Paul Lambert

limpid

Different manager, different situation.

Your only argument for keeping Lambert even if he does worse than McLeish was for the sake of stability though. So that's clearly not the case as it doesn't apply to McLeish. At least be consistant in your points.

• Like 1

But if we did should the owners sack Lambert? Or is he the perfect man to bring us back up?

Who could possibility say, obviously has previous experience in doing so but on the other hand his record with us against teams in lower divisions isn't particularly great to say the least.

I wonder if there will be another Q&A between the fans and Lambert in pre season? There certainly won't be the same level of optimism, unless there have been some adequate signings. 

Edited by JoeParker91

Post match interview:

No we go again. No blaming injuries. Worse than that. Cannot explain home form, we play in a tough league, "losing is normal" (!) and there is no rocket science solution.

Well. We all understand the very basics of playing football, so please leave.

Lambert just do one and get out of the club now. A mumbling moron who continues to embarrass the club and it's fans . The desperate attempts of a few on here to defend him are head shaking.

Very mature. Who would you replace Lambert with?

Your only argument for keeping Lambert even if he does worse than McLeish was for the sake of stability though. So that's clearly not the case as it doesn't apply to McLeish. At least be consistant in your points.

Come on Mantis. If Lambert gets a new contract then it's fair to say Mcleish was very hard done by. Lamberts record is worse than Mcleishs's

Ken McNaught:

"I looked at the team at three o'clock and wondered what the shape was. At five o'clock I was still wondering"

Absolutely spot on. No excuse for Lambert and his failure at home. We still lost 4-1 at home to Stoke with Benteke et al. Played off the park by a Fulham team who are bottom of the league with a terrible goal difference. Horrendous.

This is the problem with Lambert. He has had two seasons, bought a load of crap and can't organise anything. It's not just today, there have been numerous occasions where the team has lost shape and it descends into chaos. We are all over the place most of the time. The manager and the entire backroom staff have to go. It would seem nobody has got a clue what's going on, when I watch villa play I find it almost impossible to try and understand what's happening. Lambert has had long enough and it's obvious he is a very limited manager and simply not good enough.

Agree, we look ridiculously disorganised. Opponents constantly given space and runners not tracked, don't see how throwing more money at him is going to change piss poor tactics.

The coaching and training sessions must be **** dreadful, if they actually have any. I'm convinced they just turn up on a matchday for a kick about. It's embarrassing. I think I'm going to start watching sutton town play. It would be nice to see some decent football.

Lambert just do one and get out of the club now. A mumbling moron who continues to embarrass the club and it's fans . The desperate attempts of a few on here to defend him are head shaking.

I don't get this argument. I can't can't think of an AM id want either does this mean there isn't one out there?

Come on Mantis. If Lambert gets a new contract then it's fair to say Mcleish was very hard done by. Lamberts record is worse than Mcleishs's

There's far more to it than that.

No, that isn't my only argument actually.

some may think you are trolling gentleman but I will give you the benefit of doubt. Shame that you resort to possibly the weakest of arguments to try and cause problems though. The who would you replace him with is weaker than a lambert team talk. Your defence of lambert has no real evidence of clear convincing argument as far as I can see. Why not try and convince the vast majority who are now calling for his head why they are wrong? I look forward to a sensible answer back ....

Is there far more to it? As fans why should we be concerned with what is going on behind the scenes and what each managers mandate was. What's happens on the pitch is what matters to us.

We were piss poor under Mcleish for a season and he had to go.

We've been piss poor under Lambert for 2 seasons and he has to go.

People keep banging on about bad luck and injuries , how does that explain the woeful tactics , the cup exits to league 2 sides etc etc

Today, hoofball to Grant Holt against the leagues worst side with a shocking away record

Disgraceful

Even over 2 legs FFS!

• Like 1

some may think you are trolling gentleman but I will give you the benefit of doubt. Shame that you resort to possibly the weakest of arguments to try and cause problems though. The who would you replace him with is weaker than a lambert team talk. Your defence of lambert has no real evidence of clear convincing argument as far as I can see. Why not try and convince the vast majority who are now calling for his head why they are wrong? I look forward to a sensible answer back ....

Think most managers in Europe ''Gentleman'' seeing as Lambert is one of the highest paid managers in Europe on £2million a year.

For me: Murat Yakin of Basel, worked wonders and a great tactician. Also brings through youngsters, pretty certain someone like him would want to work on here on Lamberts 2mil a year contract

• Like 1

Guys if we are being honest. We all know he has to go in the summer.

Wrong man. Lerner has to go in the summer, you know it and I do too.

That I agree with very much so but I would prefer new owners to have a new manager. Anything associated to Lerner must go with him. Obviously players would take longer.

Is there far more to it? As fans why should we be concerned with what is going on behind the scenes and what each managers mandate was. What's happens on the pitch is what matters to us.

Yes, there is. Simply saying "we were poor under McLeish and we're poor now" doesn't take into account various other factors.

Yes, there is. Simply saying "we were poor under McLeish and we're poor now" doesn't take into account various other factors.

What factors???

What's everybody complaining about? We shouldn't expect to beat Fulham without Benteke remember.

Benteke isn't the only player out today.

Not that there's any excuse for today's result, but we really are getting **** over with injuries at the moment.

We've been shit enough times with nearly a full strength team

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â