Paul Lambert

limpid

Would we have beaten Fulham at home today with Benteke, Kozak, Okore, Agbonlahor, El Ahmadi, Delph all available for selection?

I definitely think so.

Last time we played them, we had Benteke, Delph, Agbonlahor and El Ahmadi available, and they beat us 2-0, so on the balance of probability I'd have to say no, we wouldn't have beaten them.

Lambert out.

Common sense > probability

What? Lost with them, lost without them, I don't understand why you think it's common sense to think we'd suddenly beat them?

---

This is why performances are important for a team like Villa. I'd love to fluke 3-2 wins ala City every week and win the league, but it just isn't going to happen.

Awful, awful football. Just vile. It breeds bad results and saps confidence from the team. Not enough of them are comfortable on the ball.

I think he could go in the Summer. The fans will turn if we lose anymore at home and I think he might go back to Norwich.

Rosler I wouldn't mind. Pochettino & Cortese double if the Poch follows his mate out of Southampton as he's heavily hinted he will. No to Laudrup for me, doesn't coach the team properly, just let's them get on with it themselves.

Came across this when looking at some of the older posts from this thread:

Regardless of what we did under McLeish, we're much more entertaining now, for better or worse! 

f**king 7 defenders.. My arse.

If we include Bacuna (which is fair seeing as Herd counts as a defender in the above claim), then that was seven defenders used today. A good way to add to a season that has been McLeish-esque for practically it's entire duration.

There was a reason for that you know - it's called injuries.

For me its quite simple. No matter who's our manager, whilst they are working under Lerner we're going to be shite regardless. 

Okay maybe with a better manager we will finish 2 or 3 places higher in the league, that doesn't exactly excite me much more than how we currently are. I have no faith whatsoever in Lerner's ability to find a better manager than Lambert, so for me sacking Lambert is too much of a risk. Is Lambert the best manager we've had in the past 30 years? Is he ****. 

I find it hugely disappointing that the one manager we've had in my lifetime who's tried to change how we play football for the better was kinda hounded out by fans. (Houllier). Whilst he was a bit of a tit, we'd be in a pretty decent position right now if we stuck with him IMO.  

• Like 4

If we're reduced to bickering about whether McLeish or Lambert is the worst Villa manager, it's time for Lambert to get on his bike.  He's a dreadful manager, and whether he's marginally better or worse than McLeish is neither here nor there.  Neither are good enough,

Came across this when looking at some of the older posts from this thread:

Regardless of what we did under McLeish, we're much more entertaining now, for better or worse! 

f**king 7 defenders.. My arse.

If we include Bacuna (which is fair seeing as Herd counts as a defender in the above claim), then that was seven defenders used today. A good way to add to a season that has been McLeish-esque for practically it's entire duration.

There was a reason for that you know - it's called injuries.

That was McLeish's reasoning too.

For me its quite simple. No matter who's our manager, whilst they are working under Lerner we're going to be shite regardless. 

Okay maybe with a better manager we will finish 2 or 3 places higher in the league, that doesn't exactly excite me much more than how we currently are. I have no faith whatsoever in Lerner's ability to find a better manager than Lambert, so for me sacking Lambert is too much of a risk. Is Lambert the best manager we've had in the past 30 years? Is he ****. 

I find it hugely disappointing that the one manager we've had in my lifetime who's tried to change how we play football for the better was kinda hounded out by fans. (Houllier). Whilst he was a bit of a tit, we'd be in a pretty decent position right now if we stuck with him IMO.  

The fans didn't hound him out, he wasn't healthy enough to continue.  He hasn't worked since because he isn't well enough to cope with the stress.

I was fed up before this game. There was nothing wrong with the back four, but they were constantly out of position today.

I just see no progress and think there is more talent here than what he is getting use of.

Problem is I do not know of any manager that would take this job right now. I fear we are stuck in purgatory.

The fans didn't hound him out, he wasn't healthy enough to continue.  He hasn't worked since because he isn't well enough to cope with the stress.

He was given the okay to come back to work. He wanted to come back to work. But we chose not to keep him. If the fans hadn't been so vocal about how much they didn't want him I imagine we would have kept him.

How do Hull, Swansea, Newcastle, Southampton manage to be better than us? Have they spent a lot more?

Nothing to do with the manager?

Yes, two of those are a dizzying combined total of, what, 1 point better off than us ?

Is this a joke? One of them won the carling cup last year and the other has just been promoted yet above us.

Anyway I'm glad you are happy we are on a par points wise with these giant clubs.

Ha Ha yours must be a joke. So Blues did better than us the year they won the Cup and got relegated.....or did they....I would love to know how you decide that one. Swansea record since they won that Cup is as bad or worse than ours....and how is someone behind us doing better ...it is hilarious really.

No, I am not happy

I am really fed up. I love Saturdays when we win, and hate them when we lose. I am fed up spending money to watch us get beat too often , to have such a crap atmosphere, and all the rest. Just as I felt great after the games against Chelsea, Arsenal and City, and Liverpool away.and after several others forgotten by some maybe.

But not as fed up as some of the stuff people say because they feel that way too. Like what you said.

And nothing at all makes me as fed up as those who, without apparently even a whiff of self awareness, bay at the moon every time we lose. I dont think our Manager is "a moron"...I domt think Grant Holt is a "useless fat £££££", and I dont think where we are in the League is anywhere near bad enough, in all the circumstances, for calls to sack the Manager.

And I dont think the subsequent hiring of another Manager - who would have been got rid of by HIS fans - is remotely logical or productive.

I dont think PL is stupid, tactically inept, or fails to see things that some on here seem to think, in thier modesty, that THEY can spot but he cant. I DO think he makes mistakes, makes poor decisions, gets stuff wrong. However, I see Wenger and all the rest do it every single game. I DO think poor atmosphere (however caused), injuries, luck, form, and salaries all make a negative contribution, as do bad tactical decisons , and the rest. But (actually like pretty much every other Manager) I happen to think PL gets a fair bit right, has bought a fair few decent players, acheived some good results, and improved aspects of our play, overall, since coming here.

A couple of results worse we could be near the bottom, a couple better we would be top half. To go back to those you mentioned, Southampton could easily be bottom half next year (endless examples), Newcastle were last year, the other two are below us so however you like to view it I dont aspire to that LOL.

It is the same for about 14 Clubs - and a few more besides coz a few Championship Clubs could hold their own

The sooner fans get used to those realities the happier we will all be.

Because I absolutely guarantee if we go the route some want we will be right back here again - as we have been round about bar a couple of seasons since we came up in the mid seventies - - in a season, two at the most, with all the same commnets being made about a different Manager.

Lambert out.

Curbishley in.

715d1348219178-2012-what-my-chances-inte

and if you are then a picard pic might have to follow...

not sure where this curbishley being a decent manager comes from, kept charlton up, did nothing with west ham, hasnt had a job for 5 years, only 1 of which was because of him suing west ham, dont see anything to suggest he'd be up to the job

Just watched his interview on the BBC. God he's an annoying, mumbling moron.  I truly despise the very sight of him as our manager.

Yes, you clearly do. You actually DESPISE our Manager. I struggle to get my heard round that....I cant think of anyone, even in real life, that I actually despise.

And lets hope our nexr guy doesnt mumble, has plenty of qualifications, and - somehow - isnt annoying, or you may despise him too ?

• Like 3

I do wonder how those determinedly defending Lambert will go if we go down?

"It's acceptable because of Lerner and we've got no money!!"

If we were playing decent football and struggling, I guarantee he wouldn't have as many after him as he does. This football wins him no favours with the fans, and Aston Villa no fans with the rest of the footballing world.

Edited by Tomaszk

Fulham have never beaten Villa at Villa Park. Another record for Lambert.

The fact Bertrand played midfield makes an absolute mockery of Lambert's squad signings. Apparently a loan player out of position is a better option than Tonev, Helenius or Sylla for midfield.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â