Villa players you saw play once

holteendhero

I saw a very young Dwight Yorke play one of his first ever games for villa for a Villa XI back in pre season 89 against my home club Cirencester Town.

I saw a very young Dwight Yorke play one of his first ever games for villa for a Villa XI back in pre season 89 against my home club Cirencester Town.

Pretty sure I was at that game as well, only once though, still have the programme somewhere.

well I saw him play once and it was at villa park against basel and we lost. he may well of played against zurich aswell yes.

Fairy nuff, can't even remember us playing Basel but we're potentially both right!

I defo remember seeing him score, it was a pretty good goal too from memory

Richard Walker in the 1999-2000 season. Started in a home game against Arsenal and scored a good header. I thought he looked like a solid player, not much pace got had a goal scoring instinct and looked quite strong on the ball. 

He became a pretty solid lower league forward but looked as though he had more potential than that back in 2000.

• 2 weeks later...

Two players from me.

Rob Edwards, played at RB in a defeat at home to Chelsea under GT I believe. I thought he looked decent and seem to remember him having a mazy run and lob which didn't quite go in. My poor memory may be kind to the lad but for whatever reason he barely played for us again.

Luc Nilis, simply the biggest unfulfilled talent we've ever had, injury robbed us of some happy times. Who knows what JG could have achieved with him in the side ever at the grand age of 33.

Two players from me.

Rob Edwards, played at RB in a defeat at home to Chelsea under GT I believe. I thought he looked decent and seem to remember him having a mazy run and lob which didn't quite go in. My poor memory may be kind to the lad but for whatever reason he barely played for us again.

Luc Nilis, simply the biggest unfulfilled talent we've ever had, injury robbed us of some happy times. Who knows what JG could have achieved with him in the side ever at the grand age of 33.

On Rob Edwards we actually won that game, think he hit the crossbar and Allback scored maybe 2 actually. He looked decent and then O'Leary didnt fancy him and that was end of him

Two players from me.

Was he 33 when we signed him??

I'm surprised that no-one has said stefan moore yet, he scored on his debut against charlton, great goal it was. He made a few more sub appearances but never established himself, looked superb against charlton though

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â