THE Pint

USVillan

What are you drinking?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What are you drinking?

• Guinness, of course. Are you mad?
    • Carlsberg. It's not just for reds fans anymore!
    • Amstel. If it's good enough for the CL, it's good enough for me!
    • Strongbow. Leeds fans love it and I do to!
    • A local brew. Nothin' beats 'em.
    • One ice cold Coca-Cola for me, please!
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/11/19 at 19:07

The poll is awful apart from Guinness but give me a great NEIPA like Northern Monk - Patrons Project 19.02, Zihovec - 17 Galaxy + Mosaic, Megobrebi - Shkhara, Hop Hooligans - Crowd Control, Trzech Kumpli - Pan IPAni Wersja Urodzinowa or Monkish - Little Ride (Of My Own).

Edited by fightoffyour

Belgian. For anyone who's been to Bruges, that local beer they have and serve with bits of cheese ( :D ) is just phenomenal. If I could remember it's name, that. But not a full pint as it's about 12% - but so many of their beers trump the general lager options on tap over here. 

Otherwise, rotate Bath Gems, Doom Bar and Butty Bach or Franziskaner ( spelt wrong I am sure, a lovely wheat beer )

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

Does anyone do any beer club subscriptions? I've recently joined Beer52. I've been quite resistant to it for a while, because it isn't cheap but they send you such unique beers. I've tried Flavourly as well, but I didn't look like the type of beers they spend. 

19 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Does anyone do any beer club subscriptions? I've recently joined Beer52. I've been quite resistant to it for a while, because it isn't cheap but they send you such unique beers. I've tried Flavourly as well, but I didn't look like the type of beers they spend. 

I took advantage of a promo to try it, and I did like 75% of them, they were different. I didn't carry on after as I was cutting back booze at the time. I think without a promo it works out at about £3 per beer or something like that, but for the convenience and the unique element it's pretty reasonable value. 

35 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

You might have had a pretty decent beer Pia from Polish brewery Trzech Kumpli in the last box then.

Beer52 is ok especially with some discounts - try calling up or just going online to cancel or pause and you’ll probably get money off or extra beers in your next box - but they don’t seem to send great beers just pretty good ones. E.g. the last box had a Northern Monk IPA so it could have been something phenomenal but they choose some average gluten free can that probably no one else wanted, yet claim it’s some beer awards month selection.

Edited by fightoffyour

Â