Paul Lambert

limpid

I have to say most of the criticisms of Lambert's press conferences are really odd. Fair enough if he pretended we deserved something from that game but he didn't. He made it clear that he wasn't happy at all with what happened. As long as he's brutally honest with the players in private (and I've seen nothing to suggest he isn't) then what's the problem? Why does the manager have to get irate and start throwing players under the bus in public when we lose badly?

Quite. And I can't help but feel if he had done that post Stoke he would have been slaughtered on here for it.

When you lose a match it doesn't really matter what the manager says, fans will be unhappy with the defeat and the manager wont change their mood with a post match press conference.

I have been reading the Man U forums after some of their games and it is amusing listening to the fans who, after every defeat, will say Moyes gives awful uninspiring post match interviews. Then after the odd win those same fans will come on and say his post match interview was 'quite well spoken this week' failing to see that it wasn't Moyes who did anything different, just that the fan was in a positive mood after a win. 

• Like 3

I actually agree with the above about his last post-match comments. It was a rare occasion where he did just hold his hands up and admit we deserved nothing from the game. If he is going to get blasted for doing that as well then he can't really win.

• Like 2

Lambert states Moyes criticism is over the top

Villa hand Moyes the easiest win they'll ever have to ease the pressure on Moyes.

It's inevitable isn't it. I was just saying to my Man U supporting mate that I would love us just to win this game, mainly just to see what the backlash on Moyes would be like, but, there really is no other possible outcome except for a united win. Grrrr. Makes me angry thinking about it.

Lambert states Moyes criticism is over the top

Villa hand Moyes the easiest win they'll ever have to ease the pressure on Moyes.

It's inevitable isn't it. I was just saying to my Man U supporting mate that I would love us just to win this game, mainly just to see what the backlash on Moyes would be like, but, there really is no other possible outcome except for a united win. Grrrr. Makes me angry thinking about it.

yeah i know it sounds bad but I can't even be arsed to watch this one, even when we play out of our skin against Utd and deserve to win, we lose or they cheat or the ref shows incredible bias.

maybe the fact that Lumplard didn't score three against us (he didn't play!) in the Chelsea match could mean that we don't concede our standard 2 or 3 Wonderboy England saviour Rooney goals.

either way a win is about as likely as Russia giving back the Crimea, along with a 'whoops that got out of hand' card and some red roses.

When you lose a match it doesn't really matter what the manager says, fans will be unhappy with the defeat and the manager wont change their mood with a post match press conference.

I have been reading the Man U forums after some of their games and it is amusing listening to the fans who, after every defeat, will say Moyes gives awful uninspiring post match interviews. Then after the odd win those same fans will come on and say his post match interview was 'quite well spoken this week' failing to see that it wasn't Moyes who did anything different, just that the fan was in a positive mood after a win. 

very true

i think sometimes we get annoyed when week in week it a manager says the same things about a humiliating defeat and nothing changes.

i thought what he said after the last match was better than on other recent occasions

After the last game, he mumbled something about "time to stop making excuses" which is about the first time I've ever agreed with anything he's said after a match.

Haven't we only won once against a team in the relegation zone as well?

We're such a bizarre team.

We have taken 8 points from 5 games against the current bottom 3

My bad, thought Crystal Palace were in the bottom 3 for some reason.

Consistency will eventually come under Lambert but we need to be patient for the time being.

I do wonder that if our team 'grows up' and 'get the necessary PL experiance' and gets 'consistant', are they capable of targeting the top 6?

Consistency will eventually come under Lambert but we need to be patient for the time being.

I do wonder that if our team 'grows up' and 'get the necessary PL experiance' and gets 'consistant', are they capable of targeting the top 6?

Yes. Potentially top 4 IF we invest bigger amounts in individual transfer targets and reinvest well from player sales. The sky is the limit for this club. 

Yes. Potentially top 4 IF we invest bigger amounts in individual transfer targets and reinvest well from player sales. The sky is the limit for this club. 

Maybe Lambert wants to do 'A Dortmund' ?  :)

Really, consistency is the bare minimum you expect from a halfway competent side. 

I hope the much-vaunted "project" is going to deliver something a little better than consistency.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â