a new manager, the next season will be a transition season, so I would be happy with better football and a top 10 finish.

We have been in transition for years. That word is starting to annoy me.

I see what you mean though and I agree better football and a top 10 would do nicely in the first season and looking at the league this season with Newcastle and how bad they have been they are still 9th so it's not too much to ask.

New owners are not going to spend £250 million + and stick with a manager who in the last away game the fans turned on.

I really do not think new owners are gonna throw their money away. I can see 40 mill spent next season on two or three quality players.

And that is fine by me.

If we get a new manager, the next season will be a transition season, so I would be happy with better football and a top 10 finish.

I'd be happy with that. Like the first year under Lerner, we finished 11th but you knew better things were coming.

I just can't see new guys sticking with this manager.

So you either have to call for his head or cheer him?

Middle ground is not an option seemingly.

Out of interest, what would the "middle ground" look like?
Its where you like Lambert enough to moan at other fans but not enough so you ignore all evidence.
This is all getting rather silly. Where have I moaned at fans on this page?
You've spent months moaning at other fans on this thread and in match threads.

And that has what to do with my comment on the middle ground?

You're just getting personal now, not even trying to debate.

Personal? Its a fact, you've moaned at other fans on a consistent basis for not being behind Lambert.

There's nothing to debate. He's going.

I wouldn't be so sure he's going just yet, most managers get some time after new owners come in.

He might have a few months until they can get the man they want but also it sounds like the deals wrapped up so I'd be amazed if they didn't have a manager already in mind.

Either way I don't think we'll have to put up with him for long.

Lambert will stay to begin with. If he improves things with a better budget he will stay longer.

He is better than what he has achieved here so and that's not surprise being asked to play champagne football on lemonade money.

He is better than what he has achieved here?

I'd like to know what you are basing this on since you have recently asked others to provide evidence to prove what they say?

Taking a Norwich side that was smashed 7-1 in their first game of the season and getting them promoted.

Then stabilizing that Norwich team in the PL playing attractive attacking football in the process.

Is that OK for you?

You point was that he is better than what he has achieved here and I asked you to provide evidence of that.

He has had Norwich and ourselves in similar positions in the Premiership despite having better players to choose from and more finance with us so how is that proving your point?

Edited by shaggy

He might have a few months until they can get the man they want but also it sounds like the deals wrapped up so I'd be amazed if they didn't have a manager already in mind.

Either way I don't think i'll have to put up with him for long.

Fixed.

Lambert will stay to begin with. If he improves things with a better budget he will stay longer.

He is better than what he has achieved here so and that's not surprise being asked to play champagne football on lemonade money.

He is better than what he has achieved here?

I'd like to know what you are basing this on since you have recently asked others to provide evidence to prove what they say?

Taking a Norwich side that was smashed 7-1 in their first game of the season and getting them promoted.

Then stabilizing that Norwich team in the PL playing attractive attacking football in the process.

Is that OK for you?

You point was that he is better than what he has achieved here and I asked you to provide evidence of that.

He has had Norwich and ourselves in similar positions in the Premiership so how is that proving your point?

I can't be bothered with you anymore. You deliberately avoid the point to continue your bloody minded rather bitter agenda. Crack on chief. I won't be reading it.

Em, Moyes managed in the Premiership while the comparison used for Lambert was promotion from the Championship and many managers have done that.

It still comes nowhere near in substantiating the poster's point.

Just to weigh in on the debate. I have a huge amount of sympathy for the constraints Lambert has had to work with. The remit to cut back the wages to such a degree is, as the owner has said, completely unfair. The guy really was on a hiding to nothing. Trimming the wage bill to an average of £20,000 in the Premier League is just a ridiculous job to give someone. How on earth you can just get rid of high earners on long contracts is beyond me. So in that regard I think Lambert has fulfilled his duties Perfectly.

Add the above to the amount of serious long term injuries he's had to contest with this term. His main source of goals has been out for 1/3 of the season, as has his captain and first choice CH, with his second choice CH out all season. Kozak may not have been setting the world alight performance wise but was bagging some important goals before breaking his leg. Add this to the N'Zogbia farcical injury (or not as the case may be) and he really has had the worst possible luck. 

That all being said, the players he has brought in that have remained fit just haven't been up to the standard expected of them. I know they're on a pittance compared to other clubs but I'm guessing a lot of other Premier League teams have some playing staff at the lower end of the wage scale and they seem to battle, string passes together and play like an actual football team. In the regard Lambert has failed. I don't know if it has been a problem in the training methods or relationships within the club but something went completely wrong and nothing was done to fix it (until now).

Tactically I was excited to see what Lambert could do at Villa. He came with a reputation for being somewhat of a tactical genius (read this as an example). Taking inspiration from his mentor "der general" Ottmar Hitzfeld while at Dortmund and even going as far as sitting for his coaching badges in Germany he took a route that not many British manager have taken and came to Villa with glowing references from a number of fellow managers. What then went wrong at Villa? You need only take a look at the Bradford games to see that Lambert gets out-foxed time and time again by other managers. At one point in the second leg we we're playing with 5 upfront. Not showing signs of any tactical nous there Paul.

Personally I'd like to give Lambert a break and see what he could do without financial constraints and with a fully fit squad but unfortunately I think that ship has sailed. With Villa looking to embark on a new and exciting chapter in our history I just can't see us sticking with a man that has delivered such atrocious football. I'd persist with Lambert at the helm only until a suitable and well known manager can be appointed then it's auf wiedersehen Paul. Thank's for the unwanted records.

Edited by NorthEastVillan
  • Like 1

Nope, just when someone shouts louder and refuses to listen then there is no point continuing. There is no point discussing something with someone so stubborn. Your obviously the better fan than me & seem to fit right in here so I'll just leave you to it.

Em, Moyes managed in the Premiership while the comparison used for Lambert was promotion from the Championship and many managers have done that.

It still comes nowhere near in substantiating the poster's point.

Not many managers have overseen back to back promotions from League One, to the Championship, to the Premier League, followed by a strong season in the Prem with a team built by himself.

Does that substantiate his point? Or are you specifically after an example of Lambert doing well in the Premier League? In which case, it's what you deem as acceptable that seems wrong, not the information that Eames has given.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â