Paul Lambert

limpid

If we had money to burn, I'd want someone who has a proven track record of spending. Someone who can attract a much higher calibre of players than we should be signing based on merit. I can't see Paul Lambert managing that.

Conversely, if the new ownership is going to start slow and build, then I'd  be happy to give PL £30m and see what he does with it

• Like 4

If we had money to burn, I'd want someone who has a proven track record of spending. Someone who can attract a much higher calibre of players than we should be signing based on merit. I can't see Paul Lambert managing that.

Conversely, if the new ownership is going to start slow and build, then I'd  be happy to give PL £30m and see what he does with it

I wouldn't want to see us 'do a QPR' and spend a shedload on money hungry tosspots.

Hopefully we'd sign some amazing prospects as well as some proper talent from abroad and such to improve our starting 11.

He doesn't deserve any extra time and no chance new owners give it him anyway.

I have no evidence but generally don't new owners tend to keep the current guy in post at least until Christmas..see how he gets on and then sack him if they need to?

I have no evidence but generally don't new owners tend to keep the current guy in post at least until Christmas..see how he gets on and then sack him if they need to?

Yeah I think he'll get some time.

Thinking about it, he's comments the other day about us not buying quantity and focussing on quality are interesting.

Lambert IMO will stay to guarantee a tiny bit of stability.

Changing ownership, manager and making a massive investment into the players will totally destabilize the club.

Not good ownership or leadership.

I wouldn't want to see us 'do a QPR' and spend a shedload on money hungry tosspots.

That's why you only give big money to a big manager. Not to an 'Arry, a MON or a Lambert

This is looking like the deal will be done at the sound of the final whistle on the last match day. I think the new owners will want a total transformation from the stagnation of the last few years, and Lambert has been a part of that. With an entire summer to set things up, I really think they'll let Lambert go and bring in a higher profile manager.

For me he picks up the sound bites and regurgitates them....that been said by others of what he should do

He is a re active manager not a pro active manager.

I heard a snip that he asked the 2 suspended coaches  on the Friday before the crystal palace game for some advice on a footballing matter after they had been suspended and they told him to **** off.

does that sound like a man in control or on their front foot.

Edited by TRO

Secure our Premiership status and if and when new owners come in, depending upon who they are, they will want a higher profile and better manager than Paul Lambert.

I don't see the point in keeping Lambert for another season. His result record has been dreadful. His style of football has been dreadful with no sign of it improvement over two seasons and despite the signing of Benteke and Vlaar his record in the transfer market has been awful with another total revamp of the squad needed if we are to improve beyond the Mcleish and Lambert era.

I don't want any remnants of the Lerner era at our club so as to be reminded of the succession of dreadful managerial appointments he has presided over.

I want a fresh start but this time a transitional period with the right owner who employs the right manager with the right players and the right system to play the type of football we all want to see again at the Villa and that for me is the bigger picture we all should be looking for.

• Like 3

The man deserves a better crack at it here, all his expensive signings have been a success bar maybe Okore who got injured too early but it's clear to see the potential the guy has. He obviously has a good eye for a player as we were in for Bony before we signed Benteke. Lambert was a manager who was constantly on the way up. He did wonders at Norwich by getting them promoted in successive seasons and then keeping them in the prem before joining us.  Since he came here he has had to face some challenges that he never would of before and without question he has struggled and made mistakes.

Last season he constantly sent us out trying to win every game which is how his teams play, then this season he tried to make us better defensively to avoid our young inexperienced team being ripped apart by more experienced prem teams and it has worked to a certain degrree.  Imo Lambert will have learned more in this season than any previous in his career and I believe he has the character to become a better manager for it. If he was actually backed like a prem manger and not a division 1 manager from the beginning then I believe we would be top 8 and playing great attacking football.  

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 3

For me he bits up the sound bites and regurgitates them....that been said by others of what he should do

I heard a snip that he asked the 2 suspended coaches  on the Friday before the crystal palace game for some advice on a footballing matter after they had been suspended and they told him to **** off.

Huh? They were suspended after the Palace game, that makes no sense.

Whilst things haven't gone well on and off the pitch for the last 5 games especially, he has done a valuable job in getting the club ready for a takeover for Lerner, whilst keeping us hopefully in the Premier League. I wouldn't begrudge him getting first dig with the new owners, unless we're talking crazy money that requires the real top, top managers.

For me he bits up the sound bites and regurgitates them....that been said by others of what he should do

I heard a snip that he asked the 2 suspended coaches on the Friday before the crystal palace game for some advice on a footballing matter after they had been suspended and they told him to **** off.

Whilst things haven't gone well on and off the pitch for the last 5 games especially, he has done a valuable job in getting the club ready for a takeover for Lerner, whilst keeping us hopefully in the Premier League. I wouldn't begrudge him getting first dig with the new owners, unless we're talking crazy money that requires the real top, top managers.

We aren't going to attract top top managers though. The top managers won't see the attraction of the job and money won't be enough to attract them.

I heard a snip that he asked the 2 suspended coaches on the Friday before the crystal palace game for some advice on a footballing matter after they had been suspended and they told him to **** off.

We aren't going to attract top top managers though. The top managers won't see the attraction of the job and money won't be enough to attract them.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised if the right investment is made available.

Lambert IMO will stay to guarantee a tiny bit of stability.

Changing ownership, manager and making a massive investment into the players will totally destabilize the club.

Not good ownership or leadership.

If we bring in a better manager and better players, because of said manager, how would that destabilize the club when the alternative is Lambert who doesn't know how to get us out of a relegation fight? He might bring stability just because he has been here two years, but it would also mean that he would bring in his players and frankly I don't want him to do that. We have enough dross in our squad as it is already, the new guy would have to spend lots of time just to get rid of them. A new manager and new, better players would almost guarantee a safe journey next season - unlike Lambert's current squad.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised if the right investment is made available.

Exactly. Overpay for a Villas Boas or Laudrup or Di Matteo. All managers I want no part of at Villa. Why not give Lambert a chance with a large war chest. Like others have said when he does spend a little more the players have turned out to be pretty damn good. And if it fails miserably he and the new ownership can part ways at winter transfer next year.

Edited by NSmith22

I was just about to post this. Yes managers don't last long after a takeover - but they generally stick around for the start. Almost as though there is that much crap going on - they want a bit of stability around the first team. Kendrick also reckons it could be a known associate of Lerners...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â