Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

That wasn't boring and it certainly wasn't nonsense. Some of Germany's football this tournament has been excellent. I have been so impressed by Kroos, Khedira (big miss) and Ozil. They really have just paid the price for not having a focal point at the end of the team.

Don't you know it's cool to not like possession football now?

• Like 3

Germany for all their talent dont like playing strikers and it again cost them, brought 1 striker to World Cup and got away with it as Klose stayed fit but not this time. Must be at least other striker in Bundesliga could have brought

as for the subs Low made they were horrible, Sane should have came on earlier and I dont know why Schweinsteiger lasted that long

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

That wasn't boring and it certainly wasn't nonsense. 

France made it interesting with their counters. Germany didn't do anything until they went direct.

God forbid someone doesn't wank over Pep, Barca and Bayern all day though.

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

France made it interesting with their counters. Germany didn't do anything until they went direct.

God forbid someone doesn't wank over Pep, Barca and Bayern all day though.

I didn't mention Pep, Bayern or Barca?

Just now, rodders0223 said:

I didn't mention Pep, Bayern or Barca?

Second part wasn't aimed at your quote, just about how it's seemingly only cool to love possession football these days. 

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

Second part wasn't aimed at your quote, just about how it's seemingly only cool to love possession football these days. 

I love a bit of John Fashanu - get it in the mixer - action as much as the next man.

19 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Quite odd that a football nation as big as Germany doesnt have a capable striker other than Mario Gomez

There is a lack of quality traditional centre forwards in Europe in my opinion. I think its the same with Italy and Spain to an extent.

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

You really are relentless in your quest to defeat those windmills, I'll give you that. 

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

There is a lack of quality traditional centre forwards in Europe in my opinion. I think its the same with Italy and Spain to an extent.

Yep look down the top scorers in the bundasliga last year and it's hardly screaming out top centre forwards

6 hours ago, Xela said:

There really doesn't seem to be many. Lewandowski is the obvious one. Ibra is still very good, though getting on. After that I suppose Benzema, Morata, then who? Harry Kane?

striker problem has been happening for a while. Look at semi-finals of Euros only France started the games with what you call a traditional centre forward in Giroud.

Ronaldo has always been a winger, he hates playing up front and has less of an impact in the position. Griezmann is a forward but not a traditional striker since he floats about a lot

The game evolved. I think defences these days are much better at nullifying teams. With generally fitter players sides can defend more and more from the front through the game, it never used to be the responsibility of forwards to contribute so much defensively. The players who score the most goals in the world are Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez and Neymar. None of them are traditional 'centre forwards'.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â