Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert's the man for the job and, in three years time when he is being linked to moves away from the club, the self same people who want him out now will be pleading for him to stay and labelling him "traitor" should he go.  Such is the warped mentality of the football supporter.

???????????

Proof.........

Lambert's the man for the job and, in three years time when he is being linked to moves away from the club, the self same people who want him out now will be pleading for him to stay and labelling him "traitor" should he go.  Such is the warped mentality of the football supporter.

???????????

Proof.........

well you have to wait 3 years for it ;)

Why are we even having this discussion. It's the Fulham game, right?

I'm not being wise after the event, I said in the match thread before the game that we were nailed on to lose that game with the players available. Fulham needed to win and we could afford to lose. Anyone who follows football will know that those are circumstances where even the best sides struggle, and we don't yet have one of the best sides.

Lambert had a sow's ear on Saturday, no manager could have made a silk purse out of it, don't kid yourselves.

FFS It's to do with how Lambert's has set up a weak squad he has assembled and the tactic's he uses. Fulham was just the latest farce.

You may well be happy and enjoying the football Lambert plays but the vast majority of us are not. I'm not going to get into an argument with you though as our view points are polls apart, I think this manager is more likely to send us down than he is to finish mid table whereas you seem to think he's doing a good job so we should accept being beaten 10 times at home this season.

The one thing that stops me from getting off the fence with PL is not understanding whether he had a choice to replace so many players in such a short amount of time, and therefore whether he created the bomb squad because he wanted to or whether he was instructed to.

If RL / PF briefed him to get rid of so many players within 2 years and to replace them with cheaper options then I can begin to understand how difficult PL's task has been and possibly have more patience.

If PL decided to do this himself and had options to introduced fewer, better quality players over time then he should be held accountable.

Do we know any of this?

All we are left with is what we see on the pitch which looks like a team and manager short of ideas, especially sub decisions (who he brings on and how late he leaves it) which is the single most annoying thing about PL for me.

If he got sacked at the end of the season I would not complain and I'd more than see the point why he did have to go. but for me next season is his last straw, if its the same old shit next season then he has to go. I'm prepared to give him next season and I hope he can progress us to a suitable level of performance and results(especially at home).

I've always backed Lambert. Just thought he had something, an idea, a vision, a plan. But you cannot defend the indefensible. Ten home defeats is frankly disgusting. The crap that season ticket holders have had to put up with for the last four years beggars belief.

My bigger problem is that getting rid of the manager is like shuffling deckchairs on the titanic. What difference will it really make?

Yes, someone might come in and might pep things up for a bit. Look at Sunderland under Poyet. But real, substantive change will require serious investment. Something we seem unwilling or unable to do.

What is clear is that we will go down - if not this year, then the next year or the year after that. You can only 'flirt' with relegation for so long.

Edited by Didiersix

The one thing that stops me from getting off the fence with PL is not understanding whether he had a choice to replace so many players in such a short amount of time, and therefore whether he created the bomb squad because he wanted to or whether he was instructed to.

If RL / PF briefed him to get rid of so many players within 2 years and to replace them with cheaper options then I can begin to understand how difficult PL's task has been and possibly have more patience.

If PL decided to do this himself and had options to introduced fewer, better quality players over time then he should be held accountable.

Do we know any of this?

All we are left with is what we see on the pitch which looks like a team and manager short of ideas, especially sub decisions (who he brings on and how late he leaves it) which is the single most annoying thing about PL for me.

I feel the same, lambert takes a lot of lerners shit because he aint around to take it.

Why are we even having this discussion. It's the Fulham game, right?

I'm not being wise after the event, I said in the match thread before the game that we were nailed on to lose that game with the players available. Fulham needed to win and we could afford to lose. Anyone who follows football will know that those are circumstances where even the best sides struggle, and we don't yet have one of the best sides.

Lambert had a sow's ear on Saturday, no manager could have made a silk purse out of it, don't kid yourselves.

This IS a wind up......isnt it ?

I'm really not sure?

If its not, then I am absolutely astounded by the ignorance of this post.

'Fulham needed to win and we could afford to lose' ??? WTF !!!

Do you apply those criteria to every game ?

• Like 1

Why is it "ignorant" please explain beyond internet acronyms. For me CED has pretty accurately summed the situation up.

For me the players have decided amongst themselves they aren't going down are already on the beach.

• Like 1

The fulham result could happen to be devastating come the end of the season. It was a big game for us and we lost. Granted injuries may have played a part but it was important we hung on and not conceded with 4mins left.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

I've seen some good 'hypotheticals' posted on here in the last couple of days but this one tops the lot!

I see in the piss you off thread those who have criticised lambert and our performances this season are delusional because we apparently have expectations of winning the league. I shit you not.

Since this is clearly targetted at me I will answer you.

If you are unable to extract meaning from posts beyond a literal reading that is your failing not mine.

However, in an attempt to be educational  I will try and help you.

Clearly noone expects Villa to win the league, the point I was making, that you rather spectacularly missed, is that the expectations of fans do not match the reality of our situation. The constantly bleating about "how far we've fallen" and "this great club is in ruins" are laughable. We are not a great club, and haven't been since the 1890s. That is not solely Lambert's or Randy's fault.

• Like 3

On Topic in its entirety.

Conspiracy Nuts, zealots and chronic over-reactors.

You get far more sense in the Religion Thread.

It's absolute bullshit isn't it?

For all the people that take the piss out of RAWK or Red Cafe, if people gave VillaTalk some serious attention we'd be a laughing stock.

Trouble is, just like arguing with zealots or Conspiracy nuts there is no reasoning with them.

The notion that AVFC is a "great club" is laughable, they look at "7 League titles" most of which won before indoor toilets became the norm and assume we should be winning the League. That pisses me off too.

Just for the record.

I see in the piss you off thread those who have criticised lambert and our performances this season are delusional because we apparently have expectations of winning the league. I shit you not.

If you are unable to extract meaning from posts beyond a literal reading that is your failing not mine.

However, in an attempt to be educational I will try and help you.

Clearly noone expects Villa to win the league, the point I was making, that you rather spectacularly missed, is that the expectations of fans do not match the reality of our situation. The constantly bleating about "how far we've fallen" and "this great club is in ruins" are laughable. We are not a great club, and haven't been since the 1890s. That is not solely Lambert's or Randy's fault.

We're better than losing 47% of the time and battling relegation. Expecting more than that doesn't seem too unrealistic to me.

• Like 1

Why is it "ignorant" please explain beyond internet acronyms. For me CED has pretty accurately summed the situation up.

For me the players have decided amongst themselves they aren't going down are already on the beach.

12 home defeats in a season...so far.

And you think thats because the players are on the beach ? Bloody hell, its seems they have never been off it.

On Topic in its entirety.

Conspiracy Nuts, zealots and chronic over-reactors.

You get far more sense in the Religion Thread.

It's absolute bullshit isn't it?

For all the people that take the piss out of RAWK or Red Cafe, if people gave VillaTalk some serious attention we'd be a laughing stock.

Trouble is, just like arguing with zealots or Conspiracy nuts there is no reasoning with them.

The notion that AVFC is a "great club" is laughable, they look at "7 League titles" most of which won before indoor toilets became the norm and assume we should be winning the League. That pisses me off too.

Just for the record.

hy·per·bo·le   [hahy-pur-buh-lee]  Show IPA
noun Rhetoric .
obvious and intentional exaggeration.
an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait aneternity.”
  • Like 2

However, in an attempt to be educational I will try and help you.

We're better than losing 47% of the time and battling relegation. Expecting more than that doesn't seem too unrealistic to me.

I'd agree with you there BJ10. We are a mid table team. 10th is about right. More than that is a bonus, less than that isn't ideal. Relegation would be a disaster.

Since we won the League last (with thanks to Morely) our average league position is 10th, thats about where we should be.

• Like 1

Â